Nintendo Switch

Chindie

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Edit: Putting this in spoilers for those who haven't played BotW yet.

Hide contents

I wouldn't mind the format of BotW's "dungeons" if they were actually good and engaging. The 4 main ones are just boring with some obtuse rotating gimmick in many (all? I can't remember) of them. And then the individual shrines scattered everywhere seem like an awesome idea until you realize that many are pretty similar and uninteresting. Some are even just "fight X enemy" and that's it. 

They serve as fast travel points for me, got loads that still need clearing, it I can't do it in about 5 mins I tend to lose interest and move on, especially if I have to tilt the switch, they can **** right off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They serve as fast travel points for me, got loads that still need clearing, it I can't do it in about 5 mins I tend to lose interest and move on, especially if I have to tilt the switch, they can **** right off

Yeah that's a good point. They serve more as landmarks than engaging gameplay. The tilting stuff is a cool concept, but the execution is just not good. Not even necessarily the technical aspect of it (gyro is pretty accurate), just the puzzles designed around them were poor. Like the third rate Super Monkey Ball shrines. Terrible.

I'm surprised people don't complain about that more, given how much people hated the motion controls in Skyward Sword (which actually felt intuitive). I suspect it has something to do with the fact that late on in the Wii's life it just became trendy to hate on motion controls, regardless of how they were implemented.

• Like 1

Loving this game! Honestly glad I picked up BOTW for a blast before I jumped into this as I felt ready and prepared. I’ve only died once, accidentally fell off a roof when using ultra hand 😂

Decided to watch a run through of the sky island opening by a gaming channel, just incase I forgot or missed something and wanted to see (I watched when I had finished the opening), and was shocked to see how much THEY missed 😂

Incredible so far. Significant graphical upgrade is striking. It looks great, which really didn’t come through in any of the trailers.

Ultrahand is incredibly intuitive, with just the right amount of nudging in the right direction early on.

Spoiler

Thought the events of the opening cut scene were a bit rushed. Interesting use of a significant name from OoT (Rauru), though.  

• Thanks 1

Finally switched off, I absolutely love this game already. I was worried the hype would leave me feeling underwhelmed, but already there is so much - even just small things which I won’t add here. What a game.

• Like 1

1:38am. I’ve got to be up with the kids and take them to swimming lessons in just a few hours but I can barely tear myself away.

This game is utterly incredible so far. I’m 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JB said:

1:38am. I’ve got to be up with the kids and take them to swimming lessons in just a few hours but I can barely tear myself away.

This is amazing btw 😂

• Haha 1

Spoiler

Is it just me or do the depths have a feeling like Stranger Things?

Not sure if that’s a spoiler.

also, I just went past a stack of logs near me (from a local forest) and automatically wondered what I could make using ultra hand. I need help. 

20 hours ago, JB said:

Love the fact you were so into the game that you couldn't even finish that last sentence.

• Haha 3

On Botw I think I've messed up early unless I'm missing something.  I'm having to visit 3 shrines and I'm pretty certain I needed to cut down a tree to use it as a bridge to cross a ravine.  Every time I tried the tree fell into the ravine and I lost it. Now I can't see how to get across to get to the shrine!  I wish I could fly 😂

42 minutes ago, dubbs said:

On Botw I think I've messed up early unless I'm missing something.  I'm having to visit 3 shrines and I'm pretty certain I needed to cut down a tree to use it as a bridge to cross a ravine.  Every time I tried the tree fell into the ravine and I lost it. Now I can't see how to get across to get to the shrine!  I wish I could fly 😂

Quit the game and come back in, the trees will spawn again I think?

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

I don't remember having to cut down a tree. I think most things respawn after a while, anyway. I've had a few moments like that so far, but if you look around, there are usually other ways to accomplish things.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Quit the game and come back in, the trees will spawn again I think?

I did reload after and they didn't respawn.  I'll have to keep looking.  Just wish Link could run a bit quicker and a bit longer.  He's more unfit than I am 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I did reload after and they didn't respawn.  I'll have to keep looking.  Just wish Link could run a bit quicker and a bit longer.  He's more unfit than I am 😂

Haha, you’ll get there once you fill out the stamina wheel.

Â