Pre-Match thread

chappy

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

gollini

hutton elphick baker cissokho

jedinak tishbola westwood

adomah mccormack ayew

kodja on the bench. we have to drop one of them. I think ross is an asset we can't drop and ayew is creating plenty too. Have three solid in midfield, I'd like Baker at centre half, ideally and Aly at left back this time. 

I'd probably go similar to this but have Kodjia centrally where you have McCorm and McCormack on the side instead of Adomah, but pretty much give him free reign to drop off the strikers and come slightly deeper or wherever he wants to be dangerous. 

Gollini

Bacuna Elphick Chester Amavi

Tshibola Jedinak

Ayew Grealish

Kodjia McCormack

Don't like Hutton's style of play. Would like to see Adomah at around 60 mins and I wanna see if Amavi can still offer us something

11 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Right RDM listen up, here's the blueprint all done for you, just execute it!  Will it work?  Hell knows, but at least there's a logic behind it.  It's probably floored logic otherwise i'd be managing in the premier league instead of being sat behind an office desk, writing a tactical proposal for someone who'll never read it, but hey ho...

Starting XI

---------------------- Gollini ----------------------

Chester --- Elphick --- Jedinak --- Amavi

Adomah --- Tshibola --- Lyden --- Grealish

---------------------- Ayew ------------------------

--------------------- Kodjia -------------------------

The plan
1. Let's go all Pep Guardiola trendy style and convert Jedi into a centre back, play out from the back.
2. Drop Westwood - just so that if we do lose/draw we don't have 12 pages on here moaning about him.
3. Stick Lyden in the middle with Tish, because aside from those already mentioned the only other option is Gardner... nuff said.
4. Tell Adomah and Jack to hug the touch lines and create width
5. Give Ayew a free role
6. Tell Kodjia to play on the shoulder of the last defender

Subs:
If losing:  
Revert to 3 at the back and tell Tish and Lyden to hold, Adomah and Amavi to put crosses in for the big man, McCormack and Ayew to feed off the knock downs.

-------Chester --- Elphick --- Baker --------

Adomah --- Tshibola --- Lyden --- Amavi

----- McCormack ------------ Ayew -----------

--------------------- Gestede----------------------

If winning:
Flood the midfield.  Cissokho on to sure up the left, Baker on for height to cope with the inevitable barrage of balls into the box. Gestede on to hold the ball up.

Chester --- Elphick --- Baker --- Cissokho

---------------------- Jedinak---------------------

Adomah --- Tshibola --- Lyden --- Grealish

---------------------- Gestede ---------------------

DO IT!!!!

I like your idea but RDM won't change the tactics unless the scoreline changes, and he won't use a youngster as a starter. But, good idea nonetheless

Anyone travelling to this. I recommend parking as far away from the ground as you can walk. The absolute worst ground i have ever tried driving away from at final whistle. Wasnt even massively close and took me an hour to travel half a mile. 

• Like 2

I just hope we don't play all of the attacking players and have a sufficiently balanced bench to potentially either make an attacking or defensive impact.

I'd look at fielding

..................Gollini

Lyden.Elphick.Chester.Amavi

Westwood.Jedinak.Tshibola

................Ayew

.....Kodjia.McCormack

Subs: Bunn, Baker, Cissokho, Richards, Gardner, Adomah, Grealish, Gestede

Totally expecting Callum Robinson to score today in a predictable 1-1 draw.

10 hours ago, Dirk said:

Gollini

Bacuna Elphick Chester Amavi

Tshibola Jedinak

Ayew Grealish

Kodjia McCormack

Don't like Hutton's style of play. Would like to see Adomah at around 60 mins and I wanna see if Amavi can still offer us something

Bacuna is suspended, I think most would have him as first choice at the moment, but De Laet is crocked, Bacuna is suspended so we're stuck with Barry or Paul Chuckle unfortunately. Hutton or Richards; either one will make a mistake and balls it up so don't mind which. 

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Our poor results is solely down to our poor finishing. 

You cannot do anything about that - just wait for strikers to hit form. The midfield, on the other hand, you can certainly do something to improve.

14 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

It's a dilemma. On the one hand we could use 3 in the middle. On the other hand, however, Westwood, Jedinak and Gardner have all been cack so it's tough to play 2 of those at the expense of a Grealish/McCormack.

I agree that those 3 are very poor. They are, however at least, bodies in the middle, adding some sort of strength, though limited. And Grealish has been totally ineffective and McCormick has been injured.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I just hope we don't play all of the attacking players and have a sufficiently balanced bench to potentially either make an attacking or defensive impact.

I'd look at fielding

..................Gollini

Lyden.Elphick.Chester.Amavi

Westwood.Jedinak.Tshibola

................Ayew

.....Kodjia.McCormack

Subs: Bunn, Baker, Cissokho, Richards, Gardner, Adomah, Grealish, Gestede

Totally expecting Callum Robinson to score today in a predictable 1-1 draw.

I like that team. And I think Lyden has played RB before.

• Like 1