Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

11 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Yeah the cabling company is part of the Recon Group apparently. It was that company that was linked to buying the majority share in Millenium Films last year.

Which they never bought in the end...is that correct? 

14 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Which they never bought in the end...is that correct? 

believe so yeah. I read an article that the funding was coming from a hong kong based holding company that is owned by the cable company, or something like that.

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

So just read this on Company Check (https://companycheck.co.uk/director/920918826/MR-JIAN-TONG-XIA/summary) :

Mr Jian Tong Xia holds 7 appointments at 7 active companies, has resigned from 0 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. JIAN began their first appointment at the age of 41. Their longest current appointment spans 2 years, 0 months and 22 days at RECON GROUP UK LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where JIAN holds a current appointment equals £2.4m, a combined total current assets value of £218.7m with a total current liabilities of £677.8m and a total current net worth of £-396m. Roles associated with Mr Jian Tong Xia within the recorded businesses include: Director

A. Is this website current?

B. Is this website accurate/trustworthy?

C. I answer to questions A & B are both 'yes', are we now right royally f**cked?

A) Yes.

B ) Yes.

C) No. As far as I'm aware, Company Check will just be getting their information from Companies House, where all 7 of those companies are registered, and neither Companies House nor any other sources will include Dr X's actual net worth. That figure will just be a combination of the different profits and losses that the website has been able to source. I can't imagine that figure being accurate, as it'll probably be mixing up accounts from different tax years.

If you want to do some digging for yourself then just go on the BETA Companies House website. It's free for everyone to use, and by clicking into the Filing History or 'People > Persons with significant control', you can easily find out all of the publicly available information. The problem is, that when people who don't know what they're looking at start reading into these things, they usually get carried away with what it all could mean. Christopher Samuelson's previous involvement being a big thing that many people have got their knickers in a twist about, even though his role was seemingly just around the purchase of the company, and soon after this his positions on companies house were terminated.

A few things that are available on Companies House for everyone to see: Wyness is now terminated as a Director, as expected. 2 million shares have been created in the name of Recon Football Limited (presumably for Tony to sell for a percentage share of the ownership). Many of the AVFC companies are not owned immediately by Tony, but instead they are 100% owned by Recon Sports Limited. However, when you look into Recon Sports Limited, the 100% owner is Dr Tony, so the ultimate owner of Villa is Tony, unless others know about some smoke and mirrors ownership. Last years accounts (the latest currently available) for Recon Sports Limited state that the ultimate controlling party is Mr J Xia. The only thing that could link Villa to other individuals overseas, from what I can see, is that Tony's ultimate ownership is documented as a result of him being the ultimate controlling party of Zhejiang Ruikang (Recon) Investment Co Ltd, who are a company based in China, which I can't publicly find ownership information about. Last year's accounts says that Zhejiang Ruikand (Recon) Invesment Co Ltd are the ultimate holding company for both Recon Sports Limited and Recon Group UK Limited. IF Tony had sold his shares in this Zhejiang company to other people, then they would become the ultimate beneficial owners of Villa instead, from what I can see.

There you go @ViewFromT2, do some digging on Zhejiang if you want.

Edited by Rob182
'B' turned into a sunglasses emoji. MegaLOLz

40 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

A) Yes.

B ) Yes.

C) No. As far as I'm aware, Company Check will just be getting their information from Companies House, where all 7 of those companies are registered, and neither Companies House nor any other sources will include Dr X's actual net worth. That figure will just be a combination of the different profits and losses that the website has been able to source. I can't imagine that figure being accurate, as it'll probably be mixing up accounts from different tax years.

If you want to do some digging for yourself then just go on the BETA Companies House website. It's free for everyone to use, and by clicking into the Filing History or 'People > Persons with significant control', you can easily find out all of the publicly available information. The problem is, that when people who don't know what they're looking at start reading into these things, they usually get carried away with what it all could mean. Christopher Samuelson's previous involvement being a big thing that many people have got their knickers in a twist about, even though his role was seemingly just around the purchase of the company, and soon after this his positions on companies house were terminated.

A few things that are available on Companies House for everyone to see: Wyness is now terminated as a Director, as expected. 2 million shares have been created in the name of Recon Football Limited (presumably for Tony to sell for a percentage share of the ownership). Many of the AVFC companies are not owned immediately by Tony, but instead they are 100% owned by Recon Sports Limited. However, when you look into Recon Sports Limited, the 100% owner is Dr Tony, so the ultimate owner of Villa is Tony, unless others know about some smoke and mirrors ownership. Last years accounts (the latest currently available) for Recon Sports Limited state that the ultimate controlling party is Mr J Xia. The only thing that could link Villa to other individuals overseas, from what I can see, is that Tony's ultimate ownership is documented as a result of him being the ultimate controlling party of Zhejiang Ruikang (Recon) Investment Co Ltd, who are a company based in China, which I can't publicly find ownership information about. Last year's accounts says that Zhejiang Ruikand (Recon) Invesment Co Ltd are the ultimate holding company for both Recon Sports Limited and Recon Group UK Limited. IF Tony had sold his shares in this Zhejiang company to other people, then they would become the ultimate beneficial owners of Villa instead, from what I can see.

Yeah I've been navigating Beta Companies House for a while....it's just a web of companies, so confusing!

I have stumbled over this article though, which shows why Tony has been in China for so long....looks like chinese companies are going tits up aswell....very worrying times indeed for us. I can only see one outcome to all this. If he doesn't sell us, we will eventually go to the wall.

http://westdollar.com/sbdm/finance/news/1349,20180524877236827.html 

In an earlier interview with the Securities Times e reporter, Xia Jiantong also stated that since taking over Lotus Health in 2014, it has already borrowed more than ten billion yuan from listed companies for a total of more than two billion yuan in total. The purpose is to resolve issues left over by history. , to enable the company to achieve transformation and development.

The two listed companies, Ruikang Holdings and Tianxia Smart, have also been active recently.

Ruikang announced on April 4 that RCC Holdings had a consideration of 1.446 billion yuan and transferred 100% of the controlling shareholder Hangzhou Ruikang Sports Culture Co., Ltd. to Shenzhen Shenliyuan Investment Group Co., Ltd., and the company’s actual controller was Xia Jian. The system was changed to Li Ming.

On the 27th of the month, Tianxia Wisdom also announced that Xia Jiantong resigned from the post of president due to his busy work and continued to serve as the director and chairman of the company's eighth board of directors.

Edited by ViewFromT2

17 hours ago, Jareth said:

The thing is, if you're going to dismiss what they say, before they've said it, then it's just another indication that your mind is made up, regardless of how this develops. I would hope you could indicate an authority that you would believe? (Other than yourself).

The thing is............They won't say anything publicly and it's just an ass covering process, a tick box exercise if you will. They verified this guy to start with. I'd be very surprised if they now start acting like they know what they're doing  (imo of course) So we're left with the OS that writes what Xia wants it too.....which is f all at the moment. It's all fluffy stuff acting like all is ok. I wish to know where the money is coming from to afford the next tax bill and wages etc! Just what debt he is landing us with and what's the long term approach to all this? We've heard nothing apart from "we've reached an agreement with the HMRC to pay" (last months bill) 

Xia is now absent, we don't have a CEO and the noise out of the club is deafening. I'm concerned and I can't see how others aren't, but that is just my take on it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

The thing is............They won't say anything publicly and it's just an ass covering process, a tick box exercise if you will. They verified this guy to start with. I'd be very surprised if they now start acting like they know what they're doing  (imo of course) So we're left with the OS that writes what Xia wants it too.....which is f all at the moment. It's all fluffy stuff acting like all is ok. I wish to know where the money is coming from to afford the next tax bill and wages etc! Just what debt he is landing us with and what's the long term approach to all this? We've heard nothing apart from "we've reached an agreement with the HMRC to pay" (last months bill) 

Xia is now absent, we don't have a CEO and the noise out of the club is deafening. I'm concerned and I can't see how others aren't, but that is just my take on it. 

The EFL, at a time when there has been mass press reporting on Villa's problems, including calls from Westminster to protect historic clubs like Villa from bad management - are you truly saying that at this precise moment in time, the EFL who are responsible for the league are going to uncover insane financial mismanagement, not say a word about it to anyone and watch from the sidelines as villa get liquidated? Pressure is on them to get to the bottom of whatever there is to get to the bottom of. Let's see what they say before we assume it is untrue or concealing truth. 

4 hours ago, villarocker said:

This is how I see Xia's ownership:

He came into the club and took away the debt. He spoke the same spin that Lerner did when he took over. He communicated loads with the fans to begin with. He over-invested in the playing side paying over-the-hill players way too much in terms of salary. Didn't get the desired outcome in the league. Reigned in the spending. Stopped the communication with the fans. Got us into huge debt. Now the future is uncertain and we don't know if he has any money to speak of. 

It's a huge case of déjà vu for me and I now think of Xia in the same way I thought of Lerner during his last 2 or 3 seasons at the club although, I never felt Lerner would allow the club to go under, Xia doesn't assure me in the same way. 

For me, Xia has done nothing to show me he is the right man for our club and therefore I hope he leaves ASAP. 

Lerner 100% funded the club with his own cash, Xis has funded the club with others money (very little personal wealth spent as he doesn't have much) Lerner was stupid and just gave up, but he payed the bills monthly and didn't create debt to do it. I'm alarmed at just what we have charged against us by way of debt. 

I agree Xia is done here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick said:

The man behind these rumours has been anti-Xia from say one, after backing Lerner constantly. I'm not suggesting Xia is perfect and I do think something is wrong, but this ITK comes from somebody with a long standing agenda against Xia.

Who is this? for clarity? 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

If there is any truth in this it’s not only disgraceful, but worrying.  Pissing off your employees, customers and fans is only going to end one way.  Hope it’s just a rumour.  

I'm sure the above is a joke..........?? Right?

Why would anyone be expecting a fathers day meal and who'd be at VP or BMH on a Sunday. If it's not a joke it's defo BS

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I'm sure the above is a joke..........?? Right?

Why would anyone be expecting a fathers day meal and who'd be at VP or BMH on a Sunday. If it's not a joke it's defo BS

:wacko: Eh? What has anyone expecting a father's day meal got to do with it? 

Have you got the wrong end of the stick? You realise that Villa Park has a restaurant?

This rumour (which is all it is), is presumably saying that some fans went to Villa Park for a father's day meal, but that the caterers had not been paid so it got cancelled.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

A) Yes.

B ) Yes.

Samuelson was mean't to be Vice Chairman and Jamie Banfill a director, but they both failed the owners and directors test, so were removed as directors (initially from Villa and stayed in one of the other companies, but eventually left those too) 

As for China, this is where it gets murky. Xia apparently only owns 18% shares and is Chairman, but not owner.....According to @Deisler123 this company was sold and Teamax is the 'parent' company and we have no idea who the investors are, not to mention all the holding companies above this as part of the 'Conglomerate' 

All clear? ha!! it's very very confusing, may be all ok and non dodgy, but Xia is just a front man with many other investors of unknown origin.

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The EFL, at a time when there has been mass press reporting on Villa's problems, including calls from Westminster to protect historic clubs like Villa from bad management - are you truly saying that at this precise moment in time, the EFL who are responsible for the league are going to uncover insane financial mismanagement, not say a word about it to anyone and watch from the sidelines as villa get liquidated? Pressure is on them to get to the bottom of whatever there is to get to the bottom of. Let's see what they say before we assume it is untrue or concealing truth. 

The point I was actually saying is, we're unlikely to hear much from then (as in a statement) it will mostly be internal discussions where Xia gets to show his 'plan' and they (if happy) will leave it there.

To summarise, I don't think they will be all over this like they actually should and therefore we won't hear much. 

@TheEgo I don't remember seeing anything factual about Samuelson becoming Vice Chairman. Was he not just appointed as a Director for the purchase, as is fairly common when companies are bought or created on Companies House.

4 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Samuelson was mean't to be Vice Chairman and Jamie Banfill a director, but they both failed the owners and directors test, so were removed as directors (initially from Villa and stayed in one of the other companies, but eventually left those too) 

As for China, this is where it gets murky. Xia apparently only owns 18% shares and is Chairman, but not owner.....According to @Deisler123 this company was sold and Teamax is the 'parent' company and we have no idea who the investors are, not to mention all the holding companies above this as part of the 'Conglomerate' 

All clear? ha!! it's very very confusing, may be all ok and non dodgy, but Xia is just a front man with many other investors of unknown origin.

I can't believe we've ended up with Carson Yeung Mk. 2!

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

:wacko: Eh? What has anyone expecting a father's day meal got to do with it? 

Have you got the wrong end of the stick? You realise that Villa Park has a restaurant?

This rumour (which is all it is), is presumably saying that some fans went to Villa Park for a father's day meal, but that the caterers had not been paid so it got cancelled.

Ah ok. I certainly didn't get that from the post. Apologies, i've clearly got the wrong end of the stick.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

@TheEgo I don't remember seeing anything factual about Samuelson becoming Vice Chairman. Was he not just appointed as a Director for the purchase, as is fairly common when companies are bought or created on Companies House.

It was all in the media at the time. I'll try and find an article. 

Â