Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Those fan consultation board meeting minutes to me definitely mean this is a long term pause. 

I'm definitely leaning towards they're going to be squeezing every penny out of seat prices and using the large queue to replace those who won't pay the price. 

I think that's a big miscalculation. This is not America or London. The money just isn't there. 

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There isn't.

Personally I don't know why they can't just allow us to levitate above the construction site while the stand is being rebuilt. Tsk. Pathetic from the club.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Heck so far is just a disaster every time he opens his mouth. He always puts a dampner on things when things everywhere else are riding high

Yep his middle name must be “what the”

Chris “what the” Heck

Yes I know childish and not really funny, but I’m proud I thought of that and it’s Christmas so you can all do one 🥳😂🥳😂

• Haha 1

To be honest, if we can somehow find 3,000 seats (no idea how!) and also manage to massively improve the facilities in the Holte and Witton Lane, then it does take the sting off a bit. I would love for the North Stand project to be done, but it is bloody expensive. A quick win of 3,000 more seats will also give us an additional push and revenue next season. 

However, it doesn’t detract from the fact that the North Stand does need demolishing and redoing. If they wanted to revise the plans to make it less lavish, but still with ensuring we go above 50,000, and drastically reduce the cost, then I’m not entirely against that. 

2000 to 3000 extra seats you would think if it was possible someone would have done the surveys so they know an exact number.

The only way I can see that is re routing Trinity Road by buying some of the park from the council to even off the Holte End and Trinty corner.

Fascinated to see how they think its possible.

On 14/12/2023 at 14:53, thabucks said:

If you look at the designs for the reconfigured trinity corner by taking out the super riser and vormitories you’ll get an increase in capacity … There’s an extra 2/3 rows worth of seats by re-jigging these 

IMG_9051.jpeg

Sorry to quote myself but the above illustrates how they’ll add additional seating to the trinity road stand … 

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Sorry to quote myself but the above illustrates how they’ll add additional seating to the trinity road stand … 

I'm still not quite sure how that works - I guess the suggestion there is to somehow join the lower and centre sections of the Trinity Road stand into a single tier.

images.jpeg

I'm not sure it's feasible in terms of how the two tiers relate to each other, especially at the Holte End end of the stand and the circled bit in the picture you attached wouldn't be possible because the tunnel will still be there.

images-1.jpeg

If it is possible to join the two tiers, then I think you'd probably have to demolish the lower tier in order to rebuild it - probably do-able in a summer, but very expensive as a way to gain about four rows - maybe a thousand seats?

The club said at the meeting that increasing through a survey of the bowl is something they're hoping to do over the next few years - but I really am struggling to see where they're going to find room. I think it might be more of an aspiration at the moment than a plan.

villapark11.JPG

There's also the problem that the 'corridor' that separates the lower and middle sections is the home of the disabled seating in the stand and we're under huge pressure to add more disabled seating in order to be able to host Euro's games (and to be Premier League compliant). If anything, I think the need to do that is more likely to result in a slight reduction to the capacity of Villa Park between now and the Euros.

3,000 seats is the equivalent of the Lower North Stand - I just don't see it - hopefully there's an architect/engineering genius out there who can find a space, but where is a complete mystery to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ender4 said:

The FAB notes say 2,000 to 3,000 extra seats will be added just by changing configuration of existing seating.  No idea how!

That is a load of shite.

Crowd will drop if Heck is going to massively hike up the prices. 

So small minded thinking, why have NWSE agreed to this after spending a relative fortune on the application, consultation etc on the new stand?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

If they did it well, I would be ok with them adding a 2-3 thousand extra seats and refurbing what we have. I’m not convinced we are a regular 50000 attendance fan base.

I think this may be it. They may have realised that at the minute we are close to our max with the prices. Don’t think you’re going to get many more people paying those prices for match day tickets so why spend all that money when we probably wouldn’t sell out enough. Ok we’ve got a big waiting list but I also think they may have realised that’s it’s a bit inflated. Yes we could definitely shift thousands more season tickets , but they want more corporate and match by match fans and as I said I think we are close to our maximum regarding that unless we became successful. 

Adding another 3k seats somewhere and smartening up facilities is probably the way to go in their minds at the minute. 

I’ve yet to see a corporate statement that accurately explains the rationale for an action. PR and lawyers are good at what they do. 

I don’t like the thought of losing several thousand fans next season if we are in UCL. we aren’t a superpower, we need fan support to push us imo. And having those seats to sale for UCL would help the club also. If they don’t make UCL, well, plans can change. But you can’t just go and say all that. 

i think the Sixers did a great job at rebranding. But I also know Nike does a lot of legwork in that league already so it’s not all down to him. I’ll still give him rope, even if the 150 logo is baffling. 

He has to get the crest right, and he has to get a new kit supplier. Somebody who coughs up cash. Those are his jobs. Ace those, we all move on imo. 

• Like 1

Â