Nintendo Switch

Chindie

They kept the terrible climbing rain mechanic then. Halfway up a tower, and it starts raining. Can't do anything until it stops. What a dismal bit of game design.

49 minutes ago, Risso said:

They kept the terrible climbing rain mechanic then. Halfway up a tower, and it starts raining. Can't do anything until it stops. What a dismal bit of game design.

This seems to bother you more than others, however I always thought this issue could have been easily solved with an item like some sort of climbing shoes or tunic that means you can climb in the rain. Seemed like quite an obvious thing they could have included but didn't.

Maybe this time they've included something like that

Just now, Stevo985 said:

This seems to bother you more than others, however I always thought this issue could have been easily solved with an item like some sort of climbing shoes or tunic that means you can climb in the rain. Seemed like quite an obvious thing they could have included but didn't.

Maybe this time they've included something like that

Yep I said something similar in BOTW. I like the different game mechanics and how they affect gameplay, but like you've suggested, most have some way of countering them. With the rain though, I literally couldn't do anything for 10 minutes until it stopped. I was stood on a ledge, halfway up a tower. Couldn't do anything but put the Switch down, and wait for time to pass. What exactly is the point of that?

5 hours ago, Risso said:

There are a couple of creatures you can catch to make elixirs that stop you from slipping in the rain. Have a look in caves and around Kakariko. 

• Thanks 1

So after I died the trees did reappear so I've managed to connect 2 out of the three orbs I need for the old fella to give me the glider.  Wasn't sure initially but slowly getting into this.

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

ToTK coming out has finally got me playing BotW! 🤦‍♂️

Look forward to hearing what you think. That game changed how I feel about gaming, just as the new one has again. 

On 16/05/2023 at 06:51, dubbs said:

So after I died the trees did reappear so I've managed to connect 2 out of the three orbs I need for the old fella to give me the glider.  Wasn't sure initially but slowly getting into this.

How are you getting on? The Glider will be the last item you receive before you head down below.

4 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

How are you getting on? The Glider will be the last item you receive before you head down below.

Haven't had a chance to jump on since the last post but hoping to put some time into it either later this evening or the weekend.  First thing to do is collect that last orb and meet back up with the old man who wants them.

• Thanks 1

Right I'm getting sightly miffed at this now and I'm still in the first area!  The last orb location just seems impossible to get to.  I either freeze to death or fall to my death because I run out of stamina.  And the fact he can run for about 2 seconds before he's tired is REALLY ANNOYING!! Guess I'll look on YouTube.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Right I'm getting sightly miffed at this now and I'm still in the first area!  The last orb location just seems impossible to get to.  I either freeze to death or fall to my death because I run out of stamina.  And the fact he can run for about 2 seconds before he's tired is REALLY ANNOYING!! Guess I'll look on YouTube.

Get some spicy peppers (there are some down by the river, near the place with some rafts) and use them to make a spicey stew (use some raw meat etc) and eating that will mean you aren’t affected by cold.

Think there are some by the temple of time too. 

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Thanks 1

I think I just smashed loads of health items down me and soldiered on through it, later on when you explore the world more Google outfits to buy to knock it all on the head

But that's one of my gripes with the game, the elixirs for weather or the stamina stuff, that's not fun, boss battles are more or less the same, loads of health items to see me through it, I think one of the boss fights you need arrows which I of course ran out of so resorted to throwing weapons at him, ones which didn't break mid fight anyway...

There's just some fiddly menu stuff at times which breaks up momentum and game play and it's not a good thing

You can tell me the coolest gameplay mechanic in the whole thing, you can show me a YouTube video called 72 amazing things in BotW but it still won't make up for the frustration of weapons constantly breaking or just how bad moblins or whatever they're called are as an enemy type

There's a lot in this game which is not fun

Edit - should add I've not played it for a week, tend to have breaks when playing it, just did the camel and really didn't enjoy it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a couple of hours on this today to take my mind off the upcoming match. The world has really opened and is really fun to explore.  Once I'm done with Demon's Souls I'll be sinking lots of time into this I think.

• Thanks 1

Losing my patience with this game. I must be doing something wrong but I’ve fallen down to an area on the sky mountain and it’s impossible to get back up 🤬. Every time I die I’m back in the same place. 

Bullshit game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo Direct today was interesting. Turns out the leaked big SNES remake was Super Mario RPG.

People are going crazy about it, but it looks so bland compared to the original which had incredible art direction. Judging from the reactions, doesn't seem people are any more discerning than "Geno in HD" though.

Now the Star Ocean 2 remake loonk really good. My personal highlight of the whole presentation.

Â