Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes let's hope. He can't force them to leave can he? He can tell them they are not wanted and can tell them he's accepted offers. What more can he do. And by reports it seems that Guzan, Sinclair and Veretout will all be leaving shortly. So yes they probably have agreed. 

Haven't seen a Guzan link, where's he going? 

42 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

oh... 3-4 players being informed they are leaving? Let's hope those players have agreed to move to other clubs.

I'm assuming alot of these things get lost in translation, surely he must mean things are close for the exit of 3-4 players, he is not playing dominoes ffs lol

19 hours ago, Tayls said:

Oh come on now! Stop the nonsense. As if a player is going to come out and say they are staying and then a few hours later just bugger off to another club. Perrrrrrleasseeeee. 

:trollface:

Snake?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

3-4 players will be informed they are leaving next week. We will then sign players until the window closes. Seemed pretty clear. 

Well, I am more of an optimist - I read it as "We need to get rid of the dead wood. We will continue to sign new players until the window closes. 3 to 4 will be signed next week, when we will inform you of their names". That sounds nice and positive. I can sleep easier tonight. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Interesting. 3-4 players are going to be told they can leave. I wonder what happens then. Do the players look for a new club themselves or do they just pack it in and take their pay checks. 

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Interesting. 3-4 players are going to be told they can leave. I wonder what happens then. Do the players look for a new club themselves or do they just pack it in and take their pay checks. 

I would expect everything has all been agreed behind the scenes. I highly doubt Tony is announcing on Twitter he's going to sack 3 or 4 people this week before those players have even been spoken to.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Well, I am more of an optimist - I read it as "We need to get rid of the dead wood. We will continue to sign new players until the window closes. 3 to 4 will be signed next week, when we will inform you of their names". That sounds nice and positive. I can sleep easier tonight. :rolleyes:

That's how I read it first and now still can't decide on how I think it should be interpreted.

I neither see us signing 3 or 4 players this week or do I see it that Villa are going to tell 3 or 4 players they aren't wanted.

My attempt at something possibly realistic but a complete guess is 

We need to make the squad smaller and then we hope to sign 3 or 4 players before the window ends. I'll know more next week. You can say farewell to the old days of the Lerner era, I'm the boss now and everything is good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Godders said:

I would expect everything has all been agreed behind the scenes. I highly doubt Tony is announcing on Twitter he's going to sack 3 or 4 people this week before those players have even been spoken to.

I hope you are right because the way the tweet is worded it doesn't sound like that's the case.

so hes just tweeted about a press conference that will be happening in India.. announcing links with the club. WTF.. where did that come from? i know hes been over there.. but little has been posted about why. Interesting!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/25/aston-villa-plans-in-india?

Aston Villa is opening its first football academy outside England in India.

This follows discussions held with the Minister of Sport Vijay Goel and the Minister of Education Prakesh Javedekar.

Villa is to be appointed as advisor on football as the sport forms part of the national curriculum for Indian state schools.  

India’s ambition is to be as successful at football as cricket and ultimately host the World Cup by building from grassroots.  

Villa’s academy will be located in New Delhi on property provided by the Municipal Council, including a 3G pitch and offices, changing rooms, gym, classrooms and other amenities.  

The academy will train coaches to work in the state schools and will coach kids from the age of five upwards.  

Dr Tony Xia, Aston Villa chairman, made the announcement at a press conference today at the Taj Hotel in New Delhi following five days of meetings.  

Villa also plans to tie-up with a Club playing in the Indian Football Super League.  

The chairman revealed he hoped to find talented Indian footballers to attend the club’s Bodymoor Heath academy and eventually progress to play in Villa’s first team.  

Dr Tony said: “Aston Villa Football Club plans to expand globally and India is one of the countries where we not only want to have an Indian Super League club but also open football academies all over India.   

“Aston Villa has one of the best football academies in the world and has fans all over the world and some of our famous supporters include David Cameron, Prince William and Tom Hanks.

“Using our network we also want to help promote the U17 FIFA World Cup being held in India next year and make it a big sports celebration.”

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Say what you want but he seems to get things done.  Tony's forte has been in urban regeneration - developing regions in China with modern architecture etc. Seems to be doing something similar here going around the world developing modern villa academies to feed the club and develop the game.  The talent pool in India is frigging huge!!!  

Its obvious this guy is smart as ****, on top of all the other obvious benefits, this generates fans from the grassroots of these huge bases from when they are young! 

• Like 2

Â