Nintendo Switch

Chindie

i was watching switch prices for ages and they barely move, instead what you're better doing is watching the bundles and checking with CEX, last xmas they bundled the OLED switch with the mario kart track maker or whatever its called and then argos went one further and threw a game in for something like £20 more than the base model, i traded in the 2 things for like £80 so effectively a £60 saving on the base model

i would still recommend getting one, Nintendo do a bit of an overlap and then realistically its going to launch with metroid prime 4 which ill guess your daughter wont be interested in and maybe maybe at a push a new Mario game, then a wave of mario kart and smash brother updates and then nintendo slowly drip feed their exclusives so its not a "must buy" console at launch, its probably not one for another 2 to 3 years yet

theres still some life in the switch, its got 2 100+ hour zelda games at a start, she'll be fine with the back catalogue 

I'd personally wait for the new console. I was in the market for an OLED model as I'm playing a lot more handheld lately, but I think I'm also going to wait. Hopefully the new console is backwards compatible and has an OLED screen. I'll be on that like a bad rash. The Switch library is incredible, and I've yet to scratch the surface of my own backlog, let alone whatever they have cooking for the new console.

Speaking of which, the new Direct was kind of underwhelming. Highlights being the Peach game and a couple of GameCube remasters, which aren't as exciting given those games hold up extremely well. But when you add in the prospect playing them in handheld mode on an OLED, that changes things somewhat. That's the beauty of this system I guess. Also finally Diddy Kong being playable in Mario Kart 8. Only took them about 10 years.

You could hear the barrel splinters in today's Direct.

They've clearly finished their efforts on Switch development and the dev teams are moving to the next console. The stuff Nintendo are putting out now is very much B team work and remasters. SMB Wonder is the last 'big' release, and even that isn't really the AAA of Nintendo's work these days.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

You could hear the barrel splinters in today's Direct.

They've clearly finished their efforts on Switch development and the dev teams are moving to the next console. The stuff Nintendo are putting out now is very much B team work and remasters. SMB Wonder is the last 'big' release, and even that isn't really the AAA of Nintendo's work these days.

That direct was poor. Other than the DK mario game and maybe the peach game the rest was very poor

I agree i think the next console is coming hence the lame direct that gave us very little to be excited about.  I think come end of march time/early april when financial years come to an end we might get some news on next console.

I really do hope its going to be ALOT more powerful but i wont hold my breath 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That direct was poor. Other than the DK mario game and maybe the peach game the rest was very poor

I agree i think the next console is coming hence the lame direct that gave us very little to be excited about.  I think come end of march time/early april when financial years come to an end we might get some news on next console.

I really do hope its going to be ALOT more powerful but i wont hold my breath 

This was the only good thing 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Purchased Wonder the weekend.  Me and the missus had a go last night.  As we're playing a co-op game, can you add other players if they want to join in or would that require a new save?

Â