Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

There are better ways - but if a sponsor gave us £5m (for example) to put some branding up, I would not be against it. 

It all adds up, little by little. 

And even if they called it Adidas Pepsi Max Netflix Stadium, it would still be Villa Park. The only difference is we would likely see better players running around in it. 

That's where I am too

And I also agree with fun factory's original post, our market for it would be small, unless our owners wanted to use it as a way of injecting cash 

In which case you'd like to think they'd ve relatively sensitive to what they called it 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I am too

And I also agree with fun factory's original post, our market for it would be small, unless our owners wanted to use it as a way of injecting cash 

In which case you'd like to think they'd ve relatively sensitive to what they called it 

I don't think the football club owns the ground. SO the naming rights money couldn't (under the current structure) go to the club, it would go to the part of the NSWE group of companies that own the ground. Further, if the football club was to buy back (or rent) an expanded ground, the cost would be higher than the sale price from when we were in the championship/ current rent cost.

It seems therefore unlikely that there will be any naming rights sold to benefit the club directly (though I guess if NSWE want some extra money for their holding company that owns the ground, they could do it anyway).

34 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think the football club owns the ground. SO the naming rights money couldn't (under the current structure) go to the club, it would go to the part of the NSWE group of companies that own the ground. Further, if the football club was to buy back (or rent) an expanded ground, the cost would be higher than the sale price from when we were in the championship/ current rent cost.

It seems therefore unlikely that there will be any naming rights sold to benefit the club directly (though I guess if NSWE want some extra money for their holding company that owns the ground, they could do it anyway).

Hey,

Do you know if the owners can give the ground back to the club without any come back from profit and sustainability?

I know if it were given back and we were in the championship there would probably be a row with the league because of why we sold it.

As far as I can tell it wouldn't be an issue to just change the ownership back to the club.

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Hey,

Do you know if the owners can give the ground back to the club without any come back from profit and sustainability?

I know if it were given back and we were in the championship there would probably be a row with the league because of why we sold it.

As far as I can tell it wouldn't be an issue to just change the ownership back to the club.

Building a new stadium doesn't fall under FFP.   So by extension, buying an old stadium also doesn't fall under FFP.  

But muddying the water is that we sold the stadium to plug Championship P&S rules. However, different leagues and slightly different rules. 

So i think we'd be fine if we wanted to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Hey,

The problem, such as there is one, is that the club sold the ground for FFP reasons - the income from the sale allowed the club to meet /stay within the limit allowed for losses. It cannot just be handed back (and potentially sold again) ad infinitim, obviously. The accounts have to be credible and cover market value - "gifts" are not permitted. As I said, the club could buy back the ground, whether pre-or post expansion, but the costs, I believe, would (at least in part) count towards FFP because of the earlier sale being a positive for FFP calcs. Otherwise it's an open license to cheat the system by repeated selling and re-buying. But that's really an FFP thread subject.

In terms of ground development, the North stand is old and cramped and does need an upgrade, and the ground isn't big enough for the demand for tickets, and there's also a real opportunity for more corporate income from a modernised stand(s).

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Building a new stadium doesn't fall under FFP.   So by extension, buying an old stadium also doesn't fall under FFP.  

But muddying the water is that we sold the stadium to plug Championship P&S rules. However, different leagues and slightly different rules. 

So i think we'd be fine if we wanted to do that.

It doesn't really muddy the waters though, it was just a loophole we exploited. One I assume they've closed by now. It doesn't create some kind of negative precedent where we would have to treat the opposite situation the same as there's no provision in the rules for it.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If their plans get the go ahead, when will they start knocking down the NS?

had a quick look and they submitted plans for the inner city academy in december 2020 and it hasnt broken ground yet

the impact that it has on revenue means that the stadium plans might be fast tracked but the timeline wont be that much different

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Whenever they want because they are magnificent beasts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like the idea of knocking down the North Stand, then buying the ground back before we start building - "I mean look at it, it's only got three stands, barely worth anything".

Are you Keith Wyness in disguise???

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, blandy said:

The problem, such as there is one, is that the club sold the ground for FFP reasons - the income from the sale allowed the club to meet /stay within the limit allowed for losses. It cannot just be handed back (and potentially sold again) ad infinitim, obviously. The accounts have to be credible and cover market value - "gifts" are not permitted. As I said, the club could buy back the ground, whether pre-or post expansion, but the costs, I believe, would (at least in part) count towards FFP because of the earlier sale being a positive for FFP calcs. Otherwise it's an open license to cheat the system by repeated selling and re-buying. But that's really an FFP thread subject.

In terms of ground development, the North stand is old and cramped and does need an upgrade, and the ground isn't big enough for the demand for tickets, and there's also a real opportunity for more corporate income from a modernised stand(s).

I was thinking more along the lines of the owners do a share issue for say 60 million then the club buys the ground for 60 million (or whatever the ground was actually sold for) so there is no profit for either party and it is basically just a change of ownership.

It seems too easy though.

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Well if they put the plans in the summer and they get passed then it won't start until the summer after.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 05:41, WallisFrizz said:

I was a Holte End season ticket holder when it was last a terrace and became a stand. In my mind there was a seamless transition from one to the other and I stood on the terrace at the end of the 93-94 season and then  took up my seat in the Holte Upper the next. This cannot have happened! I have no memory of what I did in the interim and I definitely didn’t miss any games. I must have sat elsewhere for a while yet if you’d have asked me before I read your post I would have sworn that the only time in the 90s that I sat elsewhere in the ground was for a Euro 96 game and a couple of testimonials/friendlies. Where did most  Holte Enders go whilst it was being rebuilt?

1946005889_HolteEnd.jpg.ecf879d0e021550b812f22beefbd4867.jpg

Think this answers a few queries!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â