Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Talksport saying palace wouldn't pay full wages and arsenal didn't want to deal with Roma hence Wilshire to Bournemouth  

Why didn't they want to deal with Roma.,..they just sent Shzeney there for another season.

Wilshere should've gone to Roma, Milan or Juve if there is serious interest.

i have 0 idea on roma squad....but probably something along the lines of....

1. more first team appearances at bournemouth
2. better standard of league
3. same physicality league for when he comes back (negligible) 
4. make it harder for rivals (negligible) 

Edited by gharperr

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why didn't they want to deal with Roma.,..they just sent Shzeney there for another season.

Wilshere should've gone to Roma, Milan or Juve if there is serious interest.

Apparently they messed Arsenal around earlier in the summer with the proposed Kostas Manolas signing.

So Arsenal didn't want to deal with them this time.

35 minutes ago, gharperr said:

i have 0 idea on roma squad....but probably something along the lines of....

1. more first team appearances at bournemouth
2. better standard of league
3. same physicality league for when he comes back (negligible) 
4. make it harder for rivals (negligible) 

De Rossi, Vermaelan, Totti, El Shawarry, Edin Dzeko, Rudiger, Florenzi, Naingollan all play for them...sure you've heard of a few of them.

Seria A is nowhere near what it was like in the 90s...but it's still a good league to watch. Actually plenty of exciting games which isn't the perception and Roma will be fighting at the top for a CL place.

You have a great derby v Lazio and excellent matches against Juve, Napoli and the Meelan clubs.

I also think the slower pace of the league would help him a lot.

He goes to Roma and just like at Arsenal he'll be playing in a winning team at the top of the league. ...Bournemouth will be happy to finish 15th again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

£25m for Sissoko off to Spurs. If that happens, that will take the No.1 place on my shittest transfers of all time. Taking Andy Carroll's place.

Just as well your not an Everton fan then :P

£29m for Slimani is crazy money for a 28yo who only has 1 very good season in Portugal to his name. I would have liked Villa to sign him but Kodjia is better value definitely. Musa will be rubbish for them too and there is no way he is his official age. Leicester will still be one of the fittest teams in the league but have had a poor transfer window and will drop back into the pack.