Nintendo Switch

Chindie

Just had a look for that version of Ys, gutted I missed that! I have the normal version. I’ve got over 400 digital switch games - but this is the first console I’ve loved for years and I just wanted to start a collection. I have 62 physical as things stand (and Advance Wars on the way), I’m also desperate for Skyrim as I’ve never played that - but that seems to be around £60 and I want to pay £30.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Just had a look for that version of Ys, gutted I missed that! I have the normal version. I’ve got over 400 digital switch games - but this is the first console I’ve loved for years and I just wanted to start a collection. I have 62 physical as things stand (and Advance Wars on the way), I’m also desperate for Skyrim as I’ve never played that - but that seems to be around £60 and I want to pay £30.

It's not the collectors edition, it's a regular cart but with some goodies packed in. Just checked and it still seems to be priced decently

It's one of my favourite consoles because it has just about anything for anyone. Also been making use of the portability lately after having it docked for years.

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's not the collectors edition, it's a regular cart but with some goodies packed in. Just checked and it still seems to be priced decently

It's one of my favourite consoles because it has just about anything for anyone. Also been making use of the portability lately after having it docked for years.

Sweet I’ll order that and trade mine in!

Same here with the switch. I bloody love it. I’m off today so I’ll be going into the main town near me and doing a game search in shops. Got a few I want to get for my collection. I’ll send you my switch code?

• Like 1

I only have it handheld, this has replaced the game boy for me, sit in bed and play it while the wife watches tv, ps5 is downstairs on the big TV 

It's not competing with the ps5 for me, it's ticking another box and it's doing it brilliantly 

But then that just leads to the madness of not having TV apps on it, if this was a fuller media device it would be beating out my phone 

Edit: do you remember MS and the xbone launch with all the guff over wanting to be the centre of your living room and everything running through it? I don't think Nintendo realise that they have that machine...it just cuts out the TV too

Edit 2: talking of companies not realising what they've got...if Sony took the psp2, took some influence from the switch and updated how they do psptv (and bomb off the terrible dashboard and OS which bizarrely wasn't the same as the ps4s) then took some influence off MS with regards to streaming to other devices and connectivity they could make an incredible handheld gaming and media device (for £600...)

Instead they are pushing VR, it's madness, they were so close with the psp the technology let them down

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

I'm just not using my switch oled as much as I'd hoped I would. I guess I thought it would bring back family sessions like we used to do on Mario Kart on the Wii but it's not happened. Then again everyone is about 10 years older and a lot less social than they used to be 🤣

9 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Sweet I’ll order that and trade mine in!

Same here with the switch. I bloody love it. I’m off today so I’ll be going into the main town near me and doing a game search in shops. Got a few I want to get for my collection. I’ll send you my switch code?

One good tool I use is Dekudeals.com. You can filter by Physical, and you'll get notified whenever a game you're watching goes on sale or changes in price. Sure, send it over!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/04/2023 at 20:58, Keyblade said:

One good tool I use is Dekudeals.com. You can filter by Physical, and you'll get notified whenever a game you're watching goes on sale or changes in price. Sure, send it over!

I love that site! Thank you! I’ve picked up some more bargains now. 

Half tempted to sell off my “digital” collection account (over 300 games) and start again with mostly physical. 

Ill ping my code tonight :) 

• Like 1

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 physical is on sale. It's only about 20% off, but these games rarely go on sale so it's tough. They stopped printing XBC1 Definitive Edition while I was waiting for it to go down, so I have a decision I need to make 😅

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2023 at 17:05, Dodgyknees said:

Been making a few new physical purchases this month. I bought another Ys game (can’t remember who the fan is on here - but I remember somebody saying something when I got into this series) and I still love it.

I’ve also bought the Diofield Chronicles, Signalis, Remnant from the Ashes, Kingdom Majestic (saw it for £8 and thought it was worth a shot), and Demon Slayer - haven’t seen the anime but I love most things “anime” so let’s see. 

Oh and a game called Rustler which I saw for really cheap and thought it looked fun.

Whats this demon slayer game like?

On 01/04/2023 at 20:58, Keyblade said:

Thanks for this mate never heard of it before 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats this demon slayer game like?

Yet to play it but the reviews I watched said it’s pretty good. I recommend “SwitchUp” on YouTube, a good honest channel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Heads up for anybody who's into the game Ikaruga. There is a 2nd physical print for the Switch up for preorder now. The first one was hijacked by scalpers, so this is as good a chance as any to snag it. Priced cheaper than used copies of the old Dreamcast and GameCube versions too.

Ooooh, thank you!

• Like 1

On 04/04/2023 at 18:06, Keyblade said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 physical is on sale. It's only about 20% off, but these games rarely go on sale so it's tough. They stopped printing XBC1 Definitive Edition while I was waiting for it to go down, so I have a decision I need to make 😅

I'm playing this at the moment and it's worth the money if you like this type of game. Good characters too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I was lukewarm on the game, but honestly this trailer has me very excited for it now. It might just end up being the ultimate Zelda game.

I am a bit curious to the whole ‘create your own weapon or vehicle’ ability.

Â