Nintendo Switch

Chindie

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I actually didn't like the music at all to be honest, including how the music was played. Found that part quite dull.

I also really didn't like the woman thing that lives in your sword. All the pretend analysis stuff was a bit weird.

Agree the dungeons are excellent. The final ones is amazing

I know Fi is a divisive character (people hated her in the Wii era because she would constantly chime up when your Wiimote battery was low 😂 ), but I honestly love her. She's second to Midna as my favourite companion. Also love the plot twist regarding her near the end of the game.

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Interesting. Haven't seen her yet, though I haven't faced Ganon yet. Also:

Apologies if that was a spoiler. It’s pretty subtle. More of an Easter egg, I guess. It was only after I played Skyward Sword again that I realised. Have you found the final memory?

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Also:

Hide contents

She's technically in every Zelda game ;) 

Very true!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I know Fi is a divisive character (people hated her in the Wii era because she would constantly chime up when your Wiimote battery was low 😂 ), but I honestly love her. She's second to Midna as my favourite companion. Also love the plot twist regarding her near the end of the game.

It wasn’t so much her character I didn’t like, it was all the fake statistics. So pointless. And they were usually incredibly obvious. 

Like in the last dungeon, your map shows you where the pieces are you need to collect. But she’d pop up and say “I feel a great power in this room. There’s an 87% chance the piece you’re looking for is here”

No shit dickhead. It’s on the map!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn’t so much her character I didn’t like, it was all the fake statistics. So pointless. And they were usually incredibly obvious. 

Like in the last dungeon, your map shows you where the pieces are you need to collect. But she’d pop up and say “I feel a great power in this room. There’s an 87% chance the piece you’re looking for is here”

No shit dickhead. It’s on the map!

Yeah that's a problem people have with Skyward Sword in general, the linearity/hand holding. I personally didn't mind it, probably because I found her voice and her little pop up dialogue so soothing lol.

One thing I think the game could definitely do without is the Dousing. I don't know if they kept that in the Switch version but that was a bit of a drag.

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah that's a problem people have with Skyward Sword in general, the linearity/hand holding. I personally didn't mind it, probably because I found her voice and her little pop up dialogue so soothing lol.

One thing I think the game could definitely do without is the Dousing. I don't know if they kept that in the Switch version but that was a bit of a drag.

Yeah they kept that in. It's kind of necessary when you're trying to get all of the goddess cubes and gratitude crystals though (I didn't bother collecting all the crystals in the end but anyway)

And yeah the game is VERY linear for a Zelda game. I was never ever stuck, it was always very obvious what I had to do next, which is unusual for a Zelda game. But I think that was an issue the series had had for a while. Each game seemed to get easier and easier in that regard. Obviously that stopped with BotW

21 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Best to go in as blind as possible with your first playthrough, but let me know if you need any tips.

What fresh hell is this?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure how fun a game this hard can be to be honest

My love of the Souls games is very well documented on here so I won't go over it again.

All I'll say is that if a very average gamer like me can not only finish them multiple times, but do a No Death playthrough on DS1 then that shows the difficulty can be overcome.

I also know they aren't for everyone.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure how fun a game this hard can be to be honest

I agree with this. I played it and its ridiculously hard. One of my mates loves it but i just don't see the enjoyment factor

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

My love of the Souls games is very well documented on here so I won't go over it again.

All I'll say is that if a very average gamer like me can not only finish them multiple times, but do a No Death playthrough on DS1 then that shows the difficulty can be overcome.

I also know they aren't for everyone.

No deaths?! **** me

I've died about a thousand times already and I'm only just out of the asylum

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, the Mario franchise is at its best when it’s not a traditional Mario game. Paper Mario: The Origami King is a fantastic game. The dialogue is genuinely funny as well. For me, anyway, the seven year old doesn’t get all the references 😅

On 11/07/2022 at 21:44, El Zen said:

Once again, the Mario franchise is at its best when it’s not a traditional Mario game. Paper Mario: The Origami King is a fantastic game. The dialogue is genuinely funny as well. For me, anyway, the seven year old doesn’t get all the references 😅

I played this for 10 minutes and i have to say i got fed up of it it was just way too much talking and not enough game play

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I played this for 10 minutes and i have to say i got fed up of it it was just way too much talking and not enough game play

Yeah, 10 minutes obviously isn’t anywhere near enough to give you a fair idea of how good this game is. I can see how some people might find the dialogue a bit too, elaborate, but there’s plenty of fun gameplay and clever puzzles I can tell you. 

7 hours ago, El Zen said:

Yeah, 10 minutes obviously isn’t anywhere near enough to give you a fair idea of how good this game is. I can see how some people might find the dialogue a bit too, elaborate, but there’s plenty of fun gameplay and clever puzzles I can tell you. 

Yeah it isnt enough i agree but the constant talking was annoying. It just seemed more of a story than a game. If you can vounch for it that it has more game play later then i might give it another go

I know it's technically a Wii U game but I started another Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze playthrough and man it's so good. Hard to choose between this and DKC2. It's between it, Rayman Origins and New Super Mario Bros. Wii for my favourite modern 2D platformers.

41 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I know it's technically a Wii U game but I started another Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze playthrough and man it's so good. Hard to choose between this and DKC2. It's between it, Rayman Origins and New Super Mario Bros. Wii for my favourite modern 2D platformers.

I might need to get DK breeze as ive heard its really good but never played it

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I might need to get DK breeze as ive heard its really good but never played it

It's extremely good. If you've played the original DK Returns on Wii, it's like that but just way better (and harder!), and that game was already great.

Â