Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Hughton and Dyche though definitely out - Hughton with the new deal and Dyche having just got promoted - no chance. Same with Bruce if Hull win the playoff. Rodgers ego for me suggests he "needs" Champions League football and I agree he seems likely to go to Celtic. 

Think we are looking at Moyes, RDM and Pearson on the shortlist at least, if Pearson was on Hollis & Lerner's radar then likely they would have said to Xia that he is interested so at the very least I think he will be spoken to.

However at the moment might be seeing who could pull in. With talk of different budgets perhaps trying to tempt Rafa Benitez from Newcastle? Clearly seems to be indicating he is happy to manage in Championship so long as there is money and ambition which appears to be the issue for Newcastle... Maybe could be persuaded... ;)

Fat Sam  - Moyes - we are Aston Villa we don't settle for third choice

I wouldn't want Fat Sam for more than 2 seasons though , just get us up , get us stable and then we will appoint Mourinho or someone

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Fat Sam  - Moyes - we are Aston Villa we don't settle for third choice

I wouldn't want Fat Sam for more than 2 seasons though , just get us up , get us stable and then we will appoint Mourinho or someone

Mourinho? Can we be a little realistic...?

It appears Benitez wants some guarantee on transfer funds before he commits to Newcastle. We have transfer funds available and Benitez doesn't like working with anyone else and likes 100% control on transfers which I also prefer. I don't like DoF's and transfer committee's. He also has his get out clause from Newcastle too.

Best part about getting Benitez too would be the inevitable geordie meltdown :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

It appears Benitez wants some guarantee on transfer funds before he commits to Newcastle. We have transfer funds available and Benitez doesn't like working with anyone else and likes 100% control on transfers which I also prefer. I don't like DoF's and transfer committee's. He also has his get out clause from Newcastle too.

Best part about getting Benitez too would be the inevitable geordie meltdown :D

Can you imagine how much they would HATE us - fricking hell, it would almost be worth it just to see the true Geordie's reaction :)

• Like 1

My preference from the names we have been linked with.

Moyes > Rodgers > Pearson > RDM.

Hollis suggested again today that the preference is for a British manager.

Edited by av1

From Hollis' interview it certainly sound like their preferred candidate could very well be Bruce or Pearson. He spoke about being British, and having success in the Championship. I think I would have to chose Pearson, but in the end I don't care as long as season is more enjoyable than last.

I think we'll go in for Pearson now. Reading the comments from Xai about attitude being more important than ability, that's very comparable to Leicester, and what Leicester had under Pearson was the right attitude on the pitch and great togetherness off it. 

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

Taking a bit of 20-1 Rodgers action

Not bad, I had a £10 on Rodgers at 100-1 ... would be nice if that one come off. 

I really hope it isn't Pearson, for me that would put a bit of a dampener on what great news the takeover is. Of the supposed likely candidates, I would still prefer Moyes.

I can't see it being Bruce, either he gets promoted or he has failed with what is possibly the strongest squad in the Championship. Di Matteo is a strange one, not sure anyone would have suggested him if his name wasn't already in the frame, and I think it is a bit difficult to judge his managerial record.