PieFacE

10 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I suspect that Arteta’s comments are partly about deflecting attention from his team’s failure to really break us down. They were sh*te in the final third, and that’s meant to be what they’re good at. Now all the pundits are talking about the theory of handball rather than focusing on a supposedly title-chasing team barely huffing and puffing against poor little Villa.  

Odegaard missed two really big chances, their finishing was poor throughout 

But they lost because of the ref... 

The handball is what it is, it's the rule, the kick of Jesus I don't think his reaction relates to the contact, his standing leg wobbles and gives way because his other leg is kicked, it's a dive, could easily have been given though 

• Like 3

It’s a contact sport. As @villa4europe says, the contact here doesn’t make his leg collapse. I’m glad it wasn’t given, obviously mostly from a villa perspective but also from a general footballing perspective as stuff like that should never be a pen 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The handball is what it is, it's the rule, the kick of Jesus I don't think his reaction relates to the contact, his standing leg wobbles and gives way because his other leg is kicked, it's a dive, could easily have been given though 

He didn't even dive right. If he wanted to sell it, he'd have let his leg get dragged or look like it was getting dragged towards Luiz and fall on his back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

😂😂😂

I'd be annoyed if this was given.

And if we play at Emirates and we get kicked that way, id be annoyed it wasn't given. 

It's a contact, it arguably a foul. 

I think what made it worse is jesus falling unnaturally - if he took a couple more acting classes this could have been called as a foul. 

I'm sure Havertz kicked the underside of Kamaras leg in the first half in a similar fashion. It was outside the box, in our own half, but Havertz kick looked quite a bit more aggressive than Dougies kick.

That wasn't blown up as foul either. Do referees consider precedent during games?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hoaxn said:

I'm sure Havertz kicked the underside of Kamaras leg in the first half in a similar fashion. It was outside the box, in our own half, but Havertz kick looked quite a bit more aggressive than Dougies kick.

That wasn't blown up as foul either. Do referees consider precedent during games?

Well they changed the rules recently. It’s fair game outside of the box but breathe on someone inside the box and it’s a foul. 

• Haha 1

Havertz not getting a yellow card early in the first for that blatant shirt pull. Sure Arsenal fans are not complaining that he didn't get his 5th card and isn't banned for the Brighton game.

Saka kicking the ball away is not a yellow card. Luiz doing so is.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

It's the salt from playing well but not taking any chances Vs a team who were knackered but did take theirs and being stung for it. Also it's ANOTHER team to be competing with, it was already bad enough with the 'big 4' that became 'big 6' that is probably now 'big 8/9', and their small little unconfident egos can't handle it. A crap season 15 years ago meant them finishing 4th. Now it could mean 9th.

11 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

The Luiz/Jesus thing is 50/50 - he's trying to play the ball, Jesus may have got there but was spinning away from goal. If that was given as a penalty at the other end he'd be equally fuming.

Watch the match back. Around 16th minute the exact same situation the other way around, not even a foul given. 

The commentators response. They were both going for the ball and he caught him on the follow through, not a foul for me. 

Exactly the same situation against Arsenal in the box and it's a definite penalty apparently 🙄

2 hours ago, hoaxn said:

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Watch the match back. Around 16th minute the exact same situation the other way around, not even a foul given. 

The commentators response. They were both going for the ball and he caught him on the follow through, not a foul for me. 

Exactly the same situation against Arsenal in the box and it's a definite penalty apparently 🙄

jeremiah-johnson-wilderness.gif

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This 100%. If they had taken care of business themselves then they would have nothing to complain about. Nowadays, instead of saying "we win if Odegaard had his shooting boots on", it must be the ref's fault we lost for not giving us two decisions that were by no means egregious errors (and in fact were correct). What happened to the mentality of "let's go out there and win and not let the ref be a part of the equation?" There are times when it feels like you are against 12 men, but that definitely was not the case last night and nothing to cry about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Havertz not getting a yellow card early in the first for that blatant shirt pull. Sure Arsenal fans are not complaining that he didn't get his 5th card and isn't banned for the Brighton game.

Saka kicking the ball away is not a yellow card. Luiz doing so is.

Had his studs up on Youri too. No booking either. Silence from their fans though.

My wife barely watches footy. 

Last night she sat with us and watched the game. About 60mins in, she said 'why are the Arsenal players just diving on the floor all the time'.

Summed it up for me, every tackle or bit of contact and they were on the deck crying - Saka the main culprit who I'd love to see properly taken out so he has a real injury to whinge about. 

Maybe if they'd tried to not play act and concentrate on footy, the result would have been different but when your manager is a whiny little bitch, I guess you reflect that on the field as a player. 

• Like 4

Â