Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

In his latest tweet, I suspect "big talk" means he is going to sit down with RDM and make some big decisions about ins and outs and get the squad sorted once and for all.

8 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I f***king love Tony Xia.

He is passionate, he cares, he has put money up, he communicates with fans, he goes to game. He is literally everything we wanted Lerner to be..... get a grip people!!! 

Put money up? Ok. What's his net spend on players so far do you think?

Big tone is a breathe of fresh air, so what if he tweets, who cares, he seems to care and that's a damn sight better then Lerner. 

Maybe it's the way ownership of clubs is going, instead of getting regurgitated stuff from media, we get actual news from the boss, that's pretty good imo. 

20 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

No, the question was whether you ( and the people who liked your initial post ) think the owner hypothetically throwing player names on twitter would be right or wrong. I thought it was pretty clear. 

If he never gets to this I'll praise him for his self control. But we all know it might be coming.

Stupid argument.

I tell you what, if you never post something stupid again, I'll give you my house and all of my possessions.

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I would tend to agree. 8 weeks he's been here. 3 more where he can help affect the playing squad (and a few more for loans apparently) The mess post Lerner is not going to be fixed in 11 weeks. Always going to be a fall out on sites like this and twitter after a loss and more so after an embarrasing one.
Also if more people realised Twitter is just a marketing tool and lightened up a bit the world would be a better place. He's not going to make headlines in Asia promoting brand Villa without talking big is he?

Spot on.

28 minutes ago, Papillon said:

And then you go on SkySports right now and almost at the top there is the headline "Xia Ready to Wield the Axe". This is what happens with baboons running shows on Twitter. Xia is the owner, he is not the manager, he is not a coach. He should stay away, the media will always pull headlines in any direction they want.

I'm struggling to see the problem here.  From what RDM and Xia have said (whenever either are asked) they seem to be working closely together and communicating a lot.  I for one hate how manager after manager trotted out after yet another embarrassing result and abject performance to defend the "spirit" in the squad and how we were "going to fight to the end".  It's about time someone in power stood up and said it like it is - some players don't deserve to wear the shirt and need to either buck the *uck up or *uck off.  Maybe some will realise that the **** they've been turning in over the last few months is unacceptable.  Maybe some will also realise that maybe other clubs will be taking another look and thinking maybe they are not worth giving a second chance to.  Just maybe it might be the kick up the ar$e that some of them need.  In which case I would far rather that the "good cop" / "bad cop" roles were adopted by RDM and Xia than the other way around.  It's not embarrassing.  It shows that the owner gives a **** and isn't going to put up with it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'm afraid that that statement is factually incorrect.

First of all I have not posted in every page of the 60 and certainly not all of them so to say "followed by 60 pages" is not true as it suggests that I have posted constantly in 60 pages

Secondly you say negative piffle. On the negative bit ,  just because my opinion on the owner is different to yours does not mean you should label it as negative in such an emotive way. In addition I have,  as has been shown, I have expressed a range of opinions on the owner so to group them all under the "negative" umbrella is not accurate.  Secondly piffle is another emotive word that suggests the opinion I am posting is blather I'm afraid to say I am not sure you have been reading my posts as the opinion is explained with reasons and justified.  Again it may be a different opinion to yours but it cannot be described as piffle as it is explained .

Yeah fine i was being flippant. I nearly started the day praising you for a balanced reaction to last nights crap, then got distracted, then you chipped in on something and i ditched said compliment. So here it is, albeit backhanded.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah fine i was being flippant. I nearly started the day praising you for a balanced reaction to last nights crap, then got distracted, then you chipped in on something and i ditched said compliment. So here it is, albeit backhanded.

Dont take it all so personally

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He's broke the transfer record for the Championship. That is indication enough that he is willing to "put money up". There's plenty of time left in the transfer window. 

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Is it though? Regardless of how much money the Dr has, he isn't going to have enough to solve all our problems in one window. So instead of publicly slating the players for last yr, RDM has given them a fresh crack to see what he can use out of them for the NOW.

We can't get rid of everyone. They also aren't Villa fans, they didn't watch any of last season. They aren't going to sit around watching DVDs of last season, when they can watch them up close and personal, and after they have issued there instructions. That way they can see if there is any player that is salvageable, which in turn would save money for the areas that really need fixing.

We all new how broken the place was last season, really broken. To expect immediate results so soon, when our transfer business isn't finished, a new ethos is to be implemented is just unrealistic.

It hurts, its crap....but the reality is, this is going to take a while to fix. Regardless of who it is.

I can't tell you how much I think is wrong with that  - if they really didn't it would constitute gross negligence.  NOT spending a few hours watching the worst season ever ? A new Manager, new Owner, new background staff, absolutely vital to be 100 % as prepared as possible ?  And the Manager or aides don't bother looking at last year ?

FWIW I think you are way wrong, I am sure last years performances will have been watched, in detail.  I just think either because of a lack of money, self belief of RDM that he could improve those guys,(mistaken IMO) or a view (mistaken IMO) that too much change would be even worse, or likeley a combination of at least two of these, has placed us where we are .  But not even looking ? Nah.

And I don't see any relevance of how broken we were.  I agree we all knew that. I haven't met one single fan who thinks we should get 'immediate results'.  But we are all perfectly entitled to expect progress, and I'm afraid I've watched three games in a row, against Boro', Wednesday, and Luton (not United, Everton, and Chelsea) and I'm afraid apart from a couple of 10 minute passages we are not, apparently, progressing.

In fact it wouldn't be mad to say we have further to fall.

As it happens I don't think we will, because 4 more signings and an early (though still much, much later than ideal) realisation by RDM that the players we all said were crap, are indeed crap, will hopefully improve matters.  But it is too late now to talk of 'implementing a new ethos' - because by NOT ditching(in fact actively promoting some) all the(4/5) bad apples and the most mentally scarred (3/4) guys he has missed that window of opportunity to create such an ethos.  Whatever he does now will be against the backdrop of that mental fragility having been seen tostill be there, living and breathing just as surely as if it were still last year.  That doesn't mean he can't improve the mentality, but it means a great chance to eradicate the utter mental shambles of last year in one swoop has gone.

It was no ordinary relegation, like a baggies, or even a Newcastle.  It was the mental disintegration of a collective, brought about by almost criminal neglect of the owner, and IMO it has been treated more like a more normal relegation , to our cost.

Yes it would have been costly, and drastic, but I think costly and drastic measures were clearly needed (and still are) - yes it may have resulted in playing the Youth team plus 5/6 new guys, and could have back fired, but we were - and maybe still are - in exceptional circumstances. I do however accept that they will have applied their minds to our predicament and he has a plan to get out of it.  I accept that whilst I am convinced drastic surgery was needed, a case could be made for a less so.

Also, having looked at the negatives, there are elements of what has, and is, happening, that could well bear fruition.  One simple example is he is trying to play football. Though I don't think he has showed it much yet, I think RDM a decent coach, and he has a very very good backroom, and he is backed by the owner.  So it's not out of the question he gets things working.  It's not out the question that he doesn't , though, either.

27 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Big tone is a breathe of fresh air, so what if he tweets, who cares, he seems to care and that's a damn sight better then Lerner. 

Maybe it's the way ownership of clubs is going, instead of getting regurgitated stuff from media, we get actual news from the boss, that's pretty good imo. 

Lerner seemed to care at the beginning. The tattoo, the scarves. 

26 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Dont take yourself down that road of thinking. Its oversimplifying the situation we are in. We will have a massive turnover compared to other clubs in our league. However we're in the Chamionship with a massive squad full of players on Premier League contracts who quite frankly aren't good enough. If we're going to operate under FFP then we have to accept the clearout first. We're still dealing with the wage bill problems of the Lerner era at the same time as dealing with the MASSIVE drop in revenue from relegation. Every player sold is a chance to invest more wisely though.

• Like 1

Â