Next Villa Manager

Richard

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Richard surely you don't think there is a danger they will appoint someone we don't all like !!

My name is in the frame,  I think that would unite all the fanbase dont you?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

David Wagners record a Huddersfield:

Won 18, Drew 9, Lost 17 Played 44 Win Ratio of 40.91%

If achieved similar stats as our manager we would be looking at around 59 points.

Not enough draws for me. Wanger out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I got to be honest I knew next to nothing about him until this last couple of weeks so I'd be genuinely interested to know what he has done off the pitch at Huddersfield over the last 11 months that is to be admired.

Looking at this from afar I see that he went into Huddersfield last November and they finished 19th. This season after signing 13 players they are top of the league after 11 games. That at this moment in time is very impressive especially integrating so many new players and getting them to click so quickly. My concern is that would we be looking at him so favourably, or looking at him at all, if Huddersfield had a couple of results that went the other way and they were now sitting a handful of places lower down the table.

Unless we judge him on managing a B team then his time as a manager is less than a season and his impressive spell of results only comes this season which is 11 games old.

I think I need some convincing, perhaps what he has done off the field, for me to see him as the man to come into a job where for the first time as a manager he will have big expectations and be under pressure to be successful and if the last managers time is anything to go by will be expected to get decent results quickly or face the sack. This would be a whole different ball game, and a huge step up in terms of expectation, and I am not sure if 11 months in charge of Huddersfield gives you enough experience to call on for the massive challenge he will face here.

Huddersfield have won 8 games already this season from 11 games ,

He took over a huddersfield team in 19th last year after 3 wins in 15 games and won another 10

You have to go back 60 games & 18 months to March 2015 for our 8th win...

He has won as many games at Huddersfield in 42 games as we have done since early 2014 combined

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Huddersfield have won 8 games already this season from 11 games ,

He took over a huddersfield team in 19th last year after 3 wins in 15 games and won another 10

You have to go back 60 games & 18 months to March 2015 for our 8th win...

He has won as many games at Huddersfield in 42 games as we have done since early 2014 combined

Yes, but by that logic I have only won 8 games fewer than Villa !

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

For any chance of promotion the new man needs a win ratio of over 50%.

Well done RDM.

Afraid it will need to be higher than that - nearer 60%.

That win ratio all depends on what you think is enough.  Last year Sheffield Wednesday scraped into the playoffs with 19 wins (74pts).  The year before Ipswich Town got 6th with 22 wins (78pts).  So if we assume we want 22 wins to give us a good shot we need to win 21 more from this point. That was a win ratio of 58.33% before Preston - it's a bit higher now!

One of the reasons I am leaning to a younger manager.  Think it is unlikely this year we are so far behind now.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Well I hope you're good Mr Wagner,  to be honest in terms of comparisons you haven't got much in our recent history to be troubled about. I had hoped for Rowett but the best of luck to you.  There were worse choices.  You represent a gamble I hope to **** it pays off

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Indeed. Surely it must be higher.

Well we're **** then. No way is this club winning that many games. Don't care what anyone says.  That turnaround in form is not happening at villa park anytime soon.

• Like 1

Problems\Solutions

We want to win the champions league - answer - Appoint a man whose won it

We want to score lots goals - answer - Sign a lot of strikers

We need to be higher up the table -answer - appoint the manager who is currently top of the table..

its Wagner isn't it....

• Like 1