Pre-Match thread

chappy

25 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Gollini

Hutton  Chester   Baker   Cissokho 

Tshibola  Jedinak   Gardner

Sellars    Kozak   McCormack

Bunn Westwood Amavi Kodjia Ayew Elphick Grealish

Kozak is useless. Gardner is very poor. Sellars in lieu of Kodjia or Ayew?

36 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Gollini

What in McGrath's name is going on here?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Gollini

Seriously Michael? Kozak ahead of Kodjia, Sellars ahead of Ayew? 

Why. 

Can't believe I'm writhing this this but I hope we go 4-3-3 with Jedinak, Tshibola and, wait for it..... Westwood :wacko: in midfield.

As for the front 3 it all comes down to form and fitness. Ayew, McCormack, Kodija maybe?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Kozak is useless. Gardner is very poor. Sellars in lieu of Kodjia or Ayew?

I like Kozak a lot. I chose Gardner ahead of Westwood because he is slightly more attacking and I think we need that as I went for a defensive back four and a new front 3. I also think there is a chance Tshibola, Jedinak and Gardner as a 3 could gel. 

Sellars ahead of Ayew and Kodjia because I rate him and because I see him working a lot better with Kozak than Kodjia or Ayew.

I don't think I can stomach another bloody draw. If we lose then it's curtains for RDM I think. Please win Villa, just for a change.

Edited by Ingram85

21 minutes ago, Dirk said:

Lyden

Ah, Okay. Age wise he's not much younger than Gollini, Grealish or Tshibola. I've a feeling there's not 12 months between the four of them. That said, I think you're right and he's unlikely to feature!

25 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I like Kozak a lot. I chose Gardner ahead of Westwood because he is slightly more attacking and I think we need that as I went for a defensive back four and a new front 3. I also think there is a chance Tshibola, Jedinak and Gardner as a 3 could gel. 

Sellars ahead of Ayew and Kodjia because I rate him and because I see him working a lot better with Kozak than Kodjia or Ayew.

You may want to increase the medication a tad ;) !!! 

• Like 2

Wish I was going today, although the football may be pants and we'll probably end up drawing, you can always rely on the Villa faithful to be good fun. 

I've no idea what to expect today, but win, lose or draw I just they get at them and attack. Control the ball and cut out the mistakes. Oh and get the three points. I don't want much do I? 

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't believe I'm writhing this this but I hope we go 4-3-3 with Jedinak, Tshibola and, wait for it..... Westwood :wacko: in midfield.

As for the front 3 it all comes down to form and fitness. Ayew, McCormack, Kodija maybe?

I think we need three in midfield, otherwise we'all have a none existent midfield again. We shouldn't have to in this league but the way we've been playing lately, we should bite the bullet and do something about the constant threat of being overrun. If he sets the players up right then it can still be an attacking formation. 

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to a good win!

Does anyone know the best place to park your car at Deepdale? Is the Shankly car park for away fans?

Edited by vbdub

32 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Seriously Michael? Kozak ahead of Kodjia, Sellars ahead of Ayew? 

Why. 

Simple answer is I rate Kozak highly and don't think he has been given enough of an opportunity. I don't think Ayew is a striker or a number 10 and relying on him to fill those roles or be the main source of our goals was a big reason we struggled last season. If we play him it should be as a wide forward as an addition to an attacking midfield and in form striker which we don't have.

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Gollini

I don't disagree with the first 8 players. Sellars haven't seen anywhere near enough of him and kozak fitness proved itself at Derby so I'd swap those 2 for kodjia and ayew. Not sure if mccoemack would work from the left either. Playing him wider would negate his threat imo.

3 minutes ago, vbdub said:

I'm looking forward to a good win!

Does anyone know the best place to park your car at Deepdale? Is the Shankly car park for away fans?

See @Seat68 post above.  Recommended parking as far away from the ground as you can walk because getting away after is a nightmare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Suggested chant for today.  ATTACK ATTACK, Attack Attack Attack, ATTACK ATTACK, Attack Attack Attack, ATTACK ATTACK, Attack Attack Attack.

probable chant for today....jingle bells, jingle bells, its not fun to see the Villa draw away

Edited by imavillan