Eurovision Song Contest 2016

hogso

BBC1 @ 8pm this Saturday LIVE from the Ericsson Globe in Stockholm, Sweden.

The semi finals were held Tuesday and Thursday night, with the running order draw made early this morning. It is as follows;

1. Belgium
  2. Czech Republic
  3. The Netherlands
  4. Azerbaijan
  5. Hungary
  6. Italy
  7. Israel
  8. Bulgaria
  9. Sweden
  10. Germany
  11. France
  12. Poland
  13. Australia
  14. Cyprus
  15. Serbia
  16. Lithuania
  17. Croatia
  18. Russia
  19. Spain
  20. Latvia
  21. Ukraine
  22. Malta
  23. Georgia
  24. Austria
  25. United Kingdom
  26. Armenia

Ukraine are being tipped for success with their politically tinged track 1944 sung by Jamala, herself from Crimea. They didn't take part last year due to financial reasons and the on going conflict in Ukraine. The song concerns itself with deportation of the Crimean Tatars in the '40s by Stalin, and the chorus is sung in the Crimean Tatar language. It was accussed of being policitally loaded, which would have made it ineligible for the competition, but the EBU have confirmed it can take part as there is no 'political speech' in the lyrics. Instead, the song is inspired by stories that Jamala was told by her Grandmother, basically. What allegory is intentional is for the viewer to decide...

^_^

It's a shame the Belarus act didn't make it to the final - it was probably the first and only time you could potentially see a naked man mauled by wolves on live TV.

• Like 1

Apparently it's being broadcast in the US this year and Justin Trousersnake is performing but not competing?

Why? He's going to stick out like a sore thumb being the only talented singer there.

Maybe he wants to gawk at the hot Eastern European and Scandinavian women like the rest of us.

Edited by Ginko

Poland picked the wrong song. We could have had this lovely lady (crap thumbnail)

Instead we get this not so lovely lady.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I have told all my relatives in Cyprus to at least have some sympathy for the uk!

but seriously thus programme is garbage corrupt nonsense based on who your friends not on what talent you have. We have had monsters, Vikings, even a blood transsexual win it. It's just nonsense. Why the uk and other big countries bother is beyond. Me. 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There won't be any more of this after Brexit.

Sure they can make an exception for England since Israel & Australia are allowed to participate :)

watching this tomorrow(not out of choice).the bird i've started seeing wants to watch it !!!!!!!!!.some bloke out if westlife is in it so she says.at least i get breast sex after.:D

1 minute ago, krisagg75 said:

watching this tomorrow(not out of choice).the bird i've started seeing wants to watch it !!!!!!!!!.some bloke out if westlife is in it so she says.at least i get breast sex after.:D

I'm afraid the bloke out of westlife was eliminated in the semi final 

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I hope its clunge-tastic

Just had a look at the performers, some top totty will be on show. Watch out for the eastern European entries, lots of crumpet ;)

• Like 1

Â