Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, the EFL have never let someone dodgy own a club. 

100% go with them. Good lord. 

You're right, it is ridiculous. But, however dubious his past, he's the person with the authority to effectively end this club. 

11 hours ago, av1 said:

What a load of nonsense. 

Is it? I don't tend to believe any 'ITKs' as a matter of course but let's be fair, something about missing a tax bill, the owner creating shares which can only be for the possibility of investment and the prospect of selling some of our best assets, albeit players currently, is pretty evidential to this being accurate.

Even if Xia manages to get money into the club now I think it's gone too far with the fans. If I were a betting man I'd put a chunk on him selling before the end of the season and cutting his losses. 

This is how I see Xia's ownership:

He came into the club and took away the debt. He spoke the same spin that Lerner did when he took over. He communicated loads with the fans to begin with. He over-invested in the playing side paying over-the-hill players way too much in terms of salary. Didn't get the desired outcome in the league. Reigned in the spending. Stopped the communication with the fans. Got us into huge debt. Now the future is uncertain and we don't know if he has any money to speak of. 

It's a huge case of déjà vu for me and I now think of Xia in the same way I thought of Lerner during his last 2 or 3 seasons at the club although, I never felt Lerner would allow the club to go under, Xia doesn't assure me in the same way. 

For me, Xia has done nothing to show me he is the right man for our club and therefore I hope he leaves ASAP. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Me too. I read it on the Internet so it must be true.

The man behind these rumours has been anti-Xia from say one, after backing Lerner constantly. I'm not suggesting Xia is perfect and I do think something is wrong, but this ITK comes from somebody with a long standing agenda against Xia.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dick said:

The man behind these rumours has been anti-Xia from say one, after backing Lerner constantly. I'm not suggesting Xia is perfect and I do think something is wrong, but this ITK comes from somebody with a long standing agenda against Xia.

True Dick.

The fact that it is out there does not make it gospel. 

Xia keeping quiet also does not bode well either.

Like one of these cowboy builders you are trying to get hold of after he's **** the job up.

Tony needs to break the silence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

The thing is, if you're going to dismiss what they say, before they've said it, then it's just another indication that your mind is made up, regardless of how this develops. I would hope you could indicate an authority that you would believe? (Other than yourself).

I haven't said i'd dismiss it at all. You continue to tell me what i've said when i haven't said it. Interesting tactic. I just find it ridiculous that you would back it 100%, what was that about your mind is made up?

I will take it on board and consider it with the other information that is out there. 

3 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

Is it? I don't tend to believe any 'ITKs' as a matter of course but let's be fair, something about missing a tax bill, the owner creating shares which can only be for the possibility of investment and the prospect of selling some of our best assets, albeit players currently, is pretty evidential to this being accurate.

Even if Xia manages to get money into the club now I think it's gone too far with the fans. If I were a betting man I'd put a chunk on him selling before the end of the season and cutting his losses. 

100% true then. Sheesh.

Something going around Twitter that some fathers day meals were cancelled on the day because the caterers had not been paid. 

Was shown to me by a nose though so could be bullcrap. 

3 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

If he really is struggling to move funds out of China he'll have no choice to. The only reason he'd not sell is because of pride, but if he loves the club as much as he says he does he knows selling would be better for us.

So just read this on Company Check (https://companycheck.co.uk/director/920918826/MR-JIAN-TONG-XIA/summary) :

Mr Jian Tong Xia holds 7 appointments at 7 active companies, has resigned from 0 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. JIAN began their first appointment at the age of 41. Their longest current appointment spans 2 years, 0 months and 22 days at RECON GROUP UK LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where JIAN holds a current appointment equals £2.4m, a combined total current assets value of £218.7m with a total current liabilities of £677.8m and a total current net worth of £-396m. Roles associated with Mr Jian Tong Xia within the recorded businesses include: Director

A. Is this website current?

B. Is this website accurate/trustworthy?

C. I answer to questions A & B are both 'yes', are we now right royally f**cked?

1 hour ago, Dick said:

No agenda other than wanting the best for our club.... I admit I was too robust with my defence of Lerner in hindsight but at the time I didn’t feel he deserved the personal criticism. No denying though he did well and truly **** us over.

Also I do find it laughable you think I’m anti Xia from day one but you are entitled to that view. I just hope the next guy is legit and has a clue of what he is doing. 

From my very limited research of Mr Xia's companies it looks like he doesn't have much substance behind all of his claims of wealth. 

That recon website looks like a promotional tool to appease anyone trying to delve into his business dealings. Nice shiny website, pictures him at villa park etc but if you read about the other companies he is supposed to be involved with, it all looks wafer thin....a lot of words to say not a lot about anything.

I googled the recon company stock exchange number....that brings up a much smaller company call recon cabling, not recon holdings. Now what scares me is that I've done that on my phone on my lunch break, and to me it looks dodgy as hell already. What do the EFL check on when doing due dilligence etc?

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Something going around Twitter that some fathers day meals were cancelled on the day because the caterers had not been paid. 

Was shown to me by a nose though so could be bullcrap. 

If there is any truth in this it’s not only disgraceful, but worrying.  Pissing off your employees, customers and fans is only going to end one way.  Hope it’s just a rumour.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

From my very limited research of Mr Xia's companies it looks like he doesn't have much substance behind all of his claims of wealth. 

That recon website looks like a promotional tool to appease anyone trying to delve into his business dealings. Nice shiny website, pictures him at villa park etc but if you read about the other companies he is supposed to be involved with, it all looks wafer thin....a lot of words to say not a lot about anything.

I googled the recon company stock exchange number....that brings up a much smaller company call recon cabling, not recon holdings. Now what scares me is that I've done that on my phone on my lunch break, and to me it looks dodgy as hell already. What do the EFL check on when doing due dilligence etc?

Yeah the cabling company is part of the Recon Group apparently. It was that company that was linked to buying the majority share in Millenium Films last year.

Â