Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I've got to say I'm not really a fan.

I actually think a old school poacher would bag a load for us at the moment if we can get Ayew to pass the ball.

We'd get Rhodes for £10-15m definitely, he'd be a a better fit for our team, and has a better Championship record than Kodjia.

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Thanks James! Just what I was hoping to hear, basically. What is his conversion rate like? Not from stats, but from your own eyes? 

Personally not bothered about the money. As you say, the reasons you have given explain it along with the knowledge that we have it. We've gotta just get it done at this stage, time's up. 

He isn't the most clinical, it always feels like he needs 5-6 chances to score. But at same time he is very capable of creating his own chances out of very little, which makes it feel not so bad somehow.

He hasn't scored at all this season, but his endless running tired out the Wigan defence and allowed Abraham to come on as a sub and tear them apart, he would have a goal if not for a good save pushing his shot onto the post. Since then he has been played out wide so not had so many chances to shoot.

There are times where he goes down easy but should stay on his feet and times where he stays on his feet but perhaps (and I don't like saying this) should have gone down. Against Newcastle he cut inside the penalty box and was pulled back and then tripped, he stayed on his feet and lost control of the ball, but if he had gone down most referees would have probably given a penalty.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

I think he will be a flop. Just my opinion, nothing more.

The fact he is plan "B" isn't great. We were linked all summer, was scared off by the fee and now gone back?

Based on what ? His hairstyle?

How can you possibly think he will be a flop?

He has not even signed yet ??

4 minutes ago, deeps said:

I think he will be a flop. Just my opinion, nothing more.

The fact he is plan "B" isn't great. We were linked all summer, was scared off by the fee and now gone back?

Based on what though?

I have no idea what this guy will do personally.

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kodjia (aka Jimmy) appears to be a good striker for this level. He scored 19 league goals for us last season, despite us battling relegation. He also netted against WBA meaning he managed 20 goals in his first season over here, despite not speaking any English when he initially signed.

He is very unpredictable, has good pace on him and is pretty strong. However he is incredibly greedy and has no ability with his left foot.

Personally would say his value is around 6-7 million, based on other strikers prices, his age and him not having the extra premium for being English, that said, we have absolutely 0 need to sell him and have 2 more years on his contract, as well as a club option to extend that for another year. Those coupled with the short amount of time left in the transfer window mean we can ask for way more than his worth.

In terms of the ACON, he only received his first call up to the Ivory Coast squad in the summer, and that was when they left out a few of their first choice players. He has been called up again in this international break, so obviously impressed but I wouldn't think he is nailed on to go to the ACON.

This season he has actually ended up second fiddle to 18 year old Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. We play 1 up front, and with the impact Abraham has had there is no real justification not to start him. This has meant Kodjia has played out wide in his last couple of games, and he has shown himself capable there, as against Newcastle he was relelntless and caused Ciaran Clarke plenty of problems.

Kodjia would be a good addition to most clubs in the division, though despite being a big fan of his, I really would say we would have robbed you if we get £15m for him.

Robbing us is par for the course at present.

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

Based on what ? His hairstyle?

How can you possibly think he will be a flop?

He has not even signed yet ??

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Based on what though?

I have no idea what this guy will do personally.

My opinion on it being a panic buy. I refuse to go by YouTube videos.

If this was the guy we really needed he would of signed weeks ago when we were looking at him before. We were put off by the price tag and now reportedly paying more than we were first quoted?

Everything about this deal/situation screams flop to me.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Signing a striker who scored 19 Championship goals last season.

to play alongside someone who got 21 and both were playing in teams who didnt achieve very much so had poorer players longside them

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Signing a striker who scored 19 Championship goals last season.

but didn't Gestede score 22 before we signed him.

didn't Guy Whittingham score a boat load before we signed him.

just think stats alone ( still significant) are not the complete answer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Robbing us is par for the course at present.

Haha, well it is normally us being robbed. Our record profit from a sale was what we got from a sell on clause when Bolasie was sold to Everton- we let him go to Palace for roughly 300k!

We have been ran amateurly behind the the scenes for years now, but we have had 2 fantastic summers in the last 3 years. For the first we brought in Mark Ashton fro Oxford to work as a consultant and we bought all the best players in League 1. The next summer he was gone and we managed just 1 signing, we couldn't even fill the subs bench. Then after Steve Cotterill was sacked we got Mark Ashton back in and have had a brilliant summer, signing players from Juventus, Bayern Munich and RC Lens when just  year earlier players were turning u down left, right and centre.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Haha, well it is normally us being robbed. Our record profit from a sale was what we got from a sell on clause when Bolasie was sold to Everton- we let him go to Palace for roughly 300k!

We have been ran amateurly behind the the scenes for years now, but we have had 2 fantastic summers in the last 3 years. For the first we brought in Mark Ashton fro Oxford to work as a consultant and we bought all the best players in League 1. The next summer he was gone and we managed just 1 signing, we couldn't even fill the subs bench. Then after Steve Cotterill was sacked we got Mark Ashton back in and have had a brilliant summer, signing players from Juventus, Bayern Munich and RC Lens when just  year earlier players were turning u down left, right and centre.

Interesting.

My comment about being robbed was not singling out Bristol City.....more about the demise we have created in previous years.

But hey, A good scout or talent spotter is worth his weight in gold.

Can we sign Mark Ashton instead then?:)

Ps for a minute I thought you was from the Dark Side BCFC.......I went in to a cold sweat.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, deeps said:

My opinion on it being a panic buy. I refuse to go by YouTube videos.

If this was the guy we really needed he would of signed weeks ago when we were looking at him before. We were put off by the price tag and now reportedly paying more than we were first quoted?

Everything about this deal/situation screams flop to me.

So you won't watch utube to formally an opinion but you will based on information that may not even be true ? Hmmm.

he may turn out to be Heskey  mark I I

But give him some game time first I'd say .

Based on his scoring records and goals I'd say as long as the supply is there he can score a Hat full.

Â