Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in terms of our immediate future - Villa Park is slightly bigger than Stamford Bridge and generates a helluva lot more income than Villa Park - I suspect we're going to end up doing a lot more of what they do.

Buy overvalued shit players you mean? 😉

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

So... we should get a bigger stand/capacity when we aren't very good? 😕 🫤 

Who/what is the marker on when we aren't playing like we currently are? Emery? NSWE? Heck?

If we get a reality check against Sheffield United on Friday do we think "f**k it, do it" ?

Something not quite right here (more something we arent going to be told as opposed to something nefarious)

It simply sounds better than 'we aren't prepared to spend this amount of money on something we won't immediately benefit from in turns of revenue and will actually be harmed by in the immediate term while the work is done'.

That's all he's thinking. Everything else is bollocks to make you feel better about a bad short term decision.

Has Heck been looking at this seasons attendances at The Sty by mistake? Of course the demand is there you twonk! Just give us the real reason rather than this transparent bull####.

Edited by dubbs

Not been in North Stand for few years so no idea what facilities are like. Trinity where I spend most of the time now is ok, as long as you arrive early and beat the rush... Upper Doug was awful v Arsenal, was like being on the tube at rush-hour. Upper Holte wasn't great either, very cramped and not the cleanest..

I think upgrade/fix the current facilities so most fans get a pleasant experience then do the North Stand... either way revenue will decrease while a whole stand is out of commission so its unavoidable 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Not been in North Stand for few years so no idea what facilities are like. Trinity where I spend most of the time now is ok, as long as you arrive early and beat the rush... Upper Doug was awful v Arsenal, was like being on the tube at rush-hour. Upper Holte wasn't great either, very cramped and not the cleanest..

I think upgrade/fix the current facilities so most fans get a pleasant experience then do the North Stand... either way revenue will decrease while a whole stand is out of commission so its unavoidable 

I think that's the logical way out from a purely business perspective.

• Make UCL, raise ST
  • Upgrade/fix current facilities
  • Big push in social media/digital marketing especially outside of the country
  • Even more GA+ offerings
  • Cheap Warehouse and store expansion reno (even more GA+ for pre-game and post-game)
  • Make UCL again for the 2024-2025 season
  • 2025 - begin North Stand reno

You're getting brand players now (Emi, Watkins, McGinn) - imagine the lift off if we get anywhere deep in the UCL.

2 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I have not managed to watch the interview yet.  Does this feel like cancelled or postponed?

Well i didn't hear any rumours beforehand so when I watched the interview at lunchtime I was shocked, probably just postponed but who knows.

Reductions to the original plans have been drip fed for a while now, so maybe this is where it was heading

Edited by Talldarkandransome

I sometimes watch opposing teams supporters fan channels, particularly when they are playing us.

One thing that is often said is how much they like Villa Park, that they see it as a proper stadium. There’s always a tinge of envy in their voices.

We’d likely lose that.

Relocation to Lichfield, indeed. Blimey.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I sometimes watch opposing teams supporters fan channels, particularly when they are playing us.

One thing that is often said is how much they like Villa Park, that they see it as a proper stadium. There’s always a tinge of envy in their voices.

We’d likely lose that.

Relocation to Lichfield, indeed. Blimey.

All the non Villa fans I know like Villa Park, because its not an all in one bowl

Edited by Talldarkandransome

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It feels cancelled to me.

It's 100% cancelled. I think it has to be because if we went ahead we wouldn't get to host games at Euro 28 because of lack of improvements to transport links. 

Still, we'll be in 2030s with essentially the same Villa Park. Which is shit 

• Like 1

Â