Massimo Battara

mwj

Him being highly rated might be key in us being able to get a new quality keeper in.

If he has a good reputation (as it seems he has) more keepers will see us as a potential destination.

Edit: No I don't see Guzan remaining here as a good option. Very much has to go in the summer.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Bentley may very well be our goalkeeper next season

Isn't he on his way to Everton as part of their £600m squad revamp ? presumably he's happy to play second fiddle to Joe Hart  :crylaugh:

• Like 2

With him in charge, we need a young goalkeeper who already has Championship level quality and easily has Premier League potential.

Boy, he'll attract some good goalkeepers. :) 

Why if he is so good, did he stump for ourselves? I don't ask that in too self deprecating a manner. Leaving wages aside, is it solely the allure of B6 with RDM? The man seems over qualified for PL let alone the Championship.

No complaints here though, I've even learned more about goalkeeping in that article alone than in my previous 31 years of life!

2 hours ago, ccfcman said:

Why if he is so good, did he stump for ourselves? I don't ask that in too self deprecating a manner. Leaving wages aside, is it solely the allure of B6 with RDM? The man seems over qualified for PL let alone the Championship.

No complaints here though, I've even learned more about goalkeeping in that article alone than in my previous 31 years of life!

To be fair to RDM I'm impressed by all of his backroom staff!! Clarke a top no2 to Marchesi who seems to be a pioneer in fitness to this bloke. You never normally hear of goalkeeping coaches but that article is quite eye opening. I think Guzan is knackered as he wants the keeper to always attack the ball when all he does is flap at it. I've no idea how we've managed to get him but we may get a number 1 who can become an icon like Rimmer and Spink. 

• Like 1

That article was a fantastic read. I wasn't hugely fussed about Massimo until now!

It's so refreshing to know that we've got such sound knowledge behind the scenes on a coaching level - it's importance could not possibly be overlooked, this season especially.

4 hours ago, ccfcman said:

Money. While Di Matteo may not be on world elite levels of money based on some news headlines a week or so back, we are likely paying the going rate for coaches of this quality. Battara and Marchesi won't have come cheap, but they will be worth it if in their short pre-season can turn players into a well trained unit. Discipline at the back and fitness were our core issues so RDM has brought in two of the worlds finest coaches to tackle both, it's almost as if RDM knows what he's doing.  

• Like 1

On 6/9/2016 at 16:08, briny_ear said:

Wonder what he will make of Guzan, Bunn and Steer?

What model of car will he compare them with? (Are they Fiat  500 level?)

I thought that was the question being answered above by the poster who mentioned a Bentley.  I wondered why he didn't go for Edsell?  Did ya'll ever experience the joy of the AMC Pacer?

• Like 1

Guzan is like a boy racers car, a Citroën Saxo that was taken the the local garage to have a super charger fitted. It worked for 12 months and increased the BHP significantly, predictably though, the super charger blew up, knackered the engine, and now the poor little Saxo is scrap. 

Really encouraging stuff, which is very refreshing.

I wonder what he'll make of that young Goalkeeper we signed last summer, he was about 16 or something, I can't remember his name? If he can shape Joe Hart in to being quality, then perhaps he can do the same to our youngster.

Â