Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

21 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I haven’t counted all the houses. Let’s says there’s 400 houses at 200k each. Offer 10% over. That’s £220k per house. That’s 88 million right there. 

All hypothetical, but even that first row of houses next to the gardens would be enough for the club to do a lot. Can’t build a new stadium but opens up expansion for three of the four stands. Expands the North Stand and Holte car park areas as well.

• Like 1

Not sure how comfortable I'd be with destroying an entire community like that. Guess it depends if the residents would be ok with it, but not sure they'd be best pleased!

• Like 2

There are so many obstacles to overcome for VP to become a mega stadium and complex that all of us deserve. I think the best we are going to get in the short term is a small increase to 46k, improved Witton station for euros and refurbed existing facilities.

Edited by Villa_Vids

8 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

There are so many obstacles to overcome for VP to become a mega stadium and complex that all of us deserve. I think the best we are going to get in the short term is a small increase to 46k, improved Witton station for euros and refurbed existing facilities.

What is the business case for a mega stadium?  If we had just over 50k that would be more than enough for the near future.  The North Stand development, which unfortunately been paused would’ve been enough at 52k.  I just don’t believe the 30k waiting list are people that are really going to buy season tickets now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I haven’t counted all the houses. Let’s says there’s 400 houses at 200k each. Offer 10% over. That’s £220k per house. That’s 88 million right there. 

I'd say 100 houses at 140k each, plus 10% = £15.4m. 

Or just that first row which has 22 houses at £120k each, plus 10% = £2.9m  

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

What is the business case for a mega stadium?  If we had just over 50k that would be more than enough for the near future.  The North Stand development, which unfortunately been paused would’ve been enough at 52k.  I just don’t believe the 30k waiting list are people that are really going to buy season tickets now.

I agree to an extent. I am probably jumping the gun, I just believe the club can become global and reach that level of demand based on sporting merit - I don't think VP can hold the owners' ambitions. We will see though.

MOMS pod today is excellent  today on why it is concerning that  we have ditched these plans for Villa Park and the potential long term implications of it. Another consultation just binned off really. Back in the late 00s we as a club knew the North Stand couldn't be fixed and had to go. Yet here we are.

As MOMS state, just because things are great on the pitch,  we should be concerned at the decisions off it.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

The business case is that we have the demand to fill one (the waiting list is a real thing, and that's as it stands now, never mind after years of more relative success), and that all our prospective and intended competitors have one, or one planned.
We have to be able to generate income to match theirs or get as close as possible and this is the only way.

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

MOMS pod today is excellent  today on why it is concerning that  we have ditched these plans for Villa Park and the potential long term implications of it. Another consultation just binned off really. Back in the late 00s we as a club knew the North Stand couldn't be fixed and had to go. Yet here we are.

As MOMS state, just because things are great on the pitch,  we should be concerned at the decisions off it.

I think that is harsh on the owners imo. Saved us from going out of business and restored us back at the top. I think the club is boxing clever, it is adapting to the challenges of the league/europe. We need to get behind them until they give us real reason to question their intentions.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I'd say 100 houses at 140k each, plus 10% = £15.4m. 

Or just that first row which has 22 houses at £120k each, plus 10% = £2.9m  

Couple of fines for Digne should sort that 👍

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I think that is harsh on the owners imo. Saved us from going out of business and restored us back at the top. I think the club is boxing smart, it is adapting to the challenges. We need to get behind them until they give us real reason to question their intentions.

I love NSWE! I love everything about the club since they camebin

But  the redevelopment issue  raises questions given other clubs stated aims. Just look at the new stadium speculation here. The void is being filled with speculation. 

And I will personally praise Heck as beautiful genius if he ends up delivering bigger redevelopment plans and that is what the delay was!

Edited by Captain_Townsend

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

The business case is that we have the demand to fill one (the waiting list is a real thing, and that's as it stands now, never mind after years of more relative success), and that all our prospective and intended competitors have one, or one planned.
We have to be able to generate income to match theirs or get as close as possible and this is the only way.

So many holes in that statement but if there really was a need or the business case stacked up then the club wouldn’t say “we have no plans to move”.  The business case doesn’t stack up imo.

The clubs current business case or focus is on increasing the number of hospitality places and the quality of experience within those, not increasing general admission seating. 

I think our current 'model' to follow is Stamford Bridge.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The clubs current business case or focus is on increasing the number of hospitality places and the quality of experience within those, not increasing general admission seating. 

I think our current 'model' to follow is Stamford Bridge.

But without being in London its going to be hard to shift so many hospitality tickets id assume.

The whole Trinity road bit is empty for any cup games.

Businesses want to take clients to their box in london not brum. Sadly.

6 hours ago, spiezels said:

But without being in London its going to be hard to shift so many hospitality tickets id assume.

The whole Trinity road bit is empty for any cup games.

Businesses want to take clients to their box in london not brum. Sadly.

I'd agree - I'm not sure who they're planning to sell it all, but it is what we're doing.

20 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I agree to an extent. I am probably jumping the gun, I just believe the club can become global and reach that level of demand based on sporting merit - I don't think VP can hold the owners' ambitions. We will see though.

And yet they aren't ambitious enough to build one new stand as they had second thoughts in being able to sell thousands of GA+ plus admission seats.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

And yet they aren't ambitious enough to build one new stand as they had second thoughts in being able to sell thousands of GA+ plus admission seats.

No official confirmation of the North Stand being cancelled. We will get a clearer picture within the next 12-16 months if the North Stand is truly cancelled.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think its any lack of ambition. Quite the opposite. A rethink over the North stand could just be to do with reappraising the project as a whole. I have no doubt at all that they want to improve capacity significantly.

We should be all over this at Villa Park, forget the tunnel club!  
Great views of Witton and beyond….

https://www.standard.co.uk/homesandproperty/luxury/fulham-fc-riverside-stand-sky-deck-swimming-pool-b1147834.html

London is set to get another rooftop swimming pool — courtesy of Fulham Football Club.

The west London football team has unveiled more detailed plans for the New Riverside Stand, a “premium experience that will be unlike anything in football” said Fulham FC chairman Shahid Khan.

Edited by Buffs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I don't think its any lack of ambition. Quite the opposite. A rethink over the North stand could just be to do with reappraising the project as a whole. I have no doubt at all that they want to improve capacity significantly.

NSWE have demonstrated that they have "sensible" ambition. There are a multitude of reasons why the NS is delayed/cancelled (even though that has not been officially confirmed). I think Heck has outlined some reasons but not all the reasons. The club mentioned wanting to deliver some benefits of Villa Live in a quicker fashion when the warehouse was announced. Money/P&S/FFP will be major factors. OBE has already alluded to the club monetizing areas within VP for hospitality. I think in the short term the club are being financially stable/sustainable, and are focused on building the sporting/commercial aspect of the club.

The board would have played a blinder having VP selected for the Euros without the major construction of Villa Live & North Stand which was initially proposed. It isn't that far fetched that a bigger project could arrive which ties Villa Live/V Sports/Villa Park/Atairos (poss other local entities) all together. Wouldn't it be lovely to unveil new re-development plans on the club's 150th year birthday 😃

Edited by Villa_Vids

Â