Nintendo Switch

Chindie

Anybody ever had issues with their debit card on the eshop?

My card expired, so I added the new one and it says “your card cannot be used contact your bank”, odd I thought, so I added a different card and had the same issue, so I added PayPal and it won’t go through.

Ive contacted Nintendo who - quite frankly - we next to useless. My cards work on everything else (Xbox, PS, Netflix, you name it) but I can’t add any cards to Nintendo. Fwiw, each card I’ve tried to add is from a different bank. It’s definitely a Nintendo issue but I can’t get them to see that.

7 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Anybody ever had issues with their debit card on the eshop?

My card expired, so I added the new one and it says “your card cannot be used contact your bank”, odd I thought, so I added a different card and had the same issue, so I added PayPal and it won’t go through.

Ive contacted Nintendo who - quite frankly - we next to useless. My cards work on everything else (Xbox, PS, Netflix, you name it) but I can’t add any cards to Nintendo. Fwiw, each card I’ve tried to add is from a different bank. It’s definitely a Nintendo issue but I can’t get them to see that.

No i havent had a issue. I usually just use PayPal and it goes through.

Might wanna speak to your bank? 

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No i havent had a issue. I usually just use PayPal and it goes through.

Might wanna speak to your bank? 

It’s three different banks (3 cards) as well as PayPal, so it’s definitely a Nintendo thing. Google suggests it happens randomly to people, it’s weird. 

12 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

It’s three different banks (3 cards) as well as PayPal, so it’s definitely a Nintendo thing. Google suggests it happens randomly to people, it’s weird. 

It's not Nintendo related or a solution, but this exact thing happened to me with Cineworld and it was a **** ballache. They had no idea why it was happening and I ended up just not bothering to resolve it because it was such an arse.

Eventually a new version of their app came out and it worked again.

I know that's not much help to you :D 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not Nintendo related or a solution, but this exact thing happened to me with Cineworld and it was a **** ballache. They had no idea why it was happening and I ended up just not bothering to resolve it because it was such an arse.

Eventually a new version of their app came out and it worked again.

I know that's not much help to you :D 

Man it's such a nightmare, can't buy on their website or on the Switch. Their loss I guess.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2022 at 22:04, Chindie said:

Finished Skyward Sword.

I'm glad to have played it finally. It's quite good. It could have been one of the best in the series, but it's hampered in fundamental ways. 

On the plus side, it has fantastic dungeons and brilliant puzzles, led by some really good unique items. Genuinely best in series contenders. Truly great. And it looks really good. It has some good unique bosses for the series (and a **** appalling one). And it has some nice touches at depth with very minor upgrade mechanics and hints at the BotW gameplay mechanics.

On the negative side though... It's defined by the controls. Everything is a motion control puzzle and while the controller based scheme works, it's still a never ending run of dexterity and reverse Simon says puzzles, which you never feel completely at one with, always held at arms length from it. And it only has 3 dungeons, really. They evolve and grow over the game, but fundamentally it's 3 dungeons that you revisit over and over. Which is then made worse by the fact the flying back and forth is completely pointless, and with no true hub/overworld makes the thing feel incohesive. And that boss, THAT boss. Whoever came up with that needs prison time.

But I really enjoyed it. I wanted to play it, because it's a mainline Zelda game, but when it came out, when I was working in Gamestation, I had moved on from the Wii and the bad word of mouth meant I never went back to it. The remaster though, reveals it's a pretty good game, that could have been brilliant.

I've picked this up again after a couple of months away from it.

Still really enjoying it but the controls and movement of Link remain an issue for me.

My latest gripe is using bombs. With the non-motion controls it's extremely tricky to use the bombs effectively

On 14/02/2022 at 12:57, Dodgyknees said:

I’d say it’s more like Forza, the best Daytona type game is probably Horizon Chase Turbo, which is an arcade style racer - great fun, and the Ayrton Senna add on is great too. 

*Closer to Outrun tbh, but more like Daytona than Grid.

this horizon game is bloody fantastic.  Probably the biggest bargain i bought on the switch 

. Its easy controls, great graphics and game play is great. Thanks for the recommendation mate. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

this horizon game is bloody fantastic.  Probably the biggest bargain i bought on the switch 

. Its easy controls, great graphics and game play is great. Thanks for the recommendation mate. 

I need to get back into it. Glad you like it too. Such a good game.

On 21/04/2022 at 11:25, Stevo985 said:

I've picked this up again after a couple of months away from it.

Still really enjoying it but the controls and movement of Link remain an issue for me.

My latest gripe is using bombs. With the non-motion controls it's extremely tricky to use the bombs effectively

Fully back into it now and loving it.

It's not perfect, controls are still weird but get a lot better once you're used to them. And the game feels very linear for a Zelda game at the stage I'm at, maybe that will change later on.

But it's still Zelda, and it's **** great

• Like 1

On 08/04/2022 at 19:46, Demitri_C said:

Mate if you got big hands get one of these they are bloody fantastic and what i use

https://nyxigaming.com/

Ordered some big joycons from here to use the switch in handheld mode and got to say they are excellent.

Slightly lower quality feel than I would have liked, the plastic feels a little cheap (I got the transparent ones). But that's literally my only complaint.

They look great and work perfectly. They've made using the Switch in handheld mode far far more enjoyable.

Great recommendation @Demitri_C

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ordered some big joycons from here to use the switch in handheld mode and got to say they are excellent.

Slightly lower quality feel than I would have liked, the plastic feels a little cheap (I got the transparent ones). But that's literally my only complaint.

They look great and work perfectly. They've made using the Switch in handheld mode far far more enjoyable.

Glad you like pal. I prefer these to the official nintendo ones. They feel lighter for sure but think it works better as the official nintendo pro controller is heavy and abit clunky

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Glad you like pal. I prefer these to the official nintendo ones. They feel lighter for sure but think it works better as the official nintendo pro controller is heavy and abit clunky

I love the pro controller but obviously can’t use it in handheld mode. 

these are a million times better than the official joycons

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I love the pro controller but obviously can’t use it in handheld mode. 

these are a million times better than the official joycons

I dont know about you, but every single joycon i have had from nintendo has had the drift issue.  These ones havent for me yet and its been almost a year.

Definitely better on hand held too

Played, and finished, Metroid Dread this week.

It's not the best Metroid, but it's Metroid. Very, very Fusion-y, from what I recall of that, but not as good. And it's is control scheme gets a bit unwieldy when you are trying to juggle a bunch of abilities and navigating complex areas and puzzles. I actually stopped bothering with some of its upgrade collectibles because the effort to get them is so annoying it outweighs the benefits.

Good game though. Some pretty grim bosses upping the difficulty as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ll take a look, I need a pro controller are these worth it? Mainly looking for GRID as the Nintendo controllers don’t give me enough control over acceleration.

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’ll take a look, I need a pro controller are these worth it? Mainly looking for GRID as the Nintendo controllers don’t give me enough control over acceleration.

I think they’re worth a shout. I’ve been very impressed. 

They also have extra buttons on the back where your middle and ring finger sit which would be great to map to gear changes for a racing game. 

Id still say an official pro controller is better, but if you want something that gives you the option of playing handheld then these seem great

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I think they’re worth a shout. I’ve been very impressed. 

They also have extra buttons on the back where your middle and ring finger sit which would be great to map to gear changes for a racing game. 

Id still say an official pro controller is better, but if you want something that gives you the option of playing handheld then these seem great

Wicked. I’ll check them out, cheers! 

16 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Get them for sure mate they are great

Need to give you game of horizon soon

Edited by Demitri_C

Â