Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

my overiding thinking from the 2 big loan deals is hart went to Torino because no one better wanted him and Wilshere went to Bournemouth because he's a bottler

both horribly overrated bang average English gobshites who think they're better than they are and somehow get the pay packet to justify it

• Like 2

LOL, according to Sky, Everton had everything agreed with the player and Newcastle, even had plane ready to get him, but didn't answer the calls from Everton nor Koeman for couple of hours...then Spurs comes with the offer equaling Everton's and Sissoko informs Everton that he's not signing. Looks like he just used Everton to force Spurs' hand.

Here's the full quote from Skysports:

"Shortly before 7pm Everton thought they'd agreed a fee with Newcastle and terms with the player himself. But I'm hearing they then couldn't get hold of the player for a couple of hours - and that he didn't pick up Ronald Koeman's call. The medical room was set up, the contracts were drawn up. Then, they heard from Sissoko's representatives that he didn't want to join them."

interesting story of the day...(not really)

in italy all the serie A chairman are shacked up in a posh hotel in Milan, if there's a deal to be done they pop their heads in to each other's rooms and sort it there and then, have a meal, no doubt have some vino

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Palace seem to have done some great business. Remy and the beast up front with Townsend added to play down the opposite wing to Zaha. Can see them scoring loads of goals this season. 

When Pardew is disposed of they have the makings of a good team, could do with a lot more quality in defence though still.

38 minutes ago, villakram said:

Sissoko is a brave man pissing in Koeman's face like this... though I suppose Poch does seem like he's got a real mean streak too. Good window for Spurs if they pull it off.

Rediculous price for a player who was crap last season. 

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I don't think they are much better than Kodjia and McCormack though, arguably not better than Okazaki and Ulloa either. Slimani may make me look foolish but Musa looks atrocious, possibly the reason for the signing of Slimani.

Has Musa been poor then. I haven't watched him this season but know what he can do. 

Sissoko...

"Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol…

"The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the French national team and the Euros."

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Has Musa been poor then. I haven't watched him this season but know what he can do. 

I watched the full Hull game and seen bits of him in preseason. Have seen him a couple of times for CSKA in the past but didn't really pay much attention.In the

In the Hull game I noted that he has pace still but takes the wrong options almost every time. A couple of shots from him were pathetically weak too.

I'm not one who believes that all Nigerian players cheat on their ages but he is a suspicious one.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Sissoko...

"Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol…

"The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the French national team and the Euros."

Pochettino's man management skills are highly rated, if he can get him motivated then it won't be a bad bit of business but it is a risky one. Newcastle fans are delighted but he could sicken them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Jack Wilshere going Bournemouth....:blink::lol:

These English boys getting a little reality check....

for me it shows a problem with English footballers, rumoured to go Juventus, Roma, Milan, Benfica and ends up at Bournemouth

for all the criticism at least Joe Hart had the balls to move abroad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarpie said:

Here's the full quote from Skysports:

footballs biggest prick showing his true colours. no surprise

said it during the euros but Sissoko is everything wrong with football

• Like 1

watching the deadline day special for the premier league on nbcsports in a strange way makes me happy. all the pundits are ****. talking about how every new signing is so good. its ridiculous and I'm happy i don't have to hear them every weekend for our games