Pre-Match thread

chappy

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

How come McCormack isn't starting? Does he have a knock or something?

I think that's justified - I think Kodjia is a better option up front and I think Ayew is a better support striker. We're playing two players who are at least nominally midfielders in the wide slots, which is at least some step in the right direction in helping our midfield two, I don't think there's room for McCormack in there unless it's over Ayew or Kodjia.

Personally I'd rather have seen Ayew wide for Grealish and Tshibola in the midfield - but we'll see how we go I guess - it's another very attacking line up.

Disappointed to see Bunn and not to see Tshibola start. Not in the slightest bit disappointed to see Richards not start.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Honestly mate, up until then I was in the 'give Kozak a chance' camp, but he was so, so far off the pace it was bizarre. I actually don't think it's an overreaction by many to not want him starting, he really was very poor in that game.

I didn't see it but going by some of the reactions to his performances in other games I can't help but think it's another over reaction.

Players don't lose their ability either, they just lose confidence.  

I've rated Kozak since we signed him and have seen all of his Premier League appearances. Every time I see him at the very worst I think there is a very good player there waiting to come out if given an opportunity.  

I like that he's kind of sticking to players/formations for a few games. 

Biggest problem with Sherwood was nothing bedded in because he kept changing everything each game. At least RDM is trying to bed something in.. 

.. Even if it is shite.