Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

35 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

JV I understand the frustration and annoyance in the decision but let’s have a look at the grand plan in a few months then let’s pass judgment. With all due respect he’s actually made some great sponsorship agreements, new kit deal, sleeve sponsorship etc and it might just end with us building a brand new stadium opposed to upgrading VP. 
that I’m turn will no doubt cause friction amongst the ranks too lol

Can’t please everyone and there’s always a minority that will oppose or voice concern no matter what he does and no matter the positives that it brings. Just food for thought.

The Beer From Up Here 

I assume you're relatively new on VT mate. Welcome!

Otherwise you'd know that was me being satirical in expectations/inevitability of a few of our posters repeating this 😂.

Hence the quotation marks. 

I agree with you.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I assume you're relatively new on VT mate. Welcome!

That was me being satirical in expectations/inevitability of a few of our posters repeating this 😂.

Hence the quotation marks. 

I agree with you.

Yes I am lol and Thankyou.  Wasn’t  passing judgment mind you. I’m glad we agree though. 

The Beer From Up Here. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Newcastles stadium location means they don't have the same transport issues we currently face being so central. Toon fans also are diehard and I didn’t see them having to close a tier off when they hit relegated like we did. 

We will get there with a new north stand just not in the anticipated timescale of some. Once we've increase the spend per seat, get the upgraded infrastructure in place in terms of fan transportation and  open the warehouse and Holte Hotel as fan zones then I’ve no doubt they’ll look at expansion again. I hope they revisit and adapt the design but larger and redesign the exterior to be less bland. 

Tbf, as I recall the club decided to close a tier without even seeing if attendance fell. I think this was a mistake but we had poor management at the time. Newcastle are a fantastically well supported club but so are we.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah I think the new north stand will happen, but not in the next 5 years or so.

As for any further development, I can't see us ever having an above 50k stadium at any point in the near future, which I think is fine as 50k would be enough. 

Newcastle are a one club city and dont have the problem of many residents within the vacinity of the ground (and across the city) either not being into football or supporting Man United/Liverpool.

Sorry, I cant agree with this. Villa could easily fill a stadium well in excess of 50k. Especially currently. The problem is logistics and room, not demand. 50k isn't nearly enough and we should be planning for 60k at least.
That said, 52k as a first phase is sensible.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Sorry, I cant agree with this. Villa could easily fill a stadium well in excess of 50k. Especially currently. The problem is logistics and room, not demand. 50k isn't nearly enough and we should be planning for 60k at least.

At the moment there is a huge feelgood factor and that boosts demand. After several years of top 6 finishes and the CL not being as exciting to the fanbase, attendances will plateau. 

I think we could currently sell 50k but 60k? No. Not for me.

Maybe for the games against the sky6 with all the day trippers but we wouldn't sell out a 60k stadium for a regular PL game. 

I think 50k is sufficient. Especially given the potential cost of going any higher than that.

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

At the moment there is a huge feelgood factor and that boosts demand. After several years of top 6 finishes and the CL not being as exciting to the fanbase, attendances will plateau. 

I think we could currently sell 50k but 60k? No. Not for me.

Maybe for the games against the sky6 with all the day trippers but we wouldn't sell out a 60k stadium for a regular PL game. 

I think 50k is sufficient. Especially given the potential cost of going any higher than that.

I think you're underestimating demand to be honest but you're entitled to your opinion. Even if there were a few games with a few thousand empty seats (not saying there would be) its better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.
Having a 60k capacity stadium isn't just for Villa though. There's also major events and international sports. Its all revenue we could use.

At the start of this season the waiting list for season tickets was 33,000, and we've had a better season. Imagine if we get Champions League and / or win the Conference?

Edited by Mazrim

60k is what we need long term, just to keep the prices down for the regular fans. If we stay at 42 or even 50 the prices Will rise and keep rising. If we get champions league then the rise in our profile will bring in more tourist type fans, once the HS2 is built the journey from London will be under an hour. Our potential is huge. 

• Like 1

The area behind the North Stand is ripe for development.  Just take a look at what Spurs are planning in a predominantly suburban area. 

IMG_9904.jpeg

IMG_9903.webp

I’ve been in the relocation is necessary  camp previously but Spurs have proven with their stadium which is in a deprived area location doesn’t matter with foresight. 

Edited by thabucks

I wish they'd hurry up and tell us one way or another what's going on with the stadium. Unless adding 3000 extra seats is the only plan they have and they've already told us... 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The area behind the North Stand is ripe for development.  Just take a look at what Spurs are planning in a predominantly suburban area. 

IMG_9904.jpeg

IMG_9903.webp

I’ve been in the relocation is necessary  camp previously but Spurs have proven with their stadium which is in a deprived area location doesn’t matter with foresight. 

I agree with what your saying but what Spurs have done and is planning to do isn't the book stop for sports stadium developments, there's more that can be done given the space.

• Like 1

Just now, villarule123 said:

I wish they'd hurry up and tell us one way or another what's going on with the stadium. Unless adding 3000 extra seats is the only plan they have and they've already told us... 

They will wait until the season is over. There not going to take anything away from our on pitch success, after that my guess is the flood gates Will open.

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

IMG_9904.jpeg

IMG_9903.webp

Yes Tottenham is a horrible shit hole. You get out as fast as you can after you get in. However they had Wembley Stadium to use while they demolished White Hart Lane and built their new stadium. Also as it's in London it has excellent transport links and a modern stadium can house all the fans on site before and after games and other sporting events. 

We don't have a Wembley, we don't have any transport links anywhere near the level of London and we aren't in London (where people spend a lot more money than in Birmingham) 

I think iterative improvements to Villa Park is only viable option for us right now. Once all these PSR/FFP rules stop changing and settle down we can look more strategically 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

That said, 52k as a first phase is sensible.

Up until 5 years ago it was easy to get a season ticket, members of my family got one in the summer the season we got promoted by just speaking to the Villa and had many options to where there was available seating.  

I get that we are doing well and football is immensely popular at the moment but I’m yet to be convinced that we have either 30,000 genuine season ticket waiting list people who would snap up a ticket if it was available now, maybe 10,000 tops or if they would be general sale that we would sell anywhere near 60k in the lower class premier league games especially midweek games.

if it is genuine then the club would build a new stadium or make the stadium redevelopment plans grander but given they haven’t at the moment, they may be thinking the same as me.  If in the summer they lay out grand plans then I will believe it but as of today I’m not convinced the consistent demand is there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Up until 5 years ago it was easy to get a season ticket, members of my family got one in the summer the season we got promoted by just speaking to the Villa and had many options to where there was available seating.  

I get that we are doing well and football is immensely popular at the moment but I’m yet to be convinced that we have either 30,000 genuine season ticket waiting list people who would snap up a ticket if it was available now, maybe 10,000 tops or if they would be general sale that we would sell anywhere near 60k in the lower class premier league games especially midweek games.

if it is genuine then the club would build a new stadium or make the stadium redevelopment plans grander but given they haven’t at the moment, they may be thinking the same as me.  If in the summer they lay out grand plans then I will believe it but as of today I’m not convinced the consistent demand is there.

Well if you are right,  and i dont think you are,  mwe have hit our ceiling. As for the club thinking like that......have you seen our new shareholders and the type of expertise they have brought on board? I don't think they are here to add 3000 seats to an ageing stadium. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

I agree with what your saying but what Spurs have done and is planning to do isn't the book stop for sports stadium developments, there's more that can be done given the space.

We need to turn the space we have into a place non Villa fans want to visit. Spurs are building an extreme sports centre with deep dive pool and massive indoor climbing wall. In Folkestone they’ve built a multi story indoor skate park and climbing centre. These are the sorts of developments that will attract people to the ground daily all year round and I’ve just used them as an example of what we could look to build. The increased footfall will make the Holte hotel / warehouse more financially viable. 

IMG_9907.webp

IMG_9908.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We need to turn the space we have into a place non Villa fans want to visit. Spurs are building an extreme sports centre with deep dive pool and massive indoor climbing wall. In Folkestone they’ve built a multi story indoor skate park and climbing centre. These are the sorts of developments that will attract people to the ground daily all year round and I’ve just used them as an example of what we could look to build. The increased footfall will make the Holte hotel / warehouse more financially viable. 

IMG_9907.webp

IMG_9908.jpeg

I dont think providing platforms for fans to kill themselves after a bad result is the way to go.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

IMG_9907.webp

IMG_9908.jpeg

Diving platforms? Grealish will be signing for them in a flash

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Even if only 10,000 of our 35k+ waiting list actually took up the option of a season tickets, that takes our current attendance from 42k to 52k. Add in 2k extra hospitality and 1k extra away fans capacity, then we would already be averaging 55k for a rubbish category B game. 

Then we’d have lots of casual fans who would buy the extra 5k tickets that would be on general sale, even if that was only for the big 6 games, Wolves game and 4 CL games, that’s 50% of our games selling out a 60k stadium. 

The smaller games probably only attract an extra 2k casual fans and so attendance averages 57k for those games. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Newcastles stadium location means they don't have the same transport issues we currently face being so central. Toon fans also are diehard and I didn’t see them having to close a tier off when they hit relegated like we did. 

We will get there with a new north stand just not in the anticipated timescale of some. Once we've increase the spend per seat, get the upgraded infrastructure in place in terms of fan transportation and  open the warehouse and Holte Hotel as fan zones then I’ve no doubt they’ll look at expansion again. I hope they revisit and adapt the design but larger and redesign the exterior to be less bland. 

They are a very good set of fans but it’s a one club city with very few teams around them. Also when they first got relegated out of the premier league a few years back they had regular crowds of less than 40k in a 52k ground. They were giving away  10k free tickets not so long ago to try and fill the ground in the prem . Demand up there for a good team does out do us though but we are apples and oranges in terms of the type of areas we are situated in. We leak more fans to other clubs because there more teams around us and the ethnic make up is far different to Newcastle which also adds to it. 

• Like 1

Â