Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Maybe but the team was in such a poor state at least that amount was needed. Some may even argue we haven't gone far enough but let's wait to the end of the window .

Completely agree it was needed. I think it's difficult to do much more, and do it well if that makes sense.

Even when Abramovich first bought Chelsea, he didn't completely overhaul the team in the first window. Granted Chelsea weren't a complete shambles like we were.

• Like 1

Just now, jon_c said:

If Tony writes off Valencia after three games, I love to know his opinion of some of our players so far this season.

The West Ham fans have written him off after far more games - Tony's clearly an efficient judge of ability. 

I don't think you can criticise Tony Xia at all with regards to giving funds and pushing the club forward. He's done his best and put the time in into turning us around.

It's over after this Wednesday it's over the management to use the team that they've put together and start winning a couple of games to keep us out of the relegation zone. Unfortunately the first game we play is one against a better team than ourselves. Though you could say that about most in this division sadly at the moment.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 3

It's a stupid thing to talk about anyway—but Torres technically only signed permanently for Atletico this summer. He was on loan last year. He also ended the season as Atletico's main striker, and, although they've spent a lot this summer and bought Gamiero to start, it's a stupid rumour.

Up the Villa

....Aupa Atleti (my Spainish team—I live in Madrid and I like them because of our super-exciting Uefa Cup two-legged tie with them about 18 years ago.)

4 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Is it worrying that The Doctor seems to be doing the scouting?

I would suspect it is a committee/group  formulating the targets with RDM's blessing.....Tony is just making sure the money is well spent.

At least he is open and honest with us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would suspect it is a committee/group  formulating the targets with RDM's blessing.....Tony is just making sure the money is well spent.

At least he is open and honest with us.

Change the posters name from@Dr_TonyXia to @Deadly_dellis or @Randy_Lerner and now tell me what you think

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

That doesn't work IMO Richard, as Tony would have to have displayed Doug or Randy-like "qualities" for your point to be apt, and so far he has not. 

He's put his money where his mouth is, has seemingly recruited qualified people in the roles around him and even displayed humility by saying he has the easy job of signing the players, and the hard work is done by RDM, Wyness and the team.

Doug didn't want to spend money but wanted Aston Villa to fuel his huge ego, and Randy, when he did spend, simply didn't know what he was doing and then just gave up and discarded the well being of the club. 

I don't believe the price of Valencia is the issue, but I can believe that Tony would want his team to find a better player for the money he was expected to spend. Big difference IMO.

It's Jack all to do with money or spend its about interference in team matters. Something Ellis got rightfully criticised for heavily. So xia does not need to have displayed any qualities as you have suggested at all. Interference is interference and for me I hope it isn't an issue

I know he's the owner, but what are his football credentials to make sure the money is well spent? 

"I" was used too much in that Tweet. He employed the manager and the other staff, so he should set the budget and let them get on with it. 

What happens when one of his managers really wants a player, but Tony doesn't? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

It's Jack all to do with money or spend its about interference in team matters. Something Ellis got rightfully criticised for heavily. So xia does not need to have displayed any qualities as you have suggested at all. Interference is interference and for me I hope it isn't an issue

But he's part of the team, no? I would agree if he was deciding who to buy but I don't have too much of an issue if he has a say on a deal not going through. Especially as he's still willing to part with the cash. If he wants the team to find someone better then that's his right at the owner, surely?

We're making the assumption that every other member of the recruitment team wanted Valencia and Tony said no. It could be the case, but I'm inclined to give him the latitude that the team ultimately decided against the signing.

22 minutes ago, Richard said:

Change the posters name from@Dr_TonyXia to @Deadly_dellis or @Randy_Lerner and now tell me what you think

I know what you mean Richard, but we have to believe in something.

I think he is having a go and bringing in players, my worry is are they any better than what we have had......I am dubious of my own opinions as the results are building up.....I never expected that surrender yesterday especially with the players brought in.

To date I have not had much faith in the Managers in terms of transfer market activity.....I don't know enough in great detail of the player market and who is a gem and who is a dud, there are lots of players that flatter to deceive or just play well in one team.

I am also mindful that gelling takes time, but equally that,that statement can be a cop out too and the progress never materialises while we are waiting for it to.

I cannot help, looking around at these managers that are spending c £ 500,000 as an example on players that are out performing ours ,or loan players that eclipse our players but we can't seem to get them.

I was heartened listening to RDM openly admit we should not have surrendered like we did ....In contrast to other managers in similar circumstances saying we played well., I just hope he seen enough to know how to tackle the problem.

It could also be argued  with the amount of changes over the last few years.....This is not Aston Villa, its just a bunch of new players representing us and our name and trying to make their mark for us and we/I  have a perception of who we are and what our status is ..... but its false.

We have a long way and much work to do that will involve much evolving of players to get it right.

Edited by TRO

I understand the concern of Tony's so called interference.....but after changing many managers the performances and results have gradually got worse from relying on their expertise....so what have we got to lose....We may as well have the tea lady signing the players for how its made a difference.

• Like 1

Â