Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's an absolute arsehole. He's not doing his job. He's clearly not doing his best for the football club. It's been 11 games and he's given up. He's not a nice bloke as far as I'm concerned.

Cya Roberto, worst manager in our history.

That's some statement to make given our track record with managers recently. One I definitely wouldn't disagree with. 

Normally I'm not one to call for such early sackings but we are in a different position this year, we should be expecting not to struggle at the very least.

If the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc went 11 games in to the season (12 inc cup) and only had one win then the manager would get the sack.

It's unacceptable. I'd be more patient if it was a case of not meeting perhaps unrealistic hopes of automatic promotion but we are struggling against every team after huge investment. 

Needs to go.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Honestly, normally I'd agree with you but he's clearly the main problem here. He has no ideas, no idea how to set us up, no motivation.

Looks beaten already.

I'm not even saying he's not one of the main problems because he is, just that there are other deep issues as well.

Edited by Mantis

It's clear that at the start of the season we had a plan to overwhelm teams with our attacking options and you could argue that we were a little unlucky at times due to individual errors and poor finishing but it didn't take teams very long to work out that we have absolutely no other game plan and it's now incredibly easy for teams to counter us as. All the opposition needs to do is put more men in midfield, it's a simple game. There's now no rhythm to our play, no structure, confidence is shattered and defence is always under pressure to make mistakes as there's absolutely no protection. The attacking players are headless chickens and we're relying on random individual pieces of skill to even create a chance.

We have a decent squad for this league but it's is being managed unbelievably badly. I actually can't believe how naive the management is, considering both RDM and Clarke have managed in this league before. But it shouldn't surprise me, we still continue to make the wrong decisions at board level, it's never ending. It won't get better under RDM, he's showing in times of difficulty how lost he is. Has to go, unfortunately.

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

He inherited squads at WBA and Chelsea which he essentially had nothing to add to. Look what's happened here when he's being left to his own devices to sign players. I remember on this pages when Lambert was rumoured to going to be sacked, many on here turned there noses up at Pulis. I'd have him in a heartbeat. Absolutely.

After everything we've witnessed this season, how in the hell does he think it's OK to start a game with a midfield two of Westwood and Jedinak? Not just him, where are his assistants? Where's the tea lady? Somebody surely must see it's never going to work in any level of professional football to start two immobile deep sitting midfielders. 

He doesn't have a clue. I don't think managers should be sacked after only 10-15 games, but he's getting worse. 

• Like 2

Haven't seen today's first half but the stats and score show it all..I saw that starting line up and knew we'd lose.

Wasn't my choice in the summer, but thought with a good assistant in Clarke he would do ok. Despite not winning, performances up to the forest game were pretty good and I expected us to push on from there. However, since then we appear to be getting worse and worse, with no clue how to play. Has to go now!

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I've been through this already. There's a culture of defeat and weakness at the club. It's been there for years. The very fact that we've changed so much and yet we're still so awful only strengthens my point.

RDM is of course part of the problem. He's clearly not up to the job but he's not the whole problem. As usual with VT though it seems there is little middle ground with many.

I don't believe that  I feel that's a excuse. New manager, new players new owner

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't believe that  I feel that's a excuse. New manager, new players new owner

How the hell can it be an "excuse" when I've just said that RDM has no excuse and he should go?

Just now, Mantis said:

How the hell can it be an "excuse" when I've just said that RDM has no excuse and he should go?

I'm referring to your opening paragraph which with respect feel is a bollocks excuse. The problem is the manager look at his current tactics for second half? Has no idea

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm referring to your opening paragraph which with respect feel is a bollocks excuse. The problem is the manager look at his current tactics for second half? Has no idea

See this is what I mean. There is no middle ground with some people. Read what I've said.

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I've been through this already. There's a culture of defeat and weakness at the club. It's been there for years. The very fact that we've changed so much and yet we're still so awful only strengthens my point.

RDM is of course part of the problem. He's clearly not up to the job but he's not the whole problem. As usual with VT though it seems there is little middle ground with many.

Nonsense. Team's get relegated. Change of personnel, things improve. RDM is the problem. This toxic atmosphere people refer to at Villa is down to one thing. Results. Its always about results. People saying the atmosphere in the canteen at training etc for the last few years is bad, well course it is. We're losing. This manager hasn't changed that, thus he is responsible. Simple.

Â