Nintendo Switch

Chindie

On 26/04/2022 at 22:51, Stevo985 said:

I think they’re worth a shout. I’ve been very impressed. 

They also have extra buttons on the back where your middle and ring finger sit which would be great to map to gear changes for a racing game. 

Id still say an official pro controller is better, but if you want something that gives you the option of playing handheld then these seem great

Last night I had my first issue with them. They kept disconnecting from the console (even though they were attached)
Battery was full but just kept flashing up with that screen that says "press L and R on the controller"

Happened about 5 times in an hour.

Slightly irritating

52 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Octopath Traveler, anyone played it?

The opening 10 mins or so. Visually stunning. I've heard some complaints about the grinding and other gameplay aspects. My RPG backlog is huge, hopefully I'll get around to it one day. I really like the multiple scenario aspect of it. Reminds me of Live a Live (which incidentally is getting remastered on the Switch in the same visual style).

I picked up Borderlands Handsome Collection in the sale instead. £13. I know what I'm getting. I've always wanted a pick up and play Borderlands game so this is boss! Runs smooth too.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AXD said:

Just finished Earthbound on SNES online. cool game, i had never heard of it in the 90s. It's a long game as well.

A true classic. If you have the means / can be bothered, the other 2 games in the series are well worth a look if you enjoyed that one. Earthbound is the second game of the 'Mother' series, but was the only one that was officially translated in to English, and released in America. Mother 1 and Mother 2 aka. Earthbound have some significant connections in terms of the plot and characters, as do Mother 2 and Mother 3. 

I always appreciated Earthbound because of how different it felt in setting to other JRPGs. The only other game really that has that juxtaposition of a contemporary western setting versus a fantasy setting that comes to mind is Ni No Kuni. There's probably some other examples of 'isekai' games (being transported from a 'normal' world to a 'mysterious' one) with contemporary, real world places as the starting point...but Ni No Kuni is the one that sticks out in my mind. 

The concept of Isekai is kind of a meme in anime now, as the idea is very very frequently used, and it is a cool concept in games too. Final Fantasy X probably being the very best example.

Edited by hogso
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

The whole concept of time/place/reality in FFX still confuses my mind even now. 

Watch / listen to the Resonant Arc podcast! Their in depth story analysis will make most players appreciate it a lot more, I think. 

Edited by hogso

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The whole concept of time/place/reality in FFX still confuses my mind even now. 

What is Sin? Is it all a dream? Is it real but alternate realities? My young mind was hurting when I first played it.

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Watch / listen to the Resonant Arc podcast! Their in depth story analysis will make most players appreciate it a lot more, I think. 

I definitely appreciate it, it’s just I’m too much of a simpleton to fully comprehend it. 

6 hours ago, AXD said:

Just finished Earthbound on SNES online. cool game, i had never heard of it in the 90s. It's a long game as well.

Could you do it without a guide?

It's on my list to play again. Played it on an emulator in 2014 and got really far in, well I played it for many hours. Then my appendix burst, I was hospitalised and by the time I felt better I'd forgotten where I was in it and never got back to it. The only game I was so engaged in that I didn't stop playing to see why my body hurt until it literally burst

22 hours ago, Justin said:

Excellent. Did you play Horace? What did you think of it?

I did! Horace was so good. I loved it. It was such a good experience and constantly heartwarming/fun/surprising.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Could you do it without a guide?

It's on my list to play again. Played it on an emulator in 2014 and got really far in, well I played it for many hours. Then my appendix burst, I was hospitalised and by the time I felt better I'd forgotten where I was in it and never got back to it. The only game I was so engaged in that I didn't stop playing to see why my body hurt until it literally burst

TBH, I did go and check online sometimes to find out what I had to do or where to go.

On the other hand, there is in evey village a guy where you can buy a hint, but especially early on I didn't have too much cash so I started to look on line and that became a habit.

I thought id do the megadrive classic and actually try complete sonic 2 which i never did. Found it easier with the pro controller but clocked  it.

I might try this earthbound.  Ive never played it before

• Like 1

Â