Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

15 minutes ago, gharperr said:

so simplistic....

O.k I accept it was a circus there last season and many players couldn't play to their best.

I think the big thing at Arsenal is they need a defender in the Mertasacker mould but who's a bit better than him. I say that as Koscienly is a number two centre half.

I'll explain a little bit....number one centre half = leader, talker, usually captain, heads it, kicks it (ball and sometimes striker), orgainser. Number two centre half = better passer, more pace, can read game a bit better so will snuff out attacks.

Think of the best partnerships for clubs and you get the picture....Vidic/Rio.....Terry/Carvalho.....Campbell/Toure.....Carragher/Hyypia etc.

When Gabriel plays for Arsenal Koscienly has to do all the number one stuff....and that's just not his game. He's not vocal for a start but has to organise as Gabriel speaks next to no English.

Arsenal need to replace both anyway as Koscienly is 31 in few months and seems to have achilles problems...now get in Koulibaly aswell and that will say to me Wenger is serious about winning stuff again.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Arsenal need to replace both anyway as Koscienly is 31 in few months and seems to have achilles problems...now get in Koulibaly aswell and that will say to me Wenger is serious about winning stuff again.

https://www.css-investments.com/stock-analysis/arsenal-report/

= Cash availability for players                          £54.1m

Working capital levels suggest £54m is available for player investment, possibly spread over two years.

B)“Player churn” i.e., sale & purchase activities was a massive cash drain on Arsenal during H1.

Gross cash flows – player registrations (Source: Arsenal Interims 2016)

Net proceeds from sales; £7.8m

Net payments for purchases: £47.2m

Hence Net cash outflow: £39.4m

Since the interims, the club has signed Mohd Elneny (c £5m) and before 31 May 2016, we expect three player contracts (3x £80k per week) to roll off contract. This reduces player expenses but does not increase player proceeds. Hence, the 2016 year should show a net cash outflow approximating £44.4m.

We note speculation of further short-term large ticket player purchases (Granit Xhaka – £35m). However, the transfer window will open on 1st July i.e., post-Arsenal’s FY2016 year end.

kind of makes sense why mustafi and perez deal done / fees agreed exactly the same time. Maybe not as much money in background to spend as people make out...And its not really about "wenger serious about winning stuff"

replacing koscielny with koulibaly now seems kind of pointless. just wait until his pace actually declines until you do that. youre not going to upgrade on him so youre just signing someone for bench

Edited by gharperr

on topic of people saying money is at arsenal but theyre just not willing to spend it...hows everton done this summer? Just gana? remember talk of being 100+ millions to spend on players but havent really heard much? And they got stones money

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

the man who released Mustafi :P

mustafi-everton-moyes_1.jpg?itok=PKDJec6

Happens a lot in Football. Sometimes a change in scenery or club will motivate a player to do better, or suit them better. That are loads of players that didn't cut it at one club then went on to do well. 

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

on topic of people saying money is at arsenal but theyre just not willing to spend it...hows everton done this summer? Just gana? remember talk of being 100+ millions to spend on players but havent really heard much? And they got stones money

Bolasie too but your point is right he hasn't dipped his hand in his pocket yet just spent the stones money

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gharperr said:

Just Gana, Bolasie, Stekelenberg and Ashley Williams.

So four players immediately good enough to go straight into their first eleven. 

The parallels with Arsenal are uncanny.

I think gharperr was expecting them to sign people like Mata and Joe Hart for big money to give them a higher status...

Everton have gone down our MON route of signing experienced premier league players for big money. Fine now but if they don't get top 4 in next few years eventually they'll have to slow down. Depends on the owner of course.

TBH I think Mustafi is overhyped. He's always played with players who are world class and hence had very few blunders that they couldn't correct. He got exposed quite a few times in the Euros and so I think he'll probably find pacey English football much tougher than Spain where there's probably 5 teams that will cause you trouble.

• Like 1

Derby signing Vydra for 8m.....

He last did anything 3 years ago.

Not as if Derby are short of a forward either....he joins Chris Martin, Bent, Andi Weimann, Johnny Russell, Camara, James Wilson and Nick Blackman as options for the front three.

thats a good move for him, they have a young enough squad and he will probably get more game time than sitting on a bench at United or Arsenal. Plus he will probably learn more about himself playing in Germany

German fans hate them don't they...they are ultimate franchise club.

I think Burke should've stayed at Forest for the season and then moved next summer.

At least we don't have to face him after the break.

Edit: Only a good move if he plays every week imo...Ryan Gauld moved to Sporting two years ago and hasn't come close to breaking through...not sure how he's doing on his loan.

I do like to see British players move abroad though. Not enough do it and if you're open to learning the language and fitting in it can really improve you.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1