Next Villa Manager

Richard

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Anyone post the betting odds - can't get to them at work.

Has to be bruce - I know it won't be that popular - but hes the best at steadying a ship.

The Markets open punters, expect more odds up as the day goes on. 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager

Bruce would probably do just what we need. Personally I'd hate it if he got the job. McCarthy, Warnock, Dyche, Hughton all fit the bill of no nonsense back to basics managers for me. Pearson and Big Sam rule themselves off that list obviously, but if we dont get real about the league we're in we could be here some time. Clarke is in an interesting/weird position, a whole bunch of wins as caretaker could make him a viable candidate. Rowett's a whole can of worms I'd rather avoid tbh.

But McCarthy for me, his sense of humour would put a smile on our faces, but his honesty is what's needed imo. Dyche is probably out of reach for us right now and Big Sam has shafted himself. Hughton has a good squad working for him at Brighton, I can't see him trading that in for us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

What is going on at this club, how can things keep going this way after us supposedly rooting out all the 'poison' and a huge change in personnel. 

The change in ownership has been a positive. I think Wyness looks a good appointment. Likewise Steve Round.

The main appointment Xia had to make though was the manager and he go that one wrong. It can happen at all clubs it is just unfortunate for us/Xia that he got the first appointment as manager he has made wrong. 

I don’t think anything is that rotten at the club now that can’t be put right by employing the right manager as I don't think the problems now run any deeper than that. We have a number of good characters/leaders on the playing staff now. In fact for me overall we have a decent squad. All that counts for nothing though if you don’t have a manager who can organise them in a way that gets the best out of them. We get that then we will be fine.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Round and round and round and round and round we go. Expect another new manager by the end of the season.

I think for the first time in a few years the manager will actually have the tools at his disposal to do a solid job. The squad looks like good, its certainly under performing currently. Up until the appointment of RDM we were actually getting what we deserved.

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Whoever gets the job has got a pretty thankless task until the January window. I feel sorry for whoever has to work with this crap squad

Hard to judge the squad  that way as the have been appallingly managed

Edited by Richard

Just now, Woodytom said:

As uninspiring as usual

We're a championship club without much chance of going up this season.

If we thought choices were lacking in previous seasons, we're in for a **** rude awakening this time.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

I hope he doesn't just give it to Clarke 

I asked the question on the train home from Preston has he ever got off his seat at any game?Never seen him do anything

• Like 1