Pre-Match thread

chappy

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

I don't disagree with the first 8 players. Sellars haven't seen anywhere near enough of him and kozak fitness proved itself at Derby so I'd swap those 2 for kodjia and ayew. Not sure if mccoemack would work from the left either. Playing him wider would negate his threat imo.

Not sure about Kozak's fitness and I didn't see the Derby game but he did score a hat trick for the under 23's not long after.

I agree about McCormack wide. I put him in a front 3 as a third striker to make the attack a bit more solid. I'd probably want him to play slightly deeper and more centrally but get forward as a third striker at times if needed.

26 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

At least we can't concede four in the 89th minute. Or can we...

I remember villa 4 leicester 4... 4-1 up with 15 minutes to go! Never underestimate our capacity to snatch non win from the jaws of victory

10 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Not sure about Kozak's fitness and I didn't see the Derby game but he did score a hat trick for the under 23's not long after.

I agree about McCormack wide. I put him in a front 3 as a third striker to make the attack a bit more solid. I'd probably want him to play slightly deeper and more centrally but get forward as a third striker at times if needed.

Honestly mate, up until then I was in the 'give Kozak a chance' camp, but he was so, so far off the pace it was bizarre. I actually don't think it's an overreaction by many to not want him starting, he really was very poor in that game.