Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, KSV said:

I see him alot for Australia and no it isn't. He had a shocking first half. Bit better second. He's 32.. of course his game is on the decline. I Just hope he has 1 more good season in him 

One bad half of football and you're saying we bought him 2 years too late. 

It is reactionary rubbish. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

One bad half of football and you're saying we bought him 2 years too late. 

It is reactionary rubbish. 

I watch him more than you have as an Australian football fan. He has been poor in quite a few games of late.. i was hoping it was just a blip of form.. but i get the feeling that it may be a bit too late to have signed him. Thats all. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ said:

Going to the Australia VS Japan game next month in Melbourne. It is my mission to absolutely try to bust a nut to see if I can get him to sign my Villa shirt. If on the extremely slight chance I am successful, I will post pictures. ( Not pictures of me busting my nuts, that would be off topic. Of him signing I mean.)

Signing your nuts? I'm still up for it, I just want to know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KSV said:

I watch him more than you have as an Australian football fan. He has been poor in quite a few games of late.. i was hoping it was just a blip of form.. but i get the feeling that it may be a bit too late to have signed him. Thats all. 

Might be a case of the poor players around him resulting in him been dragged out of his role and trying to do to much.

Didn't see the game live, but this was his rating from www.theworldgame.com.au in our 2-0 win over Iraq:

MILE JEDINAK - Provided some toughness in the midfield. His touch and passing was a bit off in the first half, but improved after the break. 6

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

See he is already different type of player to what we have at the club.  the reports say poor first half decent second half. we normally do it the other way around.

Everything is the other way round in Australia.

I learned that watching the simpsons

Bildresultat för simpsons australia toilet gif

Then again my head might be upside down, so what do I know...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sne said:

At 32 it would probably be best for his club career (us) if he retired from international football considering the strain of both games and travel.

But I feel he's not the type of player to do that.

ATM thou he probably needs all the games he can get to get back into shape and form after the summer holidays.

He'll want to play in the world cup and then retire I'd imagine, like Rooney.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'll want to play in the world cup and then retire I'd imagine, like Rooney.

I'd imagine so, yes.

Better not get himself injured on international duty as our midfield is wafer thin.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I'd imagine so, yes.

Better not get himself injured on international duty as our midfield is wafer thin.

I think the worst injury he has had in his career was a cramp in his beard. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Might be a case of the poor players around him resulting in him been dragged out of his role and trying to do to much.

Not sure if you're fishing or not, but you could not be further from the truth...there are some very good young players around him

Bit late on the discussion but I watched the match. He had a shaky first half but so did most of our team. Number of miss placed passes. 2nd half didn't really do anything wrong. Made a couple really nice passes into the final third. Will be watching our next match on tues as it will probably be tougher.

Nothing new here - but you gotta love his attitude: http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/09/04/jedinak-believes-he-has-nothing-prove

Jedinak believes he has nothing to prove

Australia captain Mile Jedinak has revealed his emotions of leaving Crystal Palace as he embarks on life outside the Premier League with Aston Villa.

The 32-year-old made an emotional departure from Selhurst Park last month after five eventful seasons with the South London club where he played under an astonishing 10 different managers.

There was a flirtation with a drop to the third tier in 2011, followed by a shock promotion through an extra-time play-off win at Wembley 12 months later that resulted in three Premier League campaigns.

Then in May, Jedinak captained the club to a first FA Cup final appearance in 26 years against Manchester United.

"When you spend five years somewhere, and go through pretty much everything you can with a football club, it was special," Jedinak said.

"It was a good time in my career, the last five years, and it wasn't just what we built on the field.

"I was able to start a family in London and so on. It's a very dear place to my heart and will continue to be."

The combative midfielder was controversially stripped of the captaincy by Palace boss Alan Pardew at the start of the campaign and was then shown the exit door after the season-opening 1-0 loss to West Brom earlier this month.

After the game, Jedinak tossed his shirt into the crowd as he made an emotional farewell to the Eagles fans.

But the former Central Coast Mariner insists he's not driven to silence his doubters.

"I don't have to prove anything to anybody. Anyone who knows me in the football industry knows what I'm about," he said.

"It's about new challenge and a new chapter.

"If everything goes into place it will be a fantastic journey bringing this club back to where it should be, and shouldering some of the responsibility makes me feel very privileged."

Villa finished rock bottom of the Premier League last season and were relegated to the second tier for the first time in almost three decades.

Jedinak said moving with his family to Birmingham would help him mentally make a shift between the challenge of Premier League consolidation with Palace to restoring pride with Villa.

"If you understand the magnitude of how big a football club Aston Villa is, there's a lot to be excited about.

"There's great ambition there to return to the Premier League.

"I know from experience that it will never be easy but that's the challenge and one I will give my all to."

(Emphasis mine)

• Like 2

Â