Pre-Match thread

chappy

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

4-2-3-1 I'd have thought with Ayew behind Kodjia and Grealish and Adomah down the sides. It's De Matteo's stock formation.

Yeah, he has gone for the Westwood/Jedinak pairing in the middle again :bang:

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Gollini must be injured - it would be one thing dropping him to the bench and another altogether dropping him from the whole of the match day squad.

I don't know, to save face it may be better to withdraw him completely than drop him to the bench, then you can just say he's injured whilst he works on a few things away from the spotlight.  Or he could just be injured!

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Anyway I'd go 4-4-2 with Amavi on the left wing, Ayew on the right with McCormack and Kodjia up front.

I think it's a compliment to Amavi and Ayew that it doesn't sound outlandish to suggest a 4-4-2 with a full back on one side of the midfield and a striker on the other. 

For me, I'd like to see us playing players where they're supposed to play - even if it means dropping some good ones.

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's justified - I think Kodjia is a better option up front and I think Ayew is a better support striker. We're playing two players who are at least nominally midfielders in the wide slots, which is at least some step in the right direction in helping our midfield two, I don't think there's room for McCormack in there unless it's over Ayew or Kodjia.

Personally I'd rather have seen Ayew wide for Grealish and Tshibola in the midfield - but we'll see how we go I guess - it's another very attacking line up.

Disappointed to see Bunn and not to see Tshibola start. Not in the slightest bit disappointed to see Richards not start.

Speaking of Richards, what the hell happened to him and his career?!

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I hope Preston doesn't know that Bunn can't reach the crossbar when he "jumps".

As long as someone doesn't publish that information on the Internet, we should be fine. 

• Like 1