UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Mark Reckless has now resigned from UKIP and is an 'independent' that will vote with the tories in the Welsh Assembly.

What a shower of opportunistic shits so many of these people reveal themselves to be.1415236088491_Image_galleryImage_UKIP_An

that's no way to talk about the Welsh assembly :P

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I guess the point about people who betray their colleagues and their voters to jump ship and join you, is that they are naturally deeply disloyal and untrustworthy people. 

I think it's a good thing to be able to genuinely change your mind. To be convinced by another's argument, or simply to change your opinion due to your life experience or whatever.

But unfortunately, Reckless hasn't had this experience. Just like his chum Carswell, they saw a means to an end, duped some people, and then bailed.

Trouble is, the quality of voters in this country, some numbnut in some contstituency somewhere will still vote for them next time, whoever and whatever they stand for.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it's a good thing to be able to genuinely change your mind. To be convinced by another's argument, or simply to change your opinion due to your life experience or whatever.

But unfortunately, Reckless hasn't had this experience. Just like his chum Carswell, they saw a means to an end, duped some people, and then bailed.

Trouble is, the quality of voters in this country, some numbnut in some contstituency somewhere will still vote for them next time, whoever and whatever they stand for.

I think it would be hard to Jump Tory to Labour and argue your beliefs hadn't changed  (even if Labour are still closely aligned to the Tories these days policy wise )

But Tory to UKIP and vice versa doesn't really mean you have betrayed much of your long held beliefs ,

if your local MP does a decent job , and you vote on local issues then I could see people still voting for him without necessarily having to be a numbnut , though that might be giving your average voter too much credit of course .

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think it would be hard to Jump Tory to Labour and argue your beliefs hadn't changed  (even if Labour are still closely aligned to the Tories these days policy wise )

But Tory to UKIP and vice versa doesn't really mean you have betrayed much of your long held beliefs ,

if your local MP does a decent job , and you vote on local issues then I could see people still voting for him without necessarily having to be a numbnut , though that might be giving your average voter too much credit of course .

Counting Liberal, Labour and Tory as the 'big three', there have been about 20 switches by MP's since '45.

About 7 or 8 of them tory to Labour, most recently Quentin Davies, 2007, citing that he didn't like alleged pig shagger David Cameron.

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I do agree with this, but as I think you hint at in the rest of your comment, it's a bit different in politics. For one thing, you have chosen to represent the beliefs of people who voted for you. Politicians should be swayed by evidence, and should be open to new ideas and philosophies, but I do think they have something of a responsibility to those who chose them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

it's a bit different in politics. For one thing, you have chosen to represent the beliefs of people who voted for you

They absolutely don't choose to represent the beliefs of people who vote for them, or they shouldn't. They are supposed to use their judgement to represent the interests of all their constituents of all parties and none. I view "having a responsibility to those who voted for them" as a major part of the problem with politics. MPs, (particularly in close run constituency votes) really need to take account of the people who didn't vote for them. It's part of the reason for Labour losing out in Scotland and for the general distrust of politicians, IMO and probably for Brexit.

• 2 weeks later...

The left are in a state of shambles at the moment, obviously, so thank God for the responsible people to the right of the Tories, who are pushing back from a principled . . . what was I saying . . . principled . . . serious something or other . . . not fruitcakes or loonies these days! . . . no . . . that's for sure . . . 

This UKIP Guy Is Selling "Bleach" As A Health Supplement

'Andrew Haigh, appointed UKIP's national organiser for Wales in 2015, has a website selling "Aerobic Oxygen" for consumption – but tests reveal it to be a powerful chemical similar to oven cleaner.

sub-buzz-18359-1492083281-4.jpg?downsize

A company run by a senior UKIP politician is selling what appears to be industrial-strength bleach as a health product, with instructions for users to put a few drops of it in drinks or use it with water as mouthwash.

Andrew Haigh, who was appointed UKIP’s national organiser for Wales in 2015, has, according to the website of his company Vitalox, been supplying “Aerobic Oxygen” since 1998. Its leaflet describes it as “good for you” and “the healthier element” – it says it "harness[es] the powerful healing properties of oxygen for use within the body".

However, a chemist who tested the product told BuzzFeed News it’s “reasonable to say it’s sodium chlorite or something similar”, based on the tests he carried out. Sodium chlorite is a powerful corrosive alkali used in several industrial processes, including paper-bleaching.'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomchivers/a-ukip-politician-is-selling-a-health-product-called?utm_term=.vm9wYYy69#.ddDVrrE56

• Like 1

Unverifiable from what I can see but that latest Popbitch mailer reported the following last week:

A YouGov poll this week found that just over a quarter of UKIP voters think that sex with animals should not be be illegal.

What's interesting about it is that she could have represented/supported any of a number of minor political parties with those views, including the Greens. This is surprisingly typical - there's a group of people who move in between minor parties where they have more chance of a bit of influence or an actual selection (as here) and essentially build up a portfolio of odd and sometimes mutually contradictory beliefs. 

Give her five years and she'll be a jihadi, like Barry from 'Four Lions'. 

Ukip's Arron Banks to set up pirate radio station on fishing trawler off the Essex coast if he is selected as Clacton candidate

Millionaire Ukip donor Arron Banks plans to campaign using a pirate radio station operating from a former fishing trawler off the coast of Essex if he is selected as a candidate there. 

Mr Banks is hoping that he will be approved on Wednesday next week as the UK Independence Party candidate for Clacton in the general eleciton.

Mr Banks is due to meet with Ukip councillors on Monday in Clacton and has taken a lease on the constituency's former MP’s Douglas Carswell’s shop in the town to be his campaign offices.

The former Ukip donor is due to meet with the party’s National Executive Committee on Wednesday for a hustings.

Andy Wigmore, a close associate and former DJ, said Mr Banks will campaign the help of a pirate radio station broadcasting election messages from a former fishing trawler off the coast of Clacton if he is selected.

A trawler had been donated by pro-Leave supporting fishermen and could start broadcasting within weeks to the people of Clacton.

Mr Wigmore said: “It will not be Ukip FM. We are launching a pirate radio station for the election because Clacton is famous for its pirate radios.”

He added: “We have a whole cast of DJs who will be broadcasting throughout the election from our pirate radio ship.”

The station will be “broadcast off the coast of Clacton in international waters”, he said. The only cost is the speedboat taking the DJs to and from the vessel.

These include Mr Wigmore himself, Mike Read, the former Radio 1 DJ, and Nigel Farage, the former Ukip leader who now hosts a nightly LBC talkshow.

The station would be “based offshore in international waters”, he said, adding “it will be all about the election with music”.

Asked if the station was allowed under UK election law Mr Wigmore said: “If it is a pirate radio station how can they stop you? It is going to happen, I promise you.”

Pirate radio stations broadcast off the coast of Essex in the 1960s and 1970s. In 2014 pirate radio museum has opened on Clacton seafront.

Â