Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

A lot can happen between now and a months time. If we get to that stage having cleared out some more of the deadwood and added a few key additions i.e. Jedinak I would say not much more could have been asked of Xia this Summer - it will be firmly over to RDM to get us going.

Before the takeover things were bleak, I honestly felt like we would free fall down to league 1 or 2. Things were bad. The takeover has given me hope, we've made 4 signings and now Tony has said 7-8, which I assume is overall, and that is amazing. Things are changing for the better, I can't understand the negativity... when Lerner took over, how much did he change in the first 4 weeks of the first transfer window? I genuinely can't remember. 

I feel good about Xia, and I'm optimistic and hopeful for the first time in years, I don't care if others don't or aren't, but I do.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

The math is wrong though? 4 we've already signed plus the 3 current bids, and 2 loans equals 9?

Negotiating for 5 players doesn't mean we would get them all - it's prudent to have more than one iron in the fire!

Edited by jonno_2004
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

Imagine this, on the day of wedding, you marry a beautiful woman (or man:D) and you believe s/he is the most beautiful in the world. One of your guests came up and said:

''Congratulations to you two. From the records, I often heard that beautiful woman is also more likely to cheat from the marriage. Although there is absolutely no evidence at all to suggest your wife/husb will do the same, but I would like to be sceptical on that.''

Even you know exactly your guest does not mean to be rude, you will find it quite annoying. That is what, I think, Jareth and others are arguing about.

It's an interesting analogy but it doesn't really work as you're casting some fans (with a particular disposition) as the groom/bride and writing off others as guests. :)

It also doesn't take in to account previous relationships. ;)

I know what he means... 

I enquired and left my number with 3/4 big titty ho's last week in town... 

Had **** all come back so I will just hand out another 3 or 4 tonight.

There's my 7 or 8 bids right there :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Villaninireland said:

That's the overall number, not another 7 or 8.

Is it? He even said in the tweet we have 3 bids and 2 loans in negotiation.. That is 5 new players in. He is not including the 4 new players we already have in his calculation that much is obvious. 

5 hours ago, meme said:

Probably including the 4 we've already signed ;)

That's fine though isn't it. . Virtually a whole new team and if we are keeping some of the players we wanted to keep,  plus the return of baker and Gardner,  amavi back from injury it IS in fact a whole new team which is exactly what I wanted. 

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

You could be right, but the sums do not add up to that conclusion.

I actually only thought we'd signed three this summer...forgot about Tshibola so he could've easily made that error. 3 signed already + 5 bids = 8 so near enough.

In fairness i think Sheff Weds signed about 14 new players last season and didn't do too badly.

Most of us want shot of half the squad so if you take 13 out of a 26 man squad you roughly need 10 signings to replace plus promoting a couple of youth team players like Green.

Â