Nintendo Switch

Chindie

On 18/05/2022 at 15:13, Rolta said:

I did! Horace was so good. I loved it. It was such a good experience and constantly heartwarming/fun/surprising.

It's brilliant isn't it, shame it doesn't get more attention. The difficulty keeps making me give up but I want to see the end

On 18/05/2022 at 16:03, AXD said:

TBH, I did go and check online sometimes to find out what I had to do or where to go.

On the other hand, there is in evey village a guy where you can buy a hint, but especially early on I didn't have too much cash so I started to look on line and that became a habit.

I had to do that too

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought id do the megadrive classic and actually try complete sonic 2 which i never did. Found it easier with the pro controller but clocked  it.

I might try this earthbound.  Ive never played it before

Would love to know what you think of it if you do play it

2 hours ago, Justin said:

It's brilliant isn't it, shame it doesn't get more attention. The difficulty keeps making me give up but I want to see the end

I had to do that too

Yeah it's one of my favourite Switch experiences. Probably in the too three with BOTW and Hollow Knight. I actually 100% it...I got all million junk and everything. I think it's worth it!

Edited by Rolta

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/04/2022 at 14:29, Stevo985 said:

Fully back into it now and loving it.

It's not perfect, controls are still weird but get a lot better once you're used to them. And the game feels very linear for a Zelda game at the stage I'm at, maybe that will change later on.

But it's still Zelda, and it's **** great

Still going. It gets better and better. Really anjoying it now. I've put 28 hours in and don't seem that close to finishing. Which is funny because at one point I thought it felt like it was going to be a really short Zelda game.

Fully used to the controls now as well. They're still a bit fiddly in places but most of it is seamless for me now.

It's not up there with the best Zelda games ever but it's a very very good game

• Like 1

On 17/04/2022 at 22:04, Chindie said:

Finished Skyward Sword.

I'm glad to have played it finally. It's quite good. It could have been one of the best in the series, but it's hampered in fundamental ways. 

On the plus side, it has fantastic dungeons and brilliant puzzles, led by some really good unique items. Genuinely best in series contenders. Truly great. And it looks really good. It has some good unique bosses for the series (and a **** appalling one). And it has some nice touches at depth with very minor upgrade mechanics and hints at the BotW gameplay mechanics.

On the negative side though... It's defined by the controls. Everything is a motion control puzzle and while the controller based scheme works, it's still a never ending run of dexterity and reverse Simon says puzzles, which you never feel completely at one with, always held at arms length from it. And it only has 3 dungeons, really. They evolve and grow over the game, but fundamentally it's 3 dungeons that you revisit over and over. Which is then made worse by the fact the flying back and forth is completely pointless, and with no true hub/overworld makes the thing feel incohesive. And that boss, THAT boss. Whoever came up with that needs prison time.

But I really enjoyed it. I wanted to play it, because it's a mainline Zelda game, but when it came out, when I was working in Gamestation, I had moved on from the Wii and the bad word of mouth meant I never went back to it. The remaster though, reveals it's a pretty good game, that could have been brilliant.

Interested to know which boss you're referring to. I may not have encountered it yet :D 

Most recent game played with my son: Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker. Good, fun little puzzles.

I tend to enjoy the Mario spin offs more than the actual Mario games. 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2022 at 13:11, Stevo985 said:

The sword controls are my big issue with that game. I wish it was just one button to use your sword, but obviously coming from motion controls I guess that wasn't possible

Having got used to the controls, I've grown to quite like this.

It's a bit gimmicky at times, and I'm still not sure the right stick is the best way of controlling the sword... But the added detail of having to choose the right sword strokes in fights becomes really enjoyable and can make a very bland monster fight quite tricky

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

Most recent game played with my son: Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker. Good, fun little puzzles.

I tend to enjoy the Mario spin offs more than the actual Mario games. 

Captain toad is a awesome game. At first i thought what the hell is this. But afterwards wow really enjoyed it and was hooked! Need to get the other books

On 07/06/2022 at 18:36, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone try out the free mario football trial on the weekend? If so what did you think.?

Nope but I think I’ll just stick with my GameCube copy of the first one. At the moment this has such little content, maybe in a year or so far now it’s got more characters/stadiums/modes etc…. It has potential but not worth full price at the minute (all my opinion of course).

34 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Nope but I think I’ll just stick with my GameCube copy of the first one. At the moment this has such little content, maybe in a year or so far now it’s got more characters/stadiums/modes etc…. It has potential but not worth full price at the minute (all my opinion of course).

The Wii one is still King for now. They'd do well to top the online experience of it too. By all accounts the first time was very laggy.

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

This generation of Mario sports games has been really disappointing. They’ve made the games too focused on the specials. I don’t want to see all of these stupid animations. I thought the n64 version of golf and tennis was better

This was the problem with the football they have focused again on the specials and it ruins the game play for me

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This generation of Mario sports games has been really disappointing. They’ve made the games too focused on the specials. I don’t want to see all of these stupid animations. I thought the n64 version of golf and tennis was better

This was the problem with the football they have focused again on the specials and it ruins the game play for me

For me the Mario sports stuff from Wii u to now have all been too slick, stripped back and soulless. The worst offender for this was the golf game on switch. It’s way too clinical and clean. There’s zero charm or character. Which in a Mario game is unforgivable.

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

For me the Mario sports stuff from Wii u to now have all been too slick, stripped back and soulless. The worst offender for this was the golf game on switch. It’s way too clinical and clean. There’s zero charm or character. Which in a Mario game is unforgivable.

The mario golf game was average at best. That running mode was the absolute worst. That tennis etc all been crap. The football has potential if they stop with these wacky power ups and annoying split screen whwn you do a special.

Anyone else abit de flated with nintendo or just me? So far i would say its been a pretty poor year for them in terms of big game releases.

Furthermore there isnt many games that i think year i cant wait for that to come out.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone else abit de flated with nintendo or just me? So far i would say its been a pretty poor year for them in terms of big game releases.

Furthermore there isnt many games that i think year i cant wait for that to come out.

Not sure if Metroid Dread came out this year or last but that was huge. The new Kirby game and upcoming Xenoblade 3 are more heavy hitters. Not to mention the Mario Kart DLC was a big deal imo. I think it's been better than last year.

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Not sure if Metroid Dread came out this year or last but that was huge. The new Kirby game and upcoming Xenoblade 3 are more heavy hitters. Not to mention the Mario Kart DLC was a big deal imo. I think it's been better than last year.

The mario kart DLC is just as an add on for the switch online or you have to pay extra for it! Not to mention they haven't released all the cups yet. I think only two have come out. 

I think its been poor when you look at what xbox and ps libraries.  No disrespect to you as its not having a go, but three games a year isnt good enough in my opinion

Whats happened to BOTW 2 and bayonetta 3? Or metroid 4? 

Â