Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, cudoz said:

Firstly, my point about never seeing the documents is that we will never see Wyness's service contract, that is commercially sensitive and is not a matter for the public record, so we will never know exactly what was changed.

Secondly, it might just be how I'm reading your posts, but they read to me as if you were saying that the share resolution was filed was in reaction to the playoff final defeat (as you continually referenced the filing date), my point is that the filing date (and indeed the playoff final loss) is irrelevant in respect of this resolution, if that is not what you were implying then please accept my apologies.

In any case, this is now adding nothing to the thread so I'll leave my input here.

No bud, the timing of it was in response to another question. I don't think it was a reactionary measure at all. I agree with your view ?

On 13/06/2018 at 08:52, vreitti said:

Why? We literally know NOTHING about the financial "crisis". All we know is we had some unpaid taxes, and that Wyness has been sacked. The press has had a field day for weeks now, yet most of it's pure speculation. To me this message board has always been the sound of reason, but I'm utterly staggered about the amount of conjecture and overreaction on here lately.

It's the Brexit/GDPR/Trump effect.

Media like to run the show and people buy it like kids in a sweets shop.

No disaster is happening at Villa other than losing a few influential players. It will be harder to go up now, but we are still one of the favourites. Nothing wrong with Tony for me (so far).

• Like 3

Sent a letter to Xia today. Nothing spectacular, just concise. From one fan to another.

Supporter emails are probably the last thing he's reading though, perhaps to his detriment.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Sent a letter to Xia today. Nothing spectacular, just concise. From one fan to another.

Supporter emails are probably the last thing he's reading though, perhaps to his detriment.

Nice one, I think he does care about fan feedback, so long as it is delivered sensibly. Which is why he doesn't strike me as the evil guy a few are willing to assume. 

• Like 1

I wonder why he hasn't come out and said anything. Perhaps thats unfair as we have had a couple of statements - and you wouldn't want other clubs knowing our precise situation - but something like

"Bruce continues as manager and is aware of the financial restraints - reports in the press are exaggerated and we are confident of putting out a strong team next season"  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I wonder why he hasn't come out and said anything. 

Probably embarrassed and in hiding given all of the bullshit he has come out with over the last two years.

The guy is an imbecile and he knows that everyone can see that now. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KHV said:

Probably embarrassed and in hiding given all of the bullshit he has come out with over the last two years.

The guy is an imbecile and he knows that everyone can see that now. 

Probably right - but the implications of that being true are too painful to contemplate. I really hope he sells - but failing that I hope he see's the error of his ways. - I say hope without a great deal of expectation, whatever your opinions of Bruce I hope he has been briefed on the finances and what he can and can not do - I hope that conversation isn't left until mid July.

The Express and Star say that he’s in China looking for investment. However Xia himself has said that there is a problem getting money out of China.

I’ve been supportive of Xia, but others have questioned his finances from the start. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to ignore these concerns. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The Express and Star say that he’s in China looking for investment. However Xia himself has said that there is a problem getting money out of China.

I’ve been supportive of Xia, but others have questioned his finances from the start. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to ignore these concerns. 

Apparantly the controls have been loosened in regards getting money out of China.

Either way, Tony needs to start giving clear answers and none of this mystic Twitter icon shit!

• Like 1

in my view,

In real terms he ain't got the proverbial 'pot to piss in''

If he had we would not have had to endure what we have over the last few weeks. Its clear that there is no problem releasing funds out of China, so where is it?.

He's turning out to be another 'hairdresser' in a similar vein as to the one we laughed about at the rabble down the road !!!!

I am ready to eat humble pie by the bucket load....come on Doc, show some and prove me wrong....

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Apparantly the controls have been loosened in regards getting money out of China.

Either way, Tony needs to start giving clear answers and none of this mystic Twitter icon shit!

Well if that’s the case then he can just dip into his huge pot of money and we’re in the clear. Apart from the ridiculous ffp nonsense. 

It does look increasingly like he’s not as financially well endowed as he’d like us to believe. I’ve heard something along those lines before.....

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

Looking for outside investment. Who wants to invest in a business that needs an injection of 4m each month just to keep it going 

But I thought he was lying about investing 4 million per month since he has come in?

Or is this only true when it suits the argument?

Some fans seem to think he has been collecting and shipping our imaginary profits off to China in a duffle bag.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just listened to a podcast with neutrals and Villa fans. A Lot of valid points and similar to what I have intimated.

He/we took a huge gamble on players/wages over 2 and failed, just as every fan would have wanted, in turn compounding financial implications - Fans "What a d*ckhead and sh*t business man, you think they would know how to run a club" (After promotion failure)

If he had come in and said "We are going to build slowly, reduce wages, and make a big push when we are self sustainable" FANS - "What a d*ckhead, should be spending 899 million of his 900 million pound fortune on us, Aston Villa deserve success now"

?

Again, quick to turn on the people who have sacrificed a sh*t load to try and get the club back where it wants to be, but not the clowns who were tasked with the mission, and pretty much given better resources than 90 percent of the clubs in the League.

Others keep saying "He is a liar, he's said he can't get money out of China" - When did he say this? (He didn't)

If the reports of him having had to invest 4 - 5 million per season just to cover losses, I genuinely can't see how people cannot get the math.

The very same people who call press talk bollox lap it up when it goes along with their feelings or subconscious agenda.

This.

• Like 4

On 15/06/2018 at 09:51, hippo said:

I wonder why he hasn't come out and said anything. Perhaps thats unfair as we have had a couple of statements - and you wouldn't want other clubs knowing our precise situation - but something like

"Bruce continues as manager and is aware of the financial restraints - reports in the press are exaggerated and we are confident of putting out a strong team next season"  

I guess its like sorting out Garden full of weeds and flowers....its only when you are part of the way through it, does any semblance of order start to appear.

I guess, he will plough on and report meaningfully, when some shape in our finances is looking stable.

we don't really need to know the wart 'n all.....we just want to see and hear the solution.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just listened to a podcast with neutrals and Villa fans. A Lot of valid points and similar to what I have intimated.

He/we took a huge gamble on players/wages over 2 years and failed, just as every fan would have wanted, in turn compounding financial implications - Fans "What a d*ckhead and sh*t business man, you think they would know how to run a club" (After promotion failure)

If he had come in and said "We are going to build slowly, reduce wages, and make a big push when we are self sustainable" FANS - "What a d*ckhead, should be spending 899 million of his 900 million pound fortune on us, Aston Villa deserve success now"

?

Again, quick to turn on the people who have sacrificed a sh*t load to try and get the club back where it wants to be, but not the clowns who were tasked with the mission, and pretty much given better resources than 90 percent of the clubs in the League.

Others keep saying "He is a liar, he's said he can't get money out of China" - When did he say this? (He didn't)

If the reports of him having had to invest 4 - 5 million per season just to cover losses, I genuinely can't see how people cannot get the math.

The very same people who call press talk bollox lap it up when it goes along with their feelings or subconscious agenda.

Have you been in the Steve Bruce thread or is this your first day on VillaTalk? 

Â