Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

We need a Villa man. Someone who knows the club. Someone the fans would back even when it's getting tough. This is the problem.... Enough outsiders. We need passion for this club and it can't be passed down to players by managers who fabricate passion for the club. We need our own in charge. Rowett ? Dean Smith? Bring in coaches like Laursen or mellberg to help in defence. When our players are working day to day with passionate Villa men they will understand the club. Hell we've tried everything else. Even our current former blues coaches who learnt to hate us.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KSV said:

We need a Villa man. Someone who knows the club. Someone the fans would back even when it's getting tough. This is the problem.... Enough outsiders. We need passion for this club and it can't be passed down to players by managers who fabricate passion for the club. We need our own in charge. Rowett ? Dean Smith? Bring in coaches like Laursen or mellberg to help in defence. When our players are working day to day with passionate Villa men they will understand the club. Hell we've tried everything else. Even our current former blues coaches who learnt to hate us.  

I'm sorry but I just can't see "passion" making a blind jot of difference. All it'll do is shred the reputation of whatever club legend we bring in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KSV said:

It's romantic but destined to fail.imo

• Like 4

I get playing the 352 but it should have been Amavi and Bacuna at wing back not Taylor and Hutton. His changes were wrong too! With moving Chester to right back he left a hack two of Baker and Elphick and that's recipe for disaster. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I get playing the 352 but it should have been Amavi and Bacuna at wing back not Taylor and Hutton. His changes were wrong too! With moving Chester to right back he left a hack two of Baker and Elphick and that's recipe for disaster. 

Was it 3-5-2? I reckon more like 5-3-2

Edited by thunderball

3 minutes ago, sne said:

What we need is a tactician with a clear idea of how he want's us to play.

And that tactic can not be to sit back and hope not to lose.

I'm still blaming you for jinxing Johnstone paint trophy in the match thread...

• Like 1

Just now, VillaCas said:

Should we still have "faith" in Bruce TRO?

Its a good question VC

I think giving a manager time is a reasonable request.....but there is something we have slipped back in to.

I didn't see the game today, but I think it's got to a stage that you don't need to.

I really don't know what the problem is......I see the issues in their play( and we have changed personnel) but those issues still remain.what causes them to remain, I have no idea.

Maybe we just have to keep changing managers until we get the right one is the only way......but that seems like a frustrated approach, rather than a measured one.

However, It would take a brave man to let this continue unabated.

I guess we have to hear some openness from SB as to what he thinks is wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Round of applause mate. Hope you're enjoying your success.

Not enjoying it at all.

Watching what you knew would happen all along is a lot worse than being taken by surprise.

Maybe people will take notice of my posts from now on.

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

Not enjoying it at all.

Watching what you knew would happen all along is a lot worse than being taken by surprise.

Maybe people will take notice of my posts from now on.

Yep, Kozak would have made the difference today.

• Like 1

Â