Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Kevin Kilbane was on the radio a couple of weeks ago about when his legs had gone as a player. He said they went when he was at Hull but never really realised it under Bruce who had instructed him not to go past the half way line, similar to Trapppatoni he is a dinosaur of a manager. 

That said the Hull squad that went up last season had a huge amount of quality and he assembled that and was able to have them playing winning football, how he manages to get Villa playing winning football is going to be hard to envisage.

Just now, Mantis said:

Pretty much. Leicester last season are another good example of basically the opposite of what's happening here.

I think the only way out of it is to start playing well consistently and winning consistently but how do you do that with confidence and mental strength so low? It's a vicious circle. I think we'll just have to rough it out.

I agree just get this season out the way and then have the whole summer with a squad that is going to be there for the whole of next season and learn how to play with each other. Massive transition this year. We have to write it off as that. 

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Kevin Kilbane was on the radio a couple of weeks ago about when his legs had gone as a player. He said they went when he was at Hull but never really realised it under Bruce who had instructed him not to go past the half way line, similar to Trapppatoni he is a dinosaur of a manager. 

sounds rubbish. Kilbane left Hull in summer 2012 and Bruce came in summer 2012. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

problem is he has said same things before in post match interviews that its getting like Lambert we go again

Well, that's true, but there are only so many things you can say as a manager when your team has played that poorly.

Fact of the matter is we are not a team at all yet and not only that, but we are also still a million miles off being one - there will be more pain like this before we click.

Despite what the result shows and what some will say about the quality of our players, we are capable of a lot better, as the first 15 showed.

Tony has done a great job in shipping out much of the dross, but in truth this is only the beginning. You don't change half the squad and gel instantly - it just doesn't happen.

The remainder of this season has to be about finding the formula and building for next year. 

• Like 1

Have we  managed to find yet another manager who doesn't know, or can't explain to his players how he want's them to perform? Especially in possession.

We look utterly clueless when we have the ball. Don't think there's been a game under Bruce where I've seen clearly what the strategy in attack was.

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

We may as well have kept Westwood and just played Gardner in midfield

Whats the point in signing some of the highest assisting/scoring midfielders in the championship and not allowing them to pass the half way line

The mind boggles

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Last thing we need is another 100 million spent an F*** all to show for it.

Are we happy with the players we are bringing in? I think we are but they just turn to shit once they put that shirt on. It's frightening how much money we are throwing about. Hope it don't end up Lerner mk2

• Like 1

To be fair can you name a team that has had many changes as us to the first teams that that have hit the ground running?  It's hard to see but we have to give them time. 

Leeds had the worst start to a season in 40 odd years due to the number of changes. Look at them. 

We've had massive changes twice!!

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Fact of the matter is we are not a team at all yet and not only that, but we are also still a million miles off being one - there will be more pain like this before we click.

I agree. What option does Bruce have next game? I would like to see Taylor and Bree come in, Grealish return and Jedinak back in - but that would still mean two players having their first game, 3 if you put Hogan on, and then another 2/3 having only their second and third games for us - we will not see a team performance for a while yet and it's time to drop any expectations and treat the rest of this season as one long training exercise. 

• Like 4

We needed an squad overhaul. If we hadn't i'm pretty sure we would've got relegated again and whilst we have been poor this season we aren't going down.

Fans of other teams will bring up the spending but truth is we needed to do it.

What we need now is a system in place to get these players working as a team, this is where Bruce earns his money for me. Even if he tries 3 at the back to try and grasp that midfield just try something. I'm hoping Hogan coming in means he will change things.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sounds rubbish. Kilbane left Hull in summer 2012 and Bruce came in summer 2012. 

Must have been when they were at Wigan then but he did say that was the instructions from Bruce. It was the Monday after John Terry had a nightmare in the FA cup 3rd round and they were talking about losing pace.

40 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What's the point in getting rid? I'm not impressed at all with what's gone on recently but we'll only be seeing the same shit from the next manager after a while. Doesn't matter who we get really.

I can't agree with this to be honest - if we had gone for say Eddie Howe do you think we would be witnessing such negative football ?

• Like 2

Â