AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

On 2/27/2016 at 11:25, mwj said:

Are you nuts?

We're about to get relegated and you wanted the club to turn a break even into a £20m+ loss. Who pays the debts off, the **** tooth fairy? Cause it sure as **** isn't going to be Lerner

This isn't football manager, if we go broke the club is FINISHED. Have you not been paying attention to Rangers, Parma etc recently?

Sorry, this is nonsense, yes you're right about it could put us into financial danger - but we'd be far from finished because Lerner has consistently bailed us out. He may have made some bad, incredibly foolish, naive mistakes but he's not going to shut the club down - if he was he'd have done it erm... every year he's been here. I'd guess we haven't made a profit during his reign, certainly lost millions under MON and since then.

Lerner is many things and has made many mistakes but stick to facts rather than make believe

18 minutes ago, commander said:

Sorry, this is nonsense, yes you're right about it could put us into financial danger - but we'd be far from finished because Lerner has consistently bailed us out. He may have made some bad, incredibly foolish, naive mistakes but he's not going to shut the club down - if he was he'd have done it erm... every year he's been here. I'd guess we haven't made a profit during his reign, certainly lost millions under MON and since then.

Lerner is many things and has made many mistakes but stick to facts rather than make believe

Yes he has consistently bailed us out so far (£23m last year according to Fox), but considering he's trying to sell the club and is cutting costs left right and centre would you rely on that?

Bolton is a pretty good example of what happens when an owner turns the tap off

1 hour ago, mwj said:

Yes he has consistently bailed us out so far (£23m last year according to Fox), but considering he's trying to sell the club and is cutting costs left right and centre would you rely on that?

Bolton is a pretty good example of what happens when an owner turns the tap off

He's been trying to sell the club for years yet is still bailing us out.

True re Bolton but Lerner is a pretty good example of what happens when the owner keeps 'the tap' on, bailing the club out.

I'm not defending Lerner's decisions and lack of involvement or interest  in the club, but the one thing he has done is throw money at the club

• Like 1

We received £68.6 million in TV money last year, just for anyone interested. 

Reckon we will make a loss of around £10 million, mainly due to not getting any money in from transfers and the compensation paid out to Lambert plus backroom staff. 

1 hour ago, commander said:

True re Bolton but Lerner is a pretty good example of what happens when the owner keeps 'the tap' on, bailing the club out.

I'm not defending Lerner's decisions and lack of involvement or interest  in the club, but the one thing he has done is throw money at the club

I don't think "throwing money" is something Lerner has done here since about 2009.

Dripfeed is more appropriate.

Premier League leaders Leicester City have announced a pre-tax annual profit of £26.4m for the year ending May 2015, compared to a £20.8m loss in 2013-14.

City's website describes 2014-15 as "the most successful financial year in the club's recent history" as revenue rose from £31.2m in 2013-14 to £104.4m.

Average attendances also increased from 25,003 to 31,693 in their first season in the top flight for a decade.

The Foxes currently top the Premier League table by three points.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35714770

On 3/1/2016 at 20:44, commander said:

Why has he had to do that, do you think?

I think people are in for a big shock when the accounts come out. 

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why has he had to do that, do you think?

I think people are in for a big shock when the accounts come out. 

If the accounts come out..........

Â