Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

Interesting seeing a few tweets to Tony complaining about AVTV issues and he has retweeted to Wyness, basically telling him to get it fixed. 

At least it's showing he has concern for the supporters and that he wants to help them with any Villa-related issues they have.

Awww, My little Tony...

I'm not a brony.

You'd think being a relatively young multi-whatever he is, that he'd be absolutely committed to fixing our online sites.  For 100's of thousands of fans it's the only way of getting official news. 

The fact it's 2016 and it's still pretty shite in both functionality and information is so bad, frankly it's embarrassing.

I suspect that it'll be one of his top priorities in the coming months.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, meme said:

Not really. You could find a 15-year old star in a year (unlikely, but possible) and have him at Villa within 2 or 3 years.

We'd need to suffer successive relegations for this to be true. I highly doubt there are any PL-ready/top-half-Championship ready Indian teenagers just knocking about the streets of Delhi. 

9 hours ago, skarroki said:

Tony only follows 33 people and a lot of them are fan clubs or famous villans. He follows 12 players, 3 of them being our new signings.

Baker, Westwood, Grealish, Gestede, Clark, Green, Hepburn, Amavi, Ayew are the 9, plus Tshibola, Elphick and Gollini. Dont think there's too much to go on there. 

Nothing to read into because that tweet is not true. 

Interesting that he is following Grealish. Keeping tabs?

This openness from Tony feels very much like the General during the 'good times'. If (when?) it all goes to shit on the pitch I'll be interested to see how he handles the no doubt barrage of abuse that will go his way.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

This openness from Tony feels very much like the General during the 'good times'. If (when?) it all goes to shit on the pitch I'll be interested to see how he handles the no doubt barrage of abuse that will go his way.

I imagine he could probably hold his hands up and say mid season that it's down to RDM and the players - the only blame anyone could pin on him them would be for employing RDM. During the window I am cool with Tony giving us transfer updates or comments on club strategy, but during the season I can see him only tweeting on football issues when there is something to be praised, or if the team needs encouragement, you can see already he is a positive thinker who believes in motivation. Anything else would be stepping on RDM's toes. Can't see what would be wrong with all that, though I am sure others will!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meme said:

At least it's showing he has concern for the supporters and that he wants to help them with any Villa-related issues they have.

Awww, My little Tony...

I'm not a brony.

Still better than Flabby?

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We'd need to suffer successive relegations for this to be true. I highly doubt there are any PL-ready/top-half-Championship ready Indian teenagers just knocking about the streets of Delhi. 

Not necessarily in the first team, I mean in the U18 team at the least.

3 hours ago, AJ said:

Interesting that he is following Grealish. Keeping tabs?

I think it's interesting that he is following every player I would suggest has some interest from other clubs this window. Amavi and Ayew are obviously talked about, some of the others have had tenuous links to other clubs. 

But I honestly think he just following a random group of the players, with no real reason to it 

Maybe I'll ask him 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think it's interesting that he is following every player I would suggest has some interest from other clubs this window. Amavi and Ayew are obviously talked about, some of the others have had tenuous links to other clubs. 

But I honestly think he just following a random group of the players, with no real reason to it 

Maybe I'll ask him 

Please do. :D

I single out Grealish because he has a history of being a tit on twitter.

Edited by AJ
Poetic reasons

I wonder if there'll be a point in the window, where if we've not moved on the players we want to, that RDM will get the go ahead to sign players he wants anyway?

Although squad size is an issue with them, surely they'd rather have a larger squad with added players they want as opposed to a large squad with players not wanted and none added in. 

Edited by villan-scott

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder if there'll be a point in the window, where if we've not moved on the players we want to, that RDM will get the go ahead to sign players he wants anyway?

Although squad size is an issue with them, surely they'd rather have a larger squad with added players they want as opposed to a large squad with players not wanted and none added in. 

I think you'd find it would be the case that they would go and get RDM's choices. 

I suspect the numbers though will be about 4 out, 4 in, so I fully expect that will be achieved. 

At the moment it looks like being Guzan, Richards, Lescott and Sinclair out. Possibly Veretout as well. 

If it was me I'd be tempted to keep Sinclair but if Green can step up and play his part this season then it would be good business to sell Scotty. 

2 hours ago, meme said:

Not necessarily in the first team, I mean in the U18 team at the least.

Maybe . . . . but honestly I think you need to treat this as a very long-term project. I wouldn't think it'll turn up much fruit in the next decade. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe . . . . but honestly I think you need to treat this as a very long-term project. I wouldn't think it'll turn up much fruit in the next decade. 

We.. Must.. Be.. Positive..

help me i'm suffering from Randy Lerner Disease

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, meme said:

Tony has not talked on his twitter for 20 hours.

I feel cold. I need him in my life...

He's waiting for some old tweets to be removed before he can make some new ones

• Like 3

Â