Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Getting a p****d off with some people on here and social media thinking they are really clever saying Tony Xia isnt going to give any manager time and they will be sacked in a few weeks. Look, Matteo was crap at his job, we were only going one way and that was downwards. After the Preston game, he said we were making progress, cmon, you want someone with that ideology in charge when it was clear to see were awful. Just standing there with his arms folded when losing matches, no shouting at the players, no motivating the players. I admire Xia for acknowledging he made a mistake and is rectifying it quickly. If we gave Matteo another 10 games and we were sitting bottom of the league, everyone would be asking why he hadn't acted sooner.

No issues with Tony's decision. It was purely a comment based on our recent managers. I'm of the opinion that anyone who comes in will badly struggle with this side. 

1 minute ago, West said:

No issues with Tony's decision. It was purely a comment based on our recent managers. I'm of the opinion that anyone who comes in will badly struggle with this side. 

Fair enough mate. I have to disagree though. I think all it will take is simple, basic management of setting a side up correctly and attacking sides instead of sitting back and being negative.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

My answer was in reply to Demitri_C's post, he said he would be very suprised if Wagner took the job. If he wasnt interested, he would surely have ruled himself out by now.

Wagner could be waiting to see what Villa can offer him before making his decision. By keeping quiet now, his decision could still be that he stays at Huddersfield with an improved contract and an even greater appreciation from his club's board and fans.

Sherwood topping a poll for next manager on Facebook.

Personally I would welcome him back. He got a raw deal last year IMO and with the right backing and coaching staff he could be a real success here.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Personally I would welcome him back. He got a raw deal last year IMO and with the right backing and coaching staff he could be a real success here.

He signed Lescott you know?

• Like 1

I personally don't think we'll do a lot better until January when we can buy some midfielders. That was the most negligent part in my opinion. We sorted everything then let our best players in the middle leave or be loaned out.

• Like 1

Seriously did people watch us under Sherwood? The team was tactically clueless, disorganised and unfit. And he ostracized the foreign signings, and pandered to the players who acted like d***heads.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jim said:

Why do people forget how clueless Timmy was when it went titz up? He's even more short term "solution" than RDM.

Has to be Bruce for me - as uninspiring as it is, we need someone whose been there/done that. It might not be pretty but I have no doubt he will get us winning games- it's something I can't say I had belief di matteo would be able to do. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He signed Lescott you know?

Yep, and at the time it was pretty much universally agreed on here it was a good signing.

I'd never even heard of this Wagner fella a couple of days ago, so is it wrong to be quite excited by the idea?