Nintendo Switch

Chindie

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Oh wow I didn't know that was out. I would have thought they would have used the joy cons as a sort of light gun? Kind of like how they did with the Wii version. Man, I wish light gun games would become a thing again.

Yeah and its currently on offer 10% off. Think final day today. I think im gonna buy it as im eager to play it! It prob go on offer for a lit less in few months but a long time to wait!.

100% agree gun games are brilliant fun. I do hope they get a gun for this game at some point.

On 04/04/2022 at 19:07, Demitri_C said:

The n64 online as expected has been a complete let down due to lack of games 

I was thinking about getting that. I know there aren't too many games on it, but Zelda OoT and MM + Banjo Kazooie would be a good use of my free time 🙂.

I got the SNES online basically for Zelda Alttp (my first ever zelda game) and super metroid. Donkey Kong's great fun too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AXD said:

I was thinking about getting that. I know there aren't too many games on it, but Zelda OoT and MM + Banjo Kazooie would be a good use of my free time 🙂.

I got the SNES online basically for Zelda Alttp (my first ever zelda game) and super metroid. Donkey Kong's great fun too

The one good thing you get is the extra tracks on mario kart with the n64 online (if you play it)

The games are good but there are so many games we wont see because of licensing issues.

The next two on the n64 online are kirby and pokemon snap. So not really exciting.

Ive completed mario 64, yoshis story so far. Gonna re do banjo once i finish GTA3.

My only advice mate is try get a n64 controller if you can as makes the experience so much better.

Literally just grabbed a switch lite off facebook marketplace due to a crazy low price. Already have the regular switch, but never found it comfortable to play as a handheld, so it's perma-docked. The lite is a lot more comfortable (just had a quick Mario Kart blast to "test it" while I should really be working)

17 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Literally just grabbed a switch lite off facebook marketplace due to a crazy low price. Already have the regular switch, but never found it comfortable to play as a handheld, so it's perma-docked. The lite is a lot more comfortable (just had a quick Mario Kart blast to "test it" while I should really be working)

Im the opposite, when i played the lite i thought it was more like a toy.

I'm really interested to try the Switch OLED now. I recently got my hands on a Vita with the OLED screen and the screen is downright jaw-dropping. I imagine 10 years later the OLED tech has improved quite a bit so I can only imagine what the new Switch looks like.

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im the opposite, when i played the lite i thought it was more like a toy.

I thought that's how it'd feel for me, because I have ginormous inhuman shovel hands, but I tried the wife's when she got it and found it a pleasant fit. For $140 with a case it was definitely worth it (they retail for $260+tax here). I can see how you might not like it though

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I'm really interested to try the Switch OLED now. I recently got my hands on a Vita with the OLED screen and the screen is downright jaw-dropping. I imagine 10 years later the OLED tech has improved quite a bit so I can only imagine what the new Switch looks like.

What?? Since when did the vita have a oled screen?!

As for the switch oled i was tempted but at around £300 just for a improved screen seemed excessive. If they did a trade in for a discount i would have done that

24 minutes ago, og1874 said:

I thought that's how it'd feel for me, because I have ginormous inhuman shovel hands, but I tried the wife's when she got it and found it a pleasant fit. For $140 with a case it was definitely worth it (they retail for $260+tax here). I can see how you might not like it though

Mate if you got big hands get one of these they are bloody fantastic and what i use

https://nyxigaming.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What?? Since when did the vita have a oled screen?

The original model did, released 2012, with the following version, being non-OLED, following a couple of years after. Good bit of kit. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As for the switch oled i was tempted but at around £300 just for a improved screen seemed excessive. If they did a trade in for a discount i would have done that

The launch model and first revision (1000 series). The later 2000 series dropped the OLED screen in favour of a slimmer body I think. 

I was seriously shocked when I loaded up Odin's Sphere on it. The colours were ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, hogso said:

The original model did, released 2012, with the following version, being non-OLED, following a couple of years after. Good bit of kit. 

Still got an original launch Vita knocking about. Keep meaning to mod it for old roms

I can't log in to Nintendo online for some reason now. It's asking me to use Google Authenticator as a 2 stage log in, but I've never set that up as I don't have it. I did have an e-mail last night about a password reset and to click the link to set a new password, I ignored and deleted it as I hadn't requested a new password.

Going back and forth with Nintendo Support now and trying to remember all my details (e-mail log in, user name, transactions, serial numbers etc..) is not working. I haven't got half the stuff they're asking for. Thing is my sons child account is linked to mine so if I can't access mine I can't access his either.

Long winded back and forth but finally got 2 step removed so I can log in and change password. Looking at the recent log ins there's nothing obscure, so it looks like the 2 step authentication for some reason just got activated on the account. Weird.

On 08/04/2022 at 19:44, Demitri_C said:

Mk1 Vita’s had an OLED screen. The later version switched to LCD.

If you have a launch Switch you can get decent money as they have the firmware exploit. Sold mine and the OLED only cost me £50.

Finished Skyward Sword.

I'm glad to have played it finally. It's quite good. It could have been one of the best in the series, but it's hampered in fundamental ways. 

On the plus side, it has fantastic dungeons and brilliant puzzles, led by some really good unique items. Genuinely best in series contenders. Truly great. And it looks really good. It has some good unique bosses for the series (and a **** appalling one). And it has some nice touches at depth with very minor upgrade mechanics and hints at the BotW gameplay mechanics.

On the negative side though... It's defined by the controls. Everything is a motion control puzzle and while the controller based scheme works, it's still a never ending run of dexterity and reverse Simon says puzzles, which you never feel completely at one with, always held at arms length from it. And it only has 3 dungeons, really. They evolve and grow over the game, but fundamentally it's 3 dungeons that you revisit over and over. Which is then made worse by the fact the flying back and forth is completely pointless, and with no true hub/overworld makes the thing feel incohesive. And that boss, THAT boss. Whoever came up with that needs prison time.

But I really enjoyed it. I wanted to play it, because it's a mainline Zelda game, but when it came out, when I was working in Gamestation, I had moved on from the Wii and the bad word of mouth meant I never went back to it. The remaster though, reveals it's a pretty good game, that could have been brilliant.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2022 at 18:38, Keyblade said:

The OLED screen is beautiful. I’m glad I got one. Only issue I have with it is that it sometimes doesn’t dock properly - I have to control it into the dock, whereas my old Switch would slip in easily. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

The OLED screen is beautiful. I’m glad I got one. Only issue I have with it is that it sometimes doesn’t dock properly - I have to control it into the dock, whereas my old Switch would slip in easily. 

Yea someone i know told me of this same issue. Abit annoying

Can confirm the OLED screen is a huge improvement. My step lad has one, the screen is simply beautiful and a huge step up from the base Switch, pretty much every game looks glorious on it. I don’t need to upgrade personally as I only play docked but if I was mainly playing handheld or new to Switch then I wouldn’t think twice.

Also, it may just be because it’s new but if feels a hell of a lot more premium in its design and build as well. Just more solid than the previous model. Plus you get the sexy white joy cons and dock 😍

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Can confirm the OLED screen is a huge improvement. My step lad has one, the screen is simply beautiful and a huge step up from the base Switch, pretty much every game looks glorious on it. I don’t need to upgrade personally as I only play docked but if I was mainly playing handheld or new to Switch then I wouldn’t think twice.

Also, it may just be because it’s new but if feels a hell of a lot more premium in its design and build as well. Just more solid than the previous model. Plus you get the sexy white joy cons and dock 😍

Yeah I agree with this. Games look so good on it. 

Â