The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, useless said:

I don't think we need to change the squad as much as some people think. Providing we don't lose too many players, then I think six or seven new signings, should be enough.

This is the thing. We ARE going to lose a lot of players,  the noises are already being made. And our foresight including relegation clauses will help them leave because they will find new clubs willing to pay more than our 50% reduced wages.

We are not going to be like the scum with Ziggich or Wolves with Doyle. They were happy to stay put picking up their huge wages but ours won't be able to do this because of the relegation clauses. 

Then there are several players who we WANT to get rid of. We are likely to have the biggest rebuilding job ever.  Forget whatever previous budgets have been. 

Plus the huge money increase in the PL will filter down. Players will be more expensive to buy this summer than before. 

Strange that they should call him a multi-millionaire, but then go on to say that he wants to buy four clubs, that won't come cheap especially if they're top flight clubs.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Strange that they should call him a multi-millionaire, but then go on to say that he wants to buy four clubs, that won't come cheap especially if they're top flight clubs.

It's accurate. The guy personally is only worth about $70 million or so. That said his company where all his assets are stored is what is worth all the money. He's said on numerous occasions that he can just sell up a stake in something and get another £400 million. He's not super rich as a person but that's likely to keep him off rich lists which he seems to prefer, but he has cash through his company. There was an article found some weeks back that described his company as a collection of assets worth in the 100 billions, now back then we all assumed it was 100 billions in Yuan, but that is still over £10 billion. 

• Like 1

was talking to my brother and saying i'm more optimistic for our future now than if we'd have stayed up under lerner.maybe in a few years we'll be saying the best thing to happen for us was to go down.(hopefully).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daweii said:

It's accurate. The guy personally is only worth about $70 million or so.

Is there clear evidence for this?  Not criticizing, but as far as I can tell no one really knows what he is worth.

Edited by Gary Thomas

13 hours ago, Tubby said:

Didn't we spend £50m to fall out of the Premier League?

A haunting event.....lets hope we learn from it.

money without the necessary savvy to go with it......is very questionable.

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Is there clear evidence for this?  Not criticizing, but as far as I can tell no one really knows what he is worth.

Its of little significance what he is worth.....on that single subject, its more about what monies he can raise to help us.....as opposed to what the source is.

There is a subtle difference.

How do we know that all the established sheiks and oligarchs input to their clubs is all their money......business men traditionally like to spread the risk, they may just keep that to themselves.

All that said.....I still believe better decision making will have a far more deeper effect on our resurgence.....and I am hoping that will happen.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

A richest men in china article I think was on Forbes. It placed him like 500th or so worth about $77 million. It was posted on this site almost 2 months ago yet Forbes post so much shit I'm struggling to find it through Google.   

Not if they throw loads of money and loads of running costs into us and then they have a change of government and the new one has no interest in keeping us running for their sake of pride/bragging rights/shits and giggles

2 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Not if they throw loads of money and loads of running costs into us and then they have a change of government and the new one has no interest in keeping us running for their sake of pride/bragging rights/shits and giggles

Live in the now and enjoy it rather than thinking about what may or may not happen in the future. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

they wont, the way their elections work mean that there wont be an overhaul of that magnitude, they've identified sport as a way of world domination cant see that changing

think the biggest danger is them losing interest if we're a slow burner

Why do people think we're owned by the Chinese government? 

Why us and not Inter Milan? Or maybe they're the investors sniffing around AC Milan. Or what if the government has actually invested in Man City given Chinese "investors" bought a stake in the club two months after the president visited it? 

17 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Why do people think we're owned by the Chinese government? 

Why us and not Inter Milan? Or maybe they're the investors sniffing around AC Milan. Or what if the government has actually invested in Man City given Chinese "investors" bought a stake in the club two months after the president visited it? 

Or maybe they have done all of the above.

What makes me think that there is more to this than meets the eye is Xia's plans.

We get that Recon is likely worth about £10 billion if other Chinese articles about his asset worth are true. Yet he's spending more than you would expect. 

He has a $3 billion deal to buy a logistics company in the US.

He wants to buy four more clubs so you'd assume he has more than enough money to buy us, run us, make us the top team in English football and run four other clubs.

He also wants to turn the greater Aston area into a massive Aston Villa theme park.  

Maybe Xia is just absurdly rich and he hides it very very well. Yet it seems incredibly likely that there is investment coming in from somewhere. He may be funding the logistics takeover himself as we know his company has cash, but the rest seems like an awful lot of money for a company to invest with no guarantee of a return on investment.