Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I know we shouldn’t look at other clubs but it’s so depressing to see how Wolves are doing after being taken over at the same time. They also had a worse first season than us. 

Why couldn’t Fosun group have bought the Villa and let Tony buy the Wolves? 

To make it worse I know so many wolves fans and all I hear is the great things they are doing. 

I watched a documentary on Ronaldo the other day and he see’s Mendez like a brother. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m a few years down the line he ends up there while we languish in League one. 

I think I’m going to cry myself to sleep. 

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we shouldn’t look at other clubs but it’s so depressing to see how Wolves are doing after being taken over at the same time. They also had a worse first season than us. 

To make it worse I know so many wolves fans and all I hear is the great things they are doing. 

I watched a documentary on Ronaldo the other day and he see’s Mendez like a brother. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m a few years down the line he ends up there while we languish in League one. 

I've tried to stop letting it get me down. Barring some good stuff from Benteke we've got progressively shitter each season since MON left. I'm expecting a relegation battle this season so anything more will be a bonus.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it may just be the Villa curse: we got the wrong American “billionaire” and now we may have got the wrong Chinese “billionaire”. 

From someone who does know! I knew it wasn’t as bad as press made out.

Villa Tranfers on Twitter 

New ‘ITK’ guru @thatcherlover is not Correct on many points he has claimed. Many items have yet even been decided, things are not as bad as first seemed, Club navigating through a tough period. Brighter times ahead

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

New ‘ITK’ guru @thatcherlover is not Correct on many points he has claimed. Many items have yet even been decided, things are not as bad as first seemed, Club navigating through a tough period. Birighter times ahead

“Proud history, bright future”??:)

39 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

New ‘ITK’ guru @thatcherlover is not Correct on many points he has claimed. Many items have yet even been decided, things are not as bad as first seemed, Club navigating through a tough period. Brighter times ahead

The question is who to believe? I have refrained from the mud slinging at the club/owner as to be honest I do not know what is happening behind the scenes. Clearly there are problems with cashflow in the short term at least, but these are sometimes blown up by internet/press/twitter people looking to gain attention or sell papers. In my mind, I am thinking our wage bill must have dropped quite a bit with the likes of Terry/Gabby/Hutton/Snodders leaving amongst a few others. The wage bill is what will strangle any club or business with reducing income. I hope we take this opportunity to get our house in order, if we can shift on Richards and McCormack and negotiate some good subsidised loans then I think we should be alright.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let's see how it pans out at Wolves first.....agreed they struck gold this year, but they employed 2 idiot managers first and got lucky with the 3rd!

Mendes played this game at Valencia and everything was rosy at first....then it all fell apart. Also, they keep getting linked to big money signings....not made any though have they? Gold & Sullivan play that game a lot too don't they?

Reading some tweets by Prof Chadwick the other day, he said no Chinese owned football club in europe is 'safe'.

Fosun are one of 4 huge chinese companies being monitored by the govt over there. They are ok for now, but the govt. could change rules again next week and the whole Fosun/Mendes/Wolves charade could come crashing down. When a company the size of Dalian Wanda has to pull out of their part ownership of  Atletico Madrid, no chinese owned club can be over confident!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TheEgo said:

Sorry for the spam replies, I only get a chance to get on a few times a day and then make a bunch of posts all in one. 

• Are you a journalist ? Unlike many you seem to speak with conviction and certainty about things that aren't in the public domain

23 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

When a company the size of Dalian Wanda has to pull out of their part ownership of  Atletico Madrid, no chinese owned club can be over confident!

I see where you are coming from, but the reason Wanda had to retract all foreign investment is completely different. 

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Villa Transfers is legit, and has proven so with info in the past, albeit only on transfers. Thatcherlover is recent and echoes an awful lot of what I am 'imagining' bitter old Wyness wants put out there. Can't paste it now but there was a tweet the other night from Thatcherlover saying they or Wyness was working on a story about how Wyness has not been paid - now only Wyness or a cohort would have this info - therefore a bit of a slip of the mask from Thatcherlover.

Some striking familiarity here:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/football-owners-ac-milan-s-mysterious-chinese-owners-silvio-berlusconi 

Some extracts below. I think it makes interesting reading if nothing else. Clearly on a much bigger scale than Aston Villa, but similar story in many ways:

"After months of struggle, Berlusconi found a potential investor from China. At the time, Chinese President Xi Jinping, a massive football fan himself was beginning to be at the forefront of a Chinese footballing revolution. So, when a Chinese company Sino-Europe Sports Investment Management Changxing Co. bid over €700 million, it seemed that the club was the latest to join Xi’s footballing revolution.

At the centre of this saga was Li Yonghong, a Hong Kong-based businessman, who few had heard about before. The holding company looking to buy AC Milan sat atop a complex web of companies and state-backed investors. A year later, negotiations still dragged on due to a series of red flags, most notably whether the Chinese company actually had the money.

If AC Milan supporters thought they had got rid of their controversial owner, they were hugely mistaken. When International news agency Reuters investigated about the 8 companies, connected to the bid, they found that the shell company had lied about all 8 offices. The New York Times had also discovered that Li’s mining empire wasn’t as lucrative as he had claimed nor was it actually owned by him. There was also a separate issue of forged bank documents holding up the sale. But eventually, the transfer went through in 2017 to what is now known as Rossoneri Sports Investment group headed by Li Yonghong".

"Milan went on a spending spree of more than €200 million in the summer of 2017, buying Leonardo Bonucci, Nikola Kalinic, Andre Silva and Hakan Calhanoglu. To fund this spree, Li managed to secure a $354 million loan from Elliott Management, a controversial US hedge fund. Elliott is also known as a Vulture Fund i.e. a company that buys up bad government debt at low rates followed by fierce litigation to extract repayment".

"Around the time of Montella’s sacking, UEFA took a keen interest in Milan’s finances and the club’s potential lack of compliance with the Financial Fair play rules. In December 2017, UEFA’s investigatory chamber turned down AC Milan’s request for a voluntary agreement to be in accordance with FFP rules. In a statement, UEFA said that:

There are still uncertainties in relation to the refinancing of the loans to be paid back in October 2018 and the financial guarantees provided by the main shareholder.

17 hours ago, TRO said:

They are.....but in a far different position to deal with it.

Thats the world we live in.

To add to @Deisler123's point.

There are those with a 49 billion dollar income in Australia who pay less than 1% tax.

As opposed to someone of the avg household income of 80k, who pays 28% tax.

That's the world we live in.

23 hours ago, TheEgo said:

We've seen the documents. there are all on here. Your point is exactly the same as mine. It was prepared pre play off, to use in the eventuality we didn't go up. Pointless debating semantics. 

As for the share resolution, I agree we DON'T have to issue shares, but it would be less than usual to apply to to remove the restriction and then not to and of course it's all speculation unless you're Tony Xia or I am. Should we just not speculate at all? may as well close the thread guys ?

Firstly, my point about never seeing the documents is that we will never see Wyness's service contract, that is commercially sensitive and is not a matter for the public record, so we will never know exactly what was changed.

Secondly, it might just be how I'm reading your posts, but they read to me as if you were saying that the share resolution was filed was in reaction to the playoff final defeat (as you continually referenced the filing date), my point is that the filing date (and indeed the playoff final loss) is irrelevant in respect of this resolution, if that is not what you were implying then please accept my apologies.

In any case, this is now adding nothing to the thread so I'll leave my input here.

Edited by cudoz
  • Like 1

On 13/06/2018 at 17:52, vreitti said:

Why? We literally know NOTHING about the financial "crisis". All we know is we had some unpaid taxes, and that Wyness has been sacked. The press has had a field day for weeks now, yet most of it's pure speculation. To me this message board has always been the sound of reason, but I'm utterly staggered about the amount of conjecture and overreaction on here lately.

I know very little about the financial side of British football, from the little I do know about team sports in general it would have to mean the EFL are partially culpable if our worst fears are realised? Something I just don't see happening. Could very well be the case that the systems here are nothing like the ones over there.

What seems to be the only recurring theme in every bit of Villa related news at the moment is the uncertainty. Which goes back to 2016 and the very identity of the man at the helm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dukes said:
  • Are you a journalist ? Unlike many you seem to speak with conviction and certainty about things that aren't in the public domain

No, just a fan who is sad enough to read a LOT and know a few people, but I'm by no means looking for any attention or claim to know anything 100% What I do type, I believe to be true, however A. Things change fast and frequently and B. I'm not Xia or anyone on the board, so they are the only people that really know. I hear tidbits and then 'try' to join the dots (this doesn't include Twitter ITK's when it comes to any info)

I'll be honest, it's gone silent in many areas, Journos and fans alike are now just really guessing. When things go super quiet it can point to things happening and at a delicate stage. That's speculation though bud. I really don't see a long term future here for Xia. I can't see us being owned by him come 2019 and that's a pure guess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Villa Transfers is legit, and has proven so with info in the past, albeit only on transfers. Thatcherlover is recent and echoes an awful lot of what I am 'imagining' bitter old Wyness wants put out there. Can't paste it now but there was a tweet the other night from Thatcherlover saying they or Wyness was working on a story about how Wyness has not been paid - now only Wyness or a cohort would have this info - therefore a bit of a slip of the mask from Thatcherlover.

I'd agree with Villa Transfers, as you say though only with transfers (hence the name I guess) supposedly works at Little Aston Hospital where our medicals and other tests are done. As for Thatcher dude, I think he got lucky a bit early and since said little. He's not 'ITK' though imo.

Â