England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I've asked this before, but this role that Rooney is playing - has he ever played it to great effect at Manure? Why is he playing it for England? Why are we building a team around a guy who has never really fulfilled his potential - certainly at International level.

Any team who start accommodating a big name ageing player by sticking him in deep midfield ready to come short and receive it followed by a long ping forward is in trouble. 

If he's good enough play him as a striker.   If he's not drop him. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I'd like to say I've never seen a side so incapable of breaking down an organised defence, 

Could you imagine if we did progress to a meeting with Italy? I think Buffon could just take the day off. 

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

But if you've created a system to shoe horn him in - taking him out means you don't have to keep it so JH & JW don't have to be like for like replacements.

Maybe you could, (sounds radical,) play people in their proper positions with a system they are used to and which plays to the players strengths.

Just not cricket old boy, we are England that kind of this is cheating.

• Like 1

1) God watching England is SO much like watching the last few years Villa.   Have loads of possession without actually doing anything with it.   Constantly pick the wrong ball.  No quick pass and move,  no taking players on. 

2) how many kane/rooney/srurrige/defender on corner chances that against the villa are guaranteed goals for their clubs against the villa but for England blazed over or wide.   Does my head in.