Next Villa Manager

Richard

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

My support of Allardyce is on the provision he is genuinely apologetic for what has happened and wants to make amends and prove his worth as a manager again.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

That will never happen. Even in his resignation/departure interview he was blaming the "sting" for what happened, not his greed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Just read this on David Wagner:

"Wagner took his players on a bonding tour of Sweden, where they had to survive with only basic equipment for a few days"

Gabby would not make it back alive.

You're having a laugh. He has got enough fat reserves to outlast Neville Southall.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

In Pat Murphy's article on the BBC he says:

My question is, how the heck did he get a stream?

Didn't you hear? He was watching a live periscope feed being recorded in the away end. 

• Like 2

Allardyce might be as apologetic as he likes, he's possibly getting a ban in the near future which would make it rather foolish to give him a job.

Even if they don't, his reputation is done, and our hiring him taints us with it.

His career is over, bar perhaps of he escapes a ban some small League 1 or 2 side might take a punt, like Oldham did with Lee Hughes.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

Allardyce might be as apologetic as he likes, he's possibly getting a ban in the near future which would make it target foolish to give him a job.

Even if they don't, his reputation is done, and our hiring him taints us with it.

His career is over, bar perhaps of he escapes a ban some small League 1 or 2 side might take a punt, like Oldham did with Lee Hughes.

George Graham got a 1 year ban in a more laid-back era. I imagine the FA will throw something similar

Graham career never really recovered either

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

That will never happen. Even in his resignation/departure interview he was blaming the "sting" for what happened, not his greed.

Ok, well I can't really say anymore because I didn't see it and haven't followed the whole saga very closely.

17 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Just read this on David Wagner:

"Wagner took his players on a bonding tour of Sweden, where they had to survive with only basic equipment for a few days"

Gabby would not make it back alive.

Neither would the players- he would eat them! 

• Like 1

I am firmly in the nowhere near my club when it comes to Allardyce.

He is now tarnished goods.

How on earth does anyone think he will be able to command any respect from the players? Every future transfer will be questionable. He will just bring the club under even greater scrutiny than it already is.

If he said it was raining outside, i would have to go and check for myself.....and i wouldnt take my umbrella with me !!!!

No thanks....

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Apparently Huddersfield are a very high pressing team, Wagner has them doing double sessions too.

Can't see that working out here with the calibre of players we have.

For his own sake he should stay at Huddersfield.

It would work eventually, but he probably wouldn't get the best going until after a pre season. Look at Klopp last season, very hit and miss. This season they look fitter and more drilled.

• Like 1

I'd actually be ok with Sherwood

... if we gave him one of those zero-hour contracts that are all the rage in Great Ingurlund these days. Might even get our great fan Lord Cameron the Baconlover to show up to a game or two 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

dont want Bruce at all but I would take him until end of season and then sack him if we got up. 

We are currently an absolute shambles near the bottom of the league. If Bruce came in and turned that around getting us promoted, you would then sack him? 

Thats funky shit dude :P 

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

George Graham got a 1 year ban in a more laid-back era. I imagine the FA will throw something similar

Graham career never really recovered either

He was sacked for embarrassing and undermining his employer that's all. He even said he'd the FA to sign off on his £400k before committing. There's nothing to stop him working again. 

1st choice for me is Marcelo Bielsa, might be difficult to get at this stage but if Dr Tony is willing to splash £15m on Championship strikers then he might be able to make an offer worthy of the great man. He could finally sort out the culture of the club and leave a platform for others to build on.

2nd choice is a bit more realistic in Michael O'Neill, a very shrewd tactician and generally is a very positive man without being a spoofer. Has overachieved in his last two jobs. Jonny Evans who is probably one of the smartest professional footballers in world football recently mentioned how shocked he was that no clubs have come in for him.

Just now, av1 said:

We are currently an absolute shambles near the bottom of the league. If Bruce came in and turned that around getting us promoted, you would then sack him? 

Thats funky shit dude :P 

absolutely, it would be disgusting to give him a similar budget to what we gave RDM. Bruce has made a career out of paying big money and then wasting it on shit players with shit contracts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I did hear a statement on the news here where I am pretty sure he stated he was genuinely apologetic for what happened. That's not the same as actually being genuinely apologetic but suggests he is showing some accountability.