AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

I guess its worth noting the accounts are only up to 31st May last year... ie. pre-Under Armour deal and whatever else Fox has claimed to have achieved recently.

Still will be interesting nonetheless

Can someone please explain to me why people are expecting, even accepting, a big loss?

The last financial report showed a loss of £4m. I can't think of any reason why we can have lost more than this in the latest reported year. We have only ever cut costs so how can we have made more losses?

Genuinely interested in any reason we can have lost more than £4m.

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Can someone please explain to me why people are expecting, even accepting, a big loss?

The last financial report showed a loss of £4m. I can't think of any reason why we can have lost more than this in the latest reported year. We have only ever cut costs so how can we have made more losses?

Despite the cup run mention has been made that things are not good financially by the custodian's bean counter. It could be that our custodian has withdrawn the support he had given in previous years or there may be other reasons but I will be as interested as you are in any reason they may choose to provide us with should our loss be much higher than it was last year.  

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

We gave another manager a 4 year deal then paid him off. We still had some big contracts at the time too, I don't think we lost many biggies from the previous year? A year in which we also made a loss. I said (£5M) on the first page and I expect it to be around that, though potentially closer to (£10m). 

Basically, the club is a shambles .It's a horror show on the pitch and it's also STILL pissing money out of every orifice because for almost a decade nobody actually bothered trying to market the club during an era in which the premier league was/is a booming economy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

'Expecting' a big loss because Tom Fox's words at the supporters meeting were 'the club is still massively loss-making'. 

Not 'accepting' it, but it doesn't bother me particularly. Most football clubs are loss-making enterprises, and it's not my money. I care about the football. 

I think we may see a small profit , but this will be mainly down to increased TV money and will show just how much we will lose going down which will put us back in to finical problems so one step forward about 10 steps back

Its quote unbelievable that Lerner has taken 10 years to decide to put his house in order, this should have been straight after the acquisition.

He really is a fabulous fabulous business man at the top of his game isnt he. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nabby said:

I think we may see a small profit , but this will be mainly down to increased TV money and will show just how much we will lose going down which will put us back in to finical problems so one step forward about 10 steps back

Villa's TV money decreased from £72 million in 13/14 to £68.6 million in 14/15.

On 3/8/2016 at 18:22, jackbauer24 said:

Totally agree.

Maybe its because they threw away so much on a bunch of s***e players form Franch and are playing themselves loads to deliver j**k S**t!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2016 at 18:22, jackbauer24 said:

New contracts for Lambert, Grealish and Agbonlahor, along with the payments to Lambert and his backroom staff when he was sacked.

Lower TV money.

Increased player amortization costs, due to the transfers of Sanchez, Cissokho and Gil.

Increased wages due to Cole, Senderos, Cissokho, Gil, Sanchez, Cleverley and Sinclair which is partially offset by Albrighton, Delfounso, El-Ahmadi and Bowery leaving.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

New contracts for Lambert, Grealish and Agbonlahor, along with the payments to Lambert and his backroom staff when he was sacked.

Lower TV money.

Increased player amortization costs, due to the transfers of Sanchez, Cissokho and Gil.

Increased wages due to Cole, Senderos, Cissokho, Gil, Sanchez, Cleverley and Sinclair which is partially offset by Albrighton, Delfounso, El-Ahmadi and Bowery leaving.

Christ, when you put it like that these rumours of a £28m loss don't seem quite so mental.

Fabulously ran Randy, nice one.  

• Like 1

I knew we were in trouble from the time they came out and said they would run Aston Villa as a company.

But not even I thought they would run us like Enron.

Clowns!

• Like 1

Â