Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

10 hours ago, cb_82 said:

One thing I will say having been at West Ham yesterday in the home hospitality is that you can see where we miss out on revenue eg 15k less seats and various lounge/hospitality offerings 

One I was in was seat, 1 free drink, lounge use and is 2.5k per season so you can see how that soon adds up

Free brand new stadium helps too...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Absolutely.  Which is why the plans we had for redevelopment made sense and at £100m much better value than £800m on a new build.

In the short term 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m very pleased to say I was there in the Witton Lane with my Dad. He’d bought a ticket outside the ground for face value off a bloke who pointing up at the Holte End said, “the lad won’t see any thing in there today, it’s a madhouse. “ he was probably right and the chap did us a favour. The atmosphere was incredible, as was the result although the neutrals will remember their goal, which to be fair was a great goal by Ted McDougal. How  things have changed since then!! UTV!!!! I remember Ray Graydon giving their fullback a hard time and after winning a free kick he picked the ball up and handed it to him with a smile. It was a great moment that probably summed up the spirit of the team back then under Vic Crowe! Wonderful times!!! With more on the way beyond anything we could ever imagine back then and perhaps a reason why we can afford to dare to dream  now!  UTV !!!!!!!!

I can add that I remember Andy Lockhead saying he believed that the Holte actually sucked the ball into the net for his goal. Remembering matches like that puts me firmly into the never leave Villa Park crew but times change so we can’t dismiss the idea totally. Sentimentally plays a part and we should never forget those times but we shouldn’t miss any chance to build some more memories, for those who haven’t been so lucky as those of us who have been previously!! UTV!!!!!

• Like 1

OK third option: dismantle the Holte End (only stand worth saving) brick by brick and transfer it to a new site and rebuild it along with 3/4 of a brand new bowl stadium. Best of both worlds!

On 20/03/2024 at 18:28, mikeyjavfc said:

OK third option: dismantle the Holte End (only stand worth saving) brick by brick and transfer it to a new site and rebuild it along with 3/4 of a brand new bowl stadium. Best of both worlds!

That would be epic!

Would be like Croke Park with Hill 16.

17 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Could the club be looking at re-developing the Witton Lane Stand before the North Stand?

Theres not much scope for redevelopment of that due to Witton Lane itself.

With the amount of work that's going to be going on around the stadium on the hospitality areas this summer, I can't see us demolishing any stand at Villa Park for some time.

If we do, I guess the next natural time to review that is after the Euros.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

With the amount of work that's going to be going on around the stadium on the hospitality areas this summer, I can't see us demolishing any stand at Villa Park for some time.

If we do, I guess the next natural time to review that is after the Euros.

Do you have any more information about whereabouts in the ground those hospitality areas are likely to be And what the nature of the work taking place will be?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Do you have any more information about whereabouts in the ground those hospitality areas are likely to be And what the nature of the work taking place will be?

Only that it seems there will be a lot of work - if I were guessing, I'd be looking at boxes being removed for lounges and current office space making way for hospitality.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Theres not much scope for redevelopment of that due to Witton Lane itself.

Yes, it will be more difficult. The club will probably need to buy the houses/road behind the stand too. I am just interested to know whether it could be redeveloped without the stand being demolished/lost of capacity.  And with the Trinity Rd hospitality over subcribed - does a side stand make economic sense rather than rebuilding the north? Could Witton fund the north stand rebuild?

Liverpool's new main stand is 21k  - if a new witton lane stand is similar that would put us at 54k.

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Liverpool's new main stand is 21k  - if a new witton lane stand is similar that would put us at 54k.

Thats 8k seats more than the trinity. If we could purchase a few houses on Nelson Street and a small portion of the park longer term we could theoretically expand the trinity by adding another tier similar to the SAF stand at Old Trafford - just without the horrible sloping roof. We can have a 60k plus Villa Park which would be a whole lot cheaper and easier perhaps than relocation. 

• Like 2

I was walking underneath Trinity before the Ajax game and I specifically looked at how it ended above the street.

With my next to no knowledge of construction, the Trinity stand ends pretty much on the far end of the street. 

Would we really have to buy houses behind Witton to expand it? There is a green strip of land behind the street at Witton, it seems there is room to have a similar bridge over the street as we do at Trinity end? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Would we really have to buy houses behind Witton to expand it? There is a green strip of land behind the street at Witton, it seems there is room to have a similar bridge over the street as we do at Trinity end? 

The Doug Ellis stand was initially rejected for planning permission because of light complaints from the houses on the other side of that green strip of land, the compromise the club made at the time resulted in the really cramped conditions in the upper concourses.

I suspect we'd have to buy all the way back to Yew Tree Lane to properly expand - especially since if you wanted to expand the Doug Ellis properly, you'd also move the whole stand back about thirty feet so it wasn't in front of the Holte End.

• Shocked 1

Easier said than done of course, but It would be nice to be able to buy up all that outlined area. Possibly build a new stadium adjacent ala Spuds.

image.jpeg.755201144cc1498ad4d15d90a0ce8407.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blobbyrob said:

Easier said than done of course, but It would be nice to be able to buy up all that outlined area. Possibly build a new stadium adjacent ala Spuds.

image.jpeg.755201144cc1498ad4d15d90a0ce8407.jpeg

I haven’t counted all the houses. Let’s says there’s 400 houses at 200k each. Offer 10% over. That’s £220k per house. That’s 88 million right there. 

Â